• Ann Taylor Concept Store Launch Event

April 6, 2012

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending a really nice event hosted by Ann Taylor and Boston Magazine to celebrate the opening of the first new Ann Taylor concept store in Boston. The Ann Taylor concept store opens today in the Prudential Center.

IMG_2739 (557x750)-2

The event was held at the fancy-schmancy penthouse at The Clarendon.

The views of the city were absolutely stunning!

Ann Taylor recently hired a new head designer, so the spring line was revamped to include lots of bright, bold colors, prints, and statement pieces. I loved everything I saw last night, especially all of the neon colors. They’re so fun!

The event included mini makeovers (makeup touch ups and hair styling) as well as cocktails from Voli Light Vodkas.

IMG_2750 (750x563)-2

I went with a Creamsicle, which was made with Voli Orange Vanilla Vodka and a splash of orange juice. It was light, refreshing, and delicious!

Bridget, Elizabeth, and I were invited to the event by Sarah, who was one of the Ann Taylor models for the evening. Don’t these ladies look so stylish and pretty?!

Man, I wish I could dress myself.

photo (750x560)-2

Sarah did a great job modeling her outfit from Ann Taylor. She’s such a natural!

Thanks so much for the invite, Sarah! I loved seeing all of Ann Taylor’s new styles for spring last night. I might need to do a little shopping there sooner or later!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 6, 2012 at 8:50 am

I’ve never really shopped at Ann Taylor because of the prices, but I do love the LOFT, which I feel like is the younger, less expensive version. 😉 I actually went there last night and wanted everything I tried on.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 6, 2012 at 8:53 am

That looks like a fun event! I love Ann Taylor but I’m more in an H&M price range right now in law school… haha I can’t wait to have a real job and be able to shop there!

Meg April 6, 2012 at 8:53 am

This looks like so much fun! I love the Clarendon, but have definitely never seen the city from quite that view before :) I am also kind of dying for the turquoise necklace you took a picture of! Such cute styles!

Tina April 6, 2012 at 8:56 am

I know! Me too! I loved it!

Amanda April 6, 2012 at 8:57 am

I’ve been a fan of Ann Taylor – Loft to be more precise – for a long time. This looks like a wonderful launch party.

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio April 6, 2012 at 8:59 am

I love it! The new style looks great!

Sana April 6, 2012 at 9:00 am

I wish someone would come and tell me what to wear everyday.

Tina April 6, 2012 at 9:02 am

OMG, me too! I dress like such a turd.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 6, 2012 at 9:03 am

@Tina: I do, too. I swear my husband has a better sense of style than I do … pretty sad! 😉

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 6, 2012 at 9:02 am

How fun! They’ve definitely re-vamped their look. I don’t remember ever seeing such bright, fun colors and styles! Love it! :)

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 6, 2012 at 9:12 am

Such a cool event! I love the colors! So vibrant and perfect for spring/summer :)

Bridget April 6, 2012 at 9:12 am

Great to see you last night!! Now all I want to do is go shopping!! Ooo can you send me that pic of me and sarah…yours came out much better than my iphone one. :) Mmm those cocktails were delicious too!

Tina April 6, 2012 at 9:15 am

So nice to see you too! We should get our shop on soon. Maybe you can help me dress myself? :) Just sent you the pic!

Khushboo April 6, 2012 at 9:15 am

Hiring a personal stylist is right up there in my list of what I’d do if I won the lottery! Loving neon colors this season!

Coco April 6, 2012 at 9:20 am

I LOVE Ann Taylor. After recently joining the professional world a year ago, it was a great place to stock up on essentials (tailored blazers, work pants, blouses).

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh April 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

Ooh fancy! Looks like a great way to spend an evening!

Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 6, 2012 at 9:33 am

I absolutely love Ann Taylor loft but stayed away from Ann Taylor because of price – however – I looooooove all the bright colors this season! I want to buy everything in those photos!!!

Carrie April 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

Looks like fun!

Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third April 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

I wish I could afford to buy everything in the spring line from Ann Taylor, so colorful and fun!!!

Tina April 6, 2012 at 9:59 am

Ditto! :)

Kate @ get up and flow April 6, 2012 at 9:57 am

Fun times! I’m planning to stop by the new store in the Prudential today — the stuff looks so cute!

Stephanie @itrainthereforeieat April 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

That event looks like so much fun!! And the new styles look amazing. I’m with some of your other commenters — I tend to stick with Loft because of the price point, and because Ann Taylor has always seemed a little bit “older” to me. Not anymore though, not with these new looks!

Alycia April 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

Ooooh, I love Ann Taylor! I can’t really afford it though, but I do stop in to check the clearance racks every once in awhile!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 6, 2012 at 10:15 am

I love Ann Taylor but it’s more of every once and awhile buy. LOFT is more budget friendly right now.

I’m like you, I need someone to tell me what to wear when it comes to real clothes these days. I spend the majority of my time in scrubs for work, workout clothes or jeans. Anything else and I’m lost!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 6, 2012 at 10:41 am

Jealous! I love Ann Taylor & LOFT!

Julie April 6, 2012 at 10:48 am

did you dye your hair?! it looks darker!

Tina April 6, 2012 at 10:49 am
    Cait's Plate April 6, 2012 at 11:11 am

Aw, that looks like so much fun!

Sarah April 6, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Thank you again so so much for coming! I wish I could have chatted longer with you guys. I loved that I had the biggest cheering section :) I need to go buy one of those neon belts.

Meg April 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I barley recognized Sarah with that bright blonde hair! You guys all look so pretty!!

michelle kim April 6, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Wow! What a stunning view! That’s so cool that you got to attend this event :)