• Wrapping Up

May 10, 2012

Hi, guys! I thought I hit publish on this post earlier today, but I guess I didn’t. Oops. Sorry! Better late than never, right?

So, once the Fitness Blogger Meet & Tweet ended, I headed back to my hotel room to shower (because I was a sweaty beast) and get ready for a blogger dinner at Tortilla Flats.

IMG_4224

IMG_4207

While we waited for everyone to arrive, I snacked on some tortilla chips and salsa.

IMG_4211

A little while later, Theodora, Anne, Sarah, and I ordered a pitcher of margaritas to share. I got mine with salt, obviously. I mean, isn’t that the best way to drink a margarita? On the rocks with salt? I think so.

IMG_4215

Hooray for margaritas!

IMG_4217

IMG_4219

For dinner, I ordered the Tropical Quesadilla, which came with mango, cheese, and chicken inside. It was pretty good. The margaritas were better. #peacesignsinfood

IMG_4223

A big thanks to Natasha from Physique 57 for organizing the dinner at Tortilla Flats! Good times!

After dinner, a few of us didn’t want the night to end quite yet, so we went to the Biergarte at The Standard for a drink.

IMG_4229

The Biergarte was such a cool place. I want to go back!

IMG_4228

Workout

The next morning, I woke up bright and early for a run with Anne and Theodora along the Hudson River.

photo2 (640x478)

It was gray and rainy, but still so pretty!

photo (640x478)

We ran a little over 5 miles in about 45 minutes. It was definitely one of those workouts that you don’t want to do, but when you finish, you are so happy that you just did it. Plus, peer pressure is great motivation, right?

Breakfast

After our run, we stopped by Starbucks to grab breakfast. Once again, I went with the Protein Box, a banana, and an iced soy chai latte. I chugged down the tall in no time yesterday, so I ordered a grande this morning. Good decision.

After breakfast, I packed up my things, checked out of my hotel room, and then met Anne, Courtney, and Julie to walk to Penn Station to catch our train to Boston. The walk was less than a mile, but the four of us were quite the sight to see—especially me—with all of our big, awkward bags walking through midtown. I was such a goon and must have dropped/tripped over my stuff a dozen times trying to get myself to Penn Station. Derp.

At Penn Station, we grabbed lunch at Chickpea to take with us on the train and then met up with Sarah and Maria, who were also traveling to Boston.

Lunch

The train was pretty crowded, so, unfortunately, the six of us couldn’t sit together, but Anne, Maria, and I managed to score some seats near one another once some people got off the train.

I did some blogging and then broke into my lunch, which was a salad with Basil and Roasted Pine Nut hummus (yum), chicken, and falafel. I also drank a bottle of Half & Half.

IMG_4240 (640x480)IMG_4241 (480x640)

We’re just pulling into South Station now. I can’t believe #FitBlogNYC is already over! What a fun few days!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 10, 2012 at 10:09 pm

That restaurant looks so cool! Ahhh and now I want a margherita!

Catalina @ Cake with Love May 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Nice margaritas, and all the food sounds delicious, looks like you had a very fun trip!

Alyssa (pb and oatmeal) May 10, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Sounds like a cinco de mayo dinner! ;)

Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds May 10, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I am beyond jealous that you get to attend so many fun blogging events :) Lucky goose! Crossfit has made you so buff… your guns are deadly! You are in excellent shape… keep up the good work :)

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:24 pm
    Sana May 10, 2012 at 10:34 pm

:) Your trip sounds like a blast so far!

Tasha May 10, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I hate to say it but I’m one of those anti crossfit people but looking at your arm definition in one of the above pictures might make me change my mind. Great work and devotion.

Tina May 11, 2012 at 5:37 am

Why are you anti-CrossFit?

mel May 11, 2012 at 10:37 am

I love crossfit! Try it before you knock it…you will be surprised! I agree your arms look great Tina!

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:24 pm

@mel: Thanks! :)

Jen May 12, 2012 at 12:13 am

@Tina: I’ve thought of CrossFit before…but I hate weights! I just can’t get into it :(

j3nn May 10, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Looks like NYC was a blast! Honest Tea Half & Half is my favorite flavor. It’s so refreshing!

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:25 pm

@j3nn: Mine too! It reminds me of summer! :)

Annette@FitnessPerks May 11, 2012 at 12:43 am

Wow–it sounds like you had such a great time there. And with such cool people too. Bloggers seem to be super awesome in person too-which is a really fabulous thing :)

That quesadilla actually sounds rreeeaaalllylyy yummy!

michelle kim May 11, 2012 at 2:14 am

That’s great that you got to have a fun evening with friends and then ya’lls woke up to go running in the morning! Looks like such a fun trip :D

Lynn @ the actor's diet May 11, 2012 at 3:09 am

Oh how I miss NYC! The Hudson River reminds me of my childhood.

