• It’s Bootcamp Time

May 9, 2012

Rise and shine, it’s bootcamp time!

This morning, Theodora invited Anne and me to attend a class at the indoor bootcamp that she regularly goes to. The instructor, Jasmine, kindly let us take the class for free this morning. Thank you, Jasmine!

The class was 45 minutes and really efficient. We got a full body workout and the use of kettlebells, Glides, Bender Balls, steps, and other equipment really maximized the workout and pushed us to the next level. The core work, in particular, was killer. We did leg lifts with the ball, Mountain Climbers with the Glides, and these torturous plank things called “Saws.” Yowsahs, my abs were burning! They’re going to be sore tomorrow!

Jasmine was really great– super motivating and full of positivity! Her class was awesome, and I definitely recommend it to anyone in NYC or visiting.

Breakfast

After bootcamp, we stopped by Starbucks to grab breakfast. I got a Protein Box, iced soy chia latte, and a banana.

Inside the Protein Box: a hardboiled egg, sliced apple, grapes, cheese, Justin’s honey peanut butter, and a piece of multigrain “muesli” bread. I love these kinds of meals with lots of different tastes.

I’m off to the Fitness Blogger Meet & Tweet! Woohoo!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 9, 2012 at 9:26 am

That bootcamp class sounds great, I’ve always wanted to take a class with kettle bells!

Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air May 9, 2012 at 9:31 am

Sounds like a fun workout, can’t wait to hear about the meet and tweet!

Angela@The Chicken Scoop May 9, 2012 at 9:34 am

Looks like you are having a great time in NYC!!! The hotel looked especially fabulous. Love that you are keeping up your workouts too!
    ~Ang

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 9, 2012 at 9:35 am

how fun! i’m a huge fan of bootcamp classes, especially when they’re with friends!

Willemijn May 9, 2012 at 9:36 am

Would love to do a indoor bootcamp!
    And that breakfast looks really tasty!

Lisa May 9, 2012 at 9:42 am

You never get a day off from working out do ya girl? lol Now I gotta say…that type of workout class looks like a blast!!! Do you know anything else about the class? (are they offered everywhere? how much? etc)

Tina May 9, 2012 at 11:00 am

Just click on the ‘indoor bootcamp’ link! :)

Lisa May 9, 2012 at 2:30 pm

@Tina oops sorry! lol I typed this early this morning…should have looked closer, thanks! :)

Brandi May 9, 2012 at 9:47 am

Super cool that you were able to take the bootcamp! :)

I didn’t know that Starbucks sold that!! I will definitely have to try that next time. :)

Have fun at the Meet and Tweet!

colleen May 9, 2012 at 9:51 am

Love the protein box! What a great idea.

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life May 9, 2012 at 9:57 am

That looks like a blast! I haven’t taken a bootcamp class since college, but it is always fun to try something new, especially at a different gym than you are used to. Gotta jump on those opportunities that’s for sure! :-)

mary @ minutespermile May 9, 2012 at 10:01 am

I’m a fan of the protein box but do wish it came with veggies! Still, a pretty healthy option for fast-ish food.

Alyssa (pb and oatmeal) May 9, 2012 at 10:02 am

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about kettle bells lately, but I’m a little intimidated and not quite sure what to do with them!

Anna O May 9, 2012 at 10:03 am

What a great post!!! I love working out with friends and an indoor bootcamp in the morning sounds like the perfect way to start the day:):)

Catalina @ Cake with Love May 9, 2012 at 10:03 am

I love Bootcamp but I never did it indoors, usually during the summer they have classes in Central Park that I take, its amazing, the outdoors make me work harder :)

Steph May 9, 2012 at 10:06 am

I love the protein box from Starbucks. It’s a good, quick meal if you need it. That workout sounds awesome- love when my abs are sore! :)

Corrie Anne May 9, 2012 at 10:27 am

what a fun class!! and the insructor makes all the difference in the world. love those combo boxes too. i was searching high & low this morning because I know I have a little packet of that Justin’s pb hiding somewhere!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 9, 2012 at 10:32 am

Chia latte @ Starbucks!? No way! :)

Alex @ therunwithin May 9, 2012 at 10:33 am

I wish I could do a bootcamp class with friends, I haven’t been near a gym that offers them.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape May 9, 2012 at 10:33 am

It’s great to try out new workouts like that. You never know when you’ll find something you really love!

Carrie May 9, 2012 at 10:44 am

Bootcamp sounds like it’s tough! I keep meaning to try out a class.

Khushboo May 9, 2012 at 11:02 am

Wow I’m impressed with Starbucks- that protein box looks great!

j3nn May 9, 2012 at 11:04 am

I love mixed variety meals like that, too! Fun to have small nibbles. :)

Jac @ Challenged and Running in the Bike Lane May 9, 2012 at 11:25 am

I love the protein box at Starbucks. I will often get one after a race just because it satisfies all my cravings!!

