A couple of weeks ago, I attempted to make cookies with vanilla protein powder in them. Of course, I knew they wouldn’t taste like “real,” dessert-like cookies””I was aiming for a pre- or post-workout-type cookie””but what I created totally bombed. Let’s just say my first attempt at Protein Powder Cookies was completely inedible (and sort of disgusting). My second attempt, however, was much, much, much better!
Protein Powder Cookies
- 1/4 cup dried prunes or dates
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop (31.8g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Divide batter into four cookies and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow to cool before serving.
Makes 4 cookies
The texture of these cookies is chewy, yet soft, and the flavor sort of reminds me of Fig Newtons with some nutty crunch from the walnuts.
With a healthy mix of carbs and protein, they’re perfect for a pre-workout or post-workout snack. I ate one before and after CrossFit last night.