Lindsay May 11, 2012 at 5:51 am

What delish eats! I loved the crazy ceiling with character at the Taco joint, and I hope to someday make my way back to the USA and some blog functions!

Anne P. May 11, 2012 at 6:33 am

I love how you’re checking me out like a total creeper in that group pic. ;)

Tina May 11, 2012 at 7:14 am

Haha! You are so hot!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! May 11, 2012 at 7:20 am

Everything you did looks so fun! And I totally agree – margaritas are best on the rocks with salt. :)

Erin May 11, 2012 at 9:06 am

I’m not sure why anyone would drink a margarita any way besides on the rocks with salt. I’m 32 weeks pregnant and have been dying for a margarita for months!

Cait's Plate May 11, 2012 at 9:11 am

Glad you had so much fun!!

Jac @ Challenged and Running in the Bike Lane May 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

Glad you had safe travels and good times with fun friends!

Gladyxa May 11, 2012 at 9:33 am

Love some mexican food! I loved your cruise posts by the way! My husband and I just went on a little cruise last week, but now after seeing your Belize Cave Tubing adventure, I’m determined to vacation here next! I love your blog and it’s helped me lose weight and get healthier. I’m not a small girl, but I’ve embraced with God has given me and I’m on a path of taking better care of myself. Everyone should be happy in their own skin, but if your not, then it’s time for a change. Thank you Tina for being an inspiration in my life, I hope I get to my Feel Good Weight soon!

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm

@Gladyxa: You will! I’m so happy that CNC has inspired you to get healthy. Keep up the good work!!! :)

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com May 11, 2012 at 9:54 am

that meet and tweet looks like a really amazing time! I have never tried Mango in a quesedilla but everytime I venture to whole foods I always pick up a small container of their mango salsa and use it on top of spicy shrimp taco salads. The sweetness is perfect to offset the heat!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 11, 2012 at 10:08 am

Looks like you girls had a great time! I have been craving a magarita since cinco de mayo and I still haven’t gotten one! Maybe tonight? Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm

@Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction: Did you get your margarita!?! ;)

Julie @ runningandriley May 11, 2012 at 10:08 am

Mmmm, margs! Love!!! Glad you had a great time but I bet you are stoked to be back home with Mal and Murphy! :)

Amy @Health Hungry May 11, 2012 at 10:37 am

Okay, seriously there really is a Chia latte??? I thought it was just a typo the last time – tell me more! And why isn’t it available here? I have to say, your life is amazing from where I sit… full of energy, cool places, amazing people, a good guy and a great dog!(I relate to the last two especially – and I’m working on the rest!) Cheers to Original Margaritas, on the rocks WITH salt! YUM! :)

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:27 pm

@Amy @Health Hungry: It’s just a typo! :)

Lena @ Fit on the Rocks May 11, 2012 at 10:56 am

Oh what a fun time! It looks like you ladies had a blast, and the Mexican food + margs with bloggers is a good combo…we just did it last weekend at Blend!

Brandi May 11, 2012 at 11:12 am

Looks like you all had such a blast!

Lindsay May 11, 2012 at 12:04 pm

the quesadillas look so good! last weekend we threw together some quesadillas using sharp cheddar, buffalo shredded chicken, and arugula. this weekend I’m planning on making some torta-dillas… basically deconstructed tortas thrown into a quesadilla! I was planning on using pulled pork, spicy beans, guac, cheddar, goat cheese, and arugula but now I might add some chopped mango for a little more flavor complexity. thanks for planting the idea in my head!

Lindsay May 11, 2012 at 12:05 pm

@Lindsay:

also, I love the skyline view picture you posted. my husband loves skylines, and I’m sure he’ll enjoy seeing this one. hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead of you!

rob fiasco May 11, 2012 at 1:53 pm

i love the fact that you like good beer. :)

Vitamins for Skin May 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm

That looks super fun! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Nicole

Amy @Macncheesenpeas May 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I know what you mean about those workouts that you don’t want to do, but you never regret a workout!

Laura @ She Eats Well May 11, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Impressed that you woke up and did your workout. Sometimes it’s hard to do after margaritas :).

Tina May 11, 2012 at 8:28 pm

@Laura @ She Eats Well: Haha! It was a little tough waking up the next morning! ;)

mary @ minutespermile May 11, 2012 at 3:49 pm

wow, what if you actually drank a bottle of (actual) half and half? that would be a true feat. also, i have showed up to about 5000 dinners/events in sweaty running gear. if it comes down to “do i have time to fix my hair” vs “do i have time to run another mile,” i almost always choose the latter. especially if salty margaritas are on the menu.

Tina May 12, 2012 at 6:17 am

It’s not really weight lifting. It’s definitely part of it, but it’s so much more!!