Cait's Plate May 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

Looks like a great way to start the day! :) Enjoy the meet & greet!

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! May 9, 2012 at 11:36 am

dang that protein box looks amazing! my starbucks doesnt have anything like that, i wish it did because sometimes i try to grab something there if im in a hurry

Annette@FitnessPerks May 9, 2012 at 11:44 am

That bootcamp sounds awesome! I love doing workouts and moves the incorporate a bunch of different things.

Have FUN at the tweet and meet thing!

Amy @Health Hungry May 9, 2012 at 11:47 am

I love how you always fit in your workouts – and make them fun on the road… Okay, seriously – Chia latte? I had Chia seeds in my oatmeal this morning – but in your coffee? Is that a typo? If so, perhaps you’ve inspired a new creation! It could be kind of like the tapioca balls in tea – but actually nutritious! ;)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio May 9, 2012 at 11:52 am

I love working out with friends!! Glad y’all had fun.

Stephanie @My Freckled Life May 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Man you guys having blinging pants in that picture! Sounds like a great workout though – I love bootcamp-like classes. Definitely get you sweating!

Taylor May 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Fun! I love boot camps! I am so jealous about the Starbucks up there, here in SC, we don’t get any of those snack packs, but last time I was in DC, my sister-n-law and I stopped in and I was in awe! All you can get here, are pastries :(

Have a good time

Brianna May 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I didn’t know Starbucks did those tray meals? Cool! Looks like you had a great workout.

Emily @ I'd Rather Walk May 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Nothing quite like a glidey Mountain Climber to throw a curveball into your normal workout routine. Fun and torturous!

michelle kim May 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Wow! That area with all the kettlebells and ropes… it’s like a kid seeing a giant box full of TOYS! I would start giggling with excitement seeing them :)

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama May 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Bootcamp classes are always a good sweat session. Enjoy the Meet and Tweet! I’m so jealous I’m not there. I’ve been seeing/reading so many fun things about what’s going on.

Laura @ She Eats Well May 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I love bootcamp classes! It’s such a great way to switch up your workout. Sounds like a fun day ahead for you!

Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit May 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I love reading everyone’s posts from the NYC blogging trip. I love NY so it’s fun to vicariously live through pics.

Kimberlee May 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Love Starbuck’s protein boxes! It was great hearing you speak at the Fitness Magazine Meet ‘n Tweet event today. Always great to meet successful bloggers :)

Tina May 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Thank you! Hopefully, I didn’t seem too nervous! :)

Erica May 9, 2012 at 6:31 pm

A good boot camp is the absolute best. What a yummy starbucks box. I will have to try that one.

Lindsay May 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm

That class sounds amazing! I need to find a new fitness challenge soon, as my workouts have become a tad dullsville! You provided the right motivation to get out there and hunt for a good class:) Also, love the protein box~ great choice for a quick bfast:)

Jeannette May 9, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Hi Tina,

I’m posting because I know you’ve been a part of Team In Training. Jasmine from the bootcamp you went to is up for the LLS’s Woman of the Year for the NYC chapter! She is fundraising and trying to make the most money she can for the LLS….

Check out the site!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Taking new fitness classes is so much fun! That’s awesome that you were able to do this one for free. :D

Mary May 9, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I’m jealous of your chai tea! I gave them up for 14 miserable weeks – once the bf returns from his overseas assignment, I am getting myself one of those! July will be perfect for the iced version :)

Megan@eatmybeets May 9, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I loveee bootcamp workouts! It’s just so fun and works your body in new ways all the time.

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family May 9, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I didnt know starbucks had a protein box. that looks awesome!

eliana May 10, 2012 at 7:02 am

Thanks for posting. Will definitely check out Jasmine’s class. Can I ask you, what brand are the pants and shirt you are wearing? I really like the reflective stripes on the pants (usefull when running at night) and the colorblock shirt! Thanks in advance :)

Tina May 10, 2012 at 7:39 am

Both are New Balance. Their capri pants are awesome! :)

Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 10, 2012 at 8:15 am

haha, that protein box is probably my fave thing at Sbucks besides their pastries! Such a wholesome little package….And I like grueling workouts too, they rock. I feel like you’d be “my ideal workout partner” ;)

Rachel May 10, 2012 at 9:57 am

Coach Jaz is the best! I’ve trained with her for over two years, both in Team in Training and at her bootcamps. I recommend her classes 110%!

Lynn @ the actor's diet May 10, 2012 at 9:57 am

Ah Justin makes the best pb. I need to get more!

Melissa Likes To Eat May 10, 2012 at 10:12 am

I love an efficient workout class like that! Makes me feel like my time was really worth it. Have fun!

Julie @ runningandriley May 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Boot Camp in NYC sounds awesome! And your breakfast looks delish. The end. :D

Julie May 12, 2012 at 12:05 am

The indoor boot camp space looks great. I want to live in New York for awhile to go to these on a regular basis.

I love using Gliders for mountain climbers!