• BOND Restaurant & Lounge Media Tasting

May 3, 2012

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending a media tasting for the new spring menu at BOND Restaurant & Lounge at The Langham Hotel in Boston.

_MG_7566 (750x499) (750x499)

I had never been to BOND (or even The Langham Hotel), so I was completely blown away when I walked in. It was absolutely gorgeous inside.

_MG_7571 (750x499) (750x499)

There was even live jazz music on a Wednesday night. So fancy.

The hotel and restaurant were once the original location for the Federal Reserve Bank, so the seal is displayed on the floor in BOND. Cool!

The invitation for the media tasting encouraged guests, so I brought my friend Jen. She’s a great date.

The new spring menu was fabulous. I pretty much loved everything that I tried from it, but here are the highlights.

Vietnamese Fresh Rolls

The Vietnamese Fresh Rolls were made with shrimp, chicken, veggies, and a spicy peanut sauce. They were light yet flavorful and super fresh (hence the name).

Crispy Point Judith Calamari

Oh my goodness. Can we talk about this calamari? It was easily the BEST calamari I have ever eaten. For real. I went on and on about it to Mal for a good 5 minutes when I got home from the event last night. It was pretty much life-changing for me.

The calamari was crispy, but not in a super fried, heavy way like most are. The chef uses evaporated milk in the batter, so it’s sort of light and not really greasy. It’s tossed in sweet chili and black sesame, so the flavor is slightly sweet and sort of tangy. I loved it, and I would definitely go back to BOND to have it again.

Sweet Soy and Ginger Chicken Wings

I’m typically not a huge chicken wing person, but I enjoyed these a lot. They were so, so, so tender and really flavorful—a nice mix of sweet soy and ginger.

The presentation was pretty cool too. Look at those things!

Lobster and Chorizo Quesadilla

The Lobster and Chorizo Quesadilla was another favorite of mine from the evening. Inside is queso blanco, sweet corn, and a whole pound of chunked lobster.

The price point ($20) was pretty high for this dish, but, trust me, it’s worth it. There was a ton of lobster inside, and it was really delicious. The rolls were pretty big too.

Flat Bread Pizza

At this point in the tasting, my stomach was getting full, but I just had to have a piece (ok, two pieces) of this flat bread pizza. It was made with the most amazing, full-flavored Great Blue Cheese. Mmm! The cheese alone is reason to order this pizza. Toppings also included grilled stone fruit, pancetta, and arugula.

Sticky Toffee Pudding

The evening ended with Sticky Toffee Pudding served with brown butter ice cream and Brooker’s whiskey caramel, and it was heavenly. The Brooker’s whiskey caramel was to die for—it was incredibly thick and sweet, but in a good way! I’d also go back to BOND to have this dessert again.

What a wonderful tasting. I love the new spring menu! Thanks so much for the invite, Mallory!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! May 3, 2012 at 8:20 am

The lobster and chorizo quesadilla looks SO yummy! As does the flat bread… As does everything really… :) Looks like a wonderful evening and a beautiful place. I’ll have to check it out sometime!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 3, 2012 at 8:22 am

That hotel looks gorgeous! And how fun to go to a tasting, I love things like that because I’m so indecisive! haha

Amy @Macncheesenpeas May 3, 2012 at 8:25 am

The food looks amazing!! I’ve never eaten at BOND, but I’ve been there for a fundraiser. I love the decor.

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 3, 2012 at 8:25 am

All that food looks amazing! I’ve been craving flatbread pizza for over a week now and that pizza may have just put me over the edge. I know what’s for dinner tonight!!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 3, 2012 at 8:25 am

Wow! The venue & food both look amazing!

Alison May 3, 2012 at 8:29 am

Sticky Toffee is my favourite cake…. If it’s on a menu I get it…. it’s even better with a little warm custard…. Yummy

chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 3, 2012 at 8:35 am

wow everything looks amazing..when I’m home for the summer i’ll have to check this place out with my parents!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 3, 2012 at 8:42 am

Wow, I’m so jealous! All of that food looks delicious. $20 may be high, but when you’re getting a good quality product, I think it’s worth it! :)

Tina May 3, 2012 at 8:44 am

Agreed! And there was a TON of lobster!

Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl May 3, 2012 at 8:47 am

Amazing! If I didn’t live in Amsterdam I’d be here in a heartbeat… sounds like a special place!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 3, 2012 at 8:56 am

YUM! I’ve never been to Bond either, but I’ve heard of it. Gues I have to go check it out!

Katryn May 3, 2012 at 9:02 am

Oh…my….goodness. What a SUPERB looking meal! I live in DC and we have a lobster roll food truck that sells lobster rolls for $18 each…from a truck. So, I actually don’t think the quesadilla is too expensive given the amount of lobster it has on it! Does that say something about how expensive the DC area is? :P

Alex @ therunwithin May 3, 2012 at 9:04 am

Oh man, that food looks great!

