• A Few of My Favorite Things

May 8, 2012

Hi, friends!

Around 3:00 this afternoon, I arrived safe and sound at Penn Station and then headed directly to my hotel for my stay in New York City. It was less than a mile away, so I hoofed it instead of taking a cab.

I love hotels, so here are some photos of my room (aka the special place)!

IMG_4106 (480x640)IMG_4105 (640x480)

IMG_4108 (640x480)IMG_4107 (480x640)

IMG_4110 (480x640)IMG_4112 (640x480)

Nice, right? The wonderful folks from Fitfluential and Fitness magazine invited me to speak on a panel tomorrow at the Fitness Blogger Meet & Tweet, so they kindly offered to cover the cost of my travel and accommodations for when I’m here in NYC. Thank you, Fitfluential and Fitness magazine!

Workout

Once I got settled in my hotel room, I changed into workout gear and headed to CrossFit BlackBox for a workout. (CrossFit!?! I bet I surprised you, right? Honestly, did you expect anything less from me?)

CrossFit BlackBox is a big box—both space- and class-wise. Most days, they offer more than 20 classes at their two locations, which, for me, was a tad problematic because I didn’t closely read the website and ended up at the wrong place. Thankfully, the two locations are just a few blocks from each other, so I made it to class with time to spare. (FYI: Beginner and Intermediate classes are held at the 44 W. 28th Street location while Advanced and Elements courses are held at the 25 W. 26th Street location.)

The W. 28th Street location was gorgeous inside! Check out all of that space and equipment!

The class I took only ended up having 6 people in it, so I received a lot of individualized attention today, which helped me achieve a PR on my squat. My 1 rep max was 155 pounds!! I’m not sure of my previous 1 rep max, but I have a feeling it was around 100 pounds. Mal is going to check my CrossFit notebook and let me know tomorrow. I’m almost positive it was a PR!

IMG_4122 (480x640)IMG_4124 (480x640)

Dinner

After CrossFit, I quickly showered and then met Ashley and Theodora for dinner at Greensquare Tavern. I love these ladies.

I started dinner with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a piece of raisin bread with butter.

IMG_4128 (480x640)IMG_4130 (640x480)

My entrée was the Honey Roast Chicken with mashed sweet potatoes (yummmm!) and a mix of veggies. The chicken was really good—flavorful, moist, and tender.

After dinner, we met Anne for a glass of champagne. Cheers!

IMG_4135 (640x480)IMG_4137 (480x640)

I love Anne, too!

And… I’m… face… planting… in… to…bed.

Good night, friends!

Sana May 8, 2012 at 11:42 pm

aww super cute that you have a special notebook just for Crossfit!!! And congrats on the PR :)

j3nn May 8, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I love hotels, too! Dinner looks great. Enjoy the city. :)

michelle kim May 8, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Your hotel room is super cute!
    That Crossfit Blackbox looks so bright and well-lit! (Most of the pictures I’ve seen are all dark and have no windows).
    Looks like a great, fun, and productive day!

Laura @ She Eats Well May 9, 2012 at 12:38 am

I love hotel rooms too; that room looks so sunny! And also, that is the nicest CrossFit facility I’ve ever seen. They must really range! One of the CrossFit’s in SF is literally in an old parking lot…with a shed. But it still works! As long as you can still get your sweat on right?

candice May 9, 2012 at 12:59 am

Way to go! I love to try out different boxes while on vaca! My fav was the one in hawaii! It was right next the beach! Great workout no matter where and you always feel welcome! Have a good time in NYC!! Wish I could be there to hear you speak! Your going to rock it!
    xoxo

Lindsay May 9, 2012 at 1:48 am

Whatevs on the title: You still INSPIRE me that you get your posts up DAILY. I post everyday, but a few days behind the actual calendar…does that make sense? I feel like face planting and it’s only 2:47pm here in S. Korea and I still have dance classes to teach tonight…yikes. Pictures of the gym were GREAT and so is that very cheerful hotel room. Can’t wait to hear about the panel.

Lindsay May 9, 2012 at 1:49 am

Oooo! And for the first time I was FIRST to comment~ delightful. It pays to be a day ahead of America at times:) lol

Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 9, 2012 at 6:22 am

Your dinner looks delicious! I love a good roasted chicken!

MyTravelFitness May 9, 2012 at 7:09 am

Lovely hotel pictures and lots of fun with friends. Thanks for sharing! mytravelfitness.com

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! May 9, 2012 at 7:25 am

Your dinner looks delicious. You can never go wrong with sweet potatoes on your plate! Good luck with the panel today!

Debbie May 9, 2012 at 7:54 am

Your hotel looks awesome! I love the pillow that says ‘Be Well’. One of my good friends will be at the Meet and Tweet today. She is the Director of a company called Fit Radio. She is an amazing girl :) and Fit Radio is a fantastic radio application for working out! Hope you guys get to meet each other.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 9, 2012 at 8:04 am

Haha of course you found a crossfit! I do love your dedication, and it’s awesome that they really are everywhere!

Ash Bear May 9, 2012 at 8:32 am

I’m so glad I was able to spend time with you two last night. Who knows, now that I know there is a “box” near me maybe I’ll give it a try one day with Bo!

Cindy May 9, 2012 at 8:56 am

That hotel room looks so nice and welcoming. I’m looking for a hotel near Penn Station and would love it if you could share the name of the hotel later this week.

Emily N May 9, 2012 at 9:05 am

Nice job achieving a new 1 rep max!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio May 9, 2012 at 9:11 am

Congrats on your squat max! That’s great.

SkinnyRunner May 9, 2012 at 10:07 am

i love hotels too; i even collect the hotel rooms keys of places ive stayed in. total nerd, what?

Tina May 9, 2012 at 10:59 am

I do too! I keep saying I’m going to make something with them, like an art project.

Emily May 9, 2012 at 10:08 am

Tina,

That is my gym!

The funny thing is, when I was going up the stairwell yesterday I thought I recognized you, but it took me a minute to figure out from where and by that point it was too late.

I hope you come back to our gym soon. I love the black box!

-Emily

Tina May 9, 2012 at 10:58 am

No kidding?!? I loved BlackBox! :)

Brianna May 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm

That’s the cutest hotel room!

Annie May 9, 2012 at 1:20 pm

That room is super cute! Which hotel is it?

I’m in NY about once a year and never stay in the same place twice. I am actually looking for one to stay in later this year and would LOVE to look into that hotel.

Natalie May 10, 2012 at 7:21 am

Is that the Wyndam Garden Inn? My husband and I were just in NY and stayed there and it looks exactly like our room! Great hotel, excellent service, and location to walk and walk. Make sure you check out the High-Line (http://www.thehighline.org/) while you are there. It’s an amazing park!

Maggie May 12, 2012 at 12:48 am

Hi Tina….just wondering, what happened to your affiliation with Back on my Feet? It seemed like such a great organization. I haven’t heard you mention it in a while; are you still involved with that group?