• CNC Meal Plan: Week of April 29

April 29, 2012

Happy Sunday, friends!

I spent a crapload of money at the grocery store last week, so I really tried to keep our shopping list short and sweet by assessing and incorporating what we already had on-hand in our kitchen into our meals. If you’re interested, here’s a post where I explain my meal planning process.

2012-03-11_0815

• Chicken
    • Chickpeas
    • French onion dip
    • Cheez-Its
    • Frozen peas
    • Mozzarella cheese

*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

That salad with shrimp and avocado sounds awesome!! I need to get my behind to the grocery store ASAP! :)

Alex @ Raw Recovery April 29, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love how you are able to plan your meals. I’m really trying to get better about that but it’s harder cooking for one than cooking for two in my experience. I don’t know why, maybe the extra set of hands and ideas helps :)

Cait's Plate April 29, 2012 at 10:51 am

I love the mac and cheese with chicken and roasted broccoli idea!

char eats greens April 29, 2012 at 11:13 am

Ahhh, I need to start meal planning again!!

Ally April 29, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Hi Tina,

Don’t you think your readers would find it more useful if you actually posted all the ingredients needed to follow your meal plan, instead of just posting your own, personal shopping list?

Tina April 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I link to the recipes so readers can see what they call for and make their own shopping lists based on what they already have in their kitchens.

mary @ minutespermile April 29, 2012 at 12:05 pm

cheeze-its?! yes please. okay, a really cheap and healthy meal i made last week was this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/vegetable-meatloaf-with-balsamic-glaze-recipe/index.html
    lasts for days!

Bjorg April 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm

That shrimps Avocaldo salad sounds delicious :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 29, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Mmm that Shepherd’s pie sounds like its going to be delicious! I hope you’re planning on posting a recipe. ;)

Steph April 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm

@Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin: Seeing shepherd’s pie on the list made me come over all nostalgic! We had a lot of that in my house growing up, but I’ve never made it as an adult.

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy April 30, 2012 at 7:12 am

I feel like I am really not doing well with meal planning and grocery shopping! I eat the same old same old all the time and I have so much food in my cupboard/freezer, I can’t even understand why I’m spending as much as ever on food. Frustrating!