Becca May 3, 2012 at 9:06 am

Wow the hotel and the food both look amazing :) sounds like it was a fun time.

Angela May 3, 2012 at 9:19 am

I love the presentation of the quesadilla!! Everything looks great but I think that’d be my fave!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio May 3, 2012 at 9:19 am

Wow. What a beautiful restaurant. The food looks awesome and I love the chandeliers!

Cait's Plate May 3, 2012 at 9:22 am

The food looks absolutely delicious!

Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 3, 2012 at 9:27 am

Definitely worth the $20 if it’s got all of the good stuff in there. Oh how I love fine dining, especially if it’s Free.99! ;)

Jill @ Jill is Active May 3, 2012 at 9:35 am

All of that looks amazing!! I’ll have to persuade my boyfriend to take me when he comes to Boston to visit :) :) I’m moving to Somerville this weekend!!

Tina May 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

Yes! Please visit! You’ll love it! :)

Good luck with the move!

Faith @ For the Health of It May 3, 2012 at 9:36 am

The interior of that hotel is gorgeous. I wish I had that sort of ability to decorate!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 3, 2012 at 9:44 am

Wow! Looks like a delicious evening! :)

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 9:48 am

Pretty cool that you got to attend!

Jessica May 3, 2012 at 9:52 am

I noticed most of the reviews you give of places that invited you are very positive. Have you ever eaten somewhere that offered for you to visit, that you didn’t enjoy?

Tina May 3, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yes, plenty of times. Just check out my Events & Tastings category. There are a bunch of so-so reviews.

I always give my honest opinion when I’m asked to review places, food, products, etc., and I really enjoyed BOND, so I gave it a positive review. It definitely wowed me last night!

Lisa May 3, 2012 at 10:03 am

For a meal like that I totally think the money is worth it! That food looks amazing!!! Wow!! Gorgeous building too!

Melissa @ SquatsandSquash May 3, 2012 at 10:18 am

I love fancy evenings like that! and the food looked delicious. Makes me want to visit Boston!!!

Hayley @ Running Down the Runway May 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

That calamari looks incredible- Boston sure knows how to do it right! My goal is to make to to the Langham Hotel for the chocolate bar at Cafe Fleuri! Now that would be a dream :-)

laine May 3, 2012 at 11:12 am

Oh my god, that looks amazing. Now to drag my friends up from the South Shore to eat there!

Catalina @ Cake with Love May 3, 2012 at 11:13 am

So many good eats, but the sticky toffee pudding calls my name!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed May 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I must be the only person in the world that really hates chicken.

Molly@RDexposed May 3, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Your blog makes me want I visit Boston more and more! Love all the history there!

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 3, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I’m new to Boston and have been looking for places to take my family when they come visit. This definitely is going on my list! This all looks amazing and it looks like such a fun atmosphere!

michelle kim May 3, 2012 at 1:48 pm

All the dishes look incredible and decadent! Sounds like they make a wide variety of foods (spring rolls to flatbread pizza). The place looks beautiful!

Taylor May 3, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Looks delicious! I am on a flatbread pizza kick right now! My hubs and I have contest on who can make the best looking pizza.

leah May 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm

gosh EVERYTHING looked good, YUM. cool!

Annette@FitnessPerks May 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Oh MY goodness! These all look amazing–especially the spring rolls, flatbread pizza, and dessert. Holy delicious! Thanks for the mouth-watering pictures :)

Alaina May 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I totally remember the calamari being amazing at Bond! I loved going there for drinks when I worked at the Intercon. I definitely need to make it back there sometime soon. :-)

Tina May 3, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Amazing!!!!!

Cate May 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Yum! I’d been there for Restaurant Week but I may go back to try the calamari! Your friend Hen looks familiar… Like I went to high school with her or something!

Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Wow, this looks like an amazing dinner! I’m going to have to tell my brother to check it out since he lives in Boston :)

Michelle Levine May 3, 2012 at 8:28 pm

The Sweet Soy and Ginger Chicken Wings look amazing! And it is such a classy atmosphere over there :)

Erika B May 3, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Beautiful hotel and the food looks FAB! :) Thanks for sharing..

Sunnie(moderngirlnutrition.wordpress) May 3, 2012 at 10:40 pm

The quesadilla looks so good! I have been craving lobser like crazy too!

Lindsay May 4, 2012 at 6:53 am

Oh. My. Hungry Stomach! Your eats look ahhmazing. The lobster had me at hello. Thank you for sharing~ you’ve inspired me to get out and find a new eatery tomorrow!

Alyssa May 4, 2012 at 11:43 am

The Langham Hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from my work lol. I’m not a huge fan of lobster, but that quesadilla looks amazing!

Megan May 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Nice seeing you at the event, and I completely agree about that calamari! I can’t stop telling people about it!

Tina May 4, 2012 at 7:18 pm