Hey, check it out: brand new Running page on CNC! I’ve been working on this baby for weeks now, and it’s finally done. I can’t believe how much I’ve written about running over the years. Now, it’s all in once place and easy to find.
Speaking of running, I want to get my race calendar in order for the upcoming year. Last year, I was a crazy person and registered for a zillion road races (and spent a crapload of money on them), so, this year, I’m being a lot more selective with my choices. Feel free to weigh in on any of these races—would love to hear your opinions!
On my calendar (registered and ready to go) for 2012:
- Rock ‘N’ Roll USA Half Marathon: This race is a potential disaster waiting to happen, but I’m planning to have fun with it no matter what.
- Reach the Beach Relay: I seriously cannot wait for this relay, which reminds me that I need to buy banana costumes.
- The Boilermaker 15K: Colitis took this race away from me in 2011, but it won’t happen this year. Plus, I’ve been telling my friend Matthew that I’m going to run this race since 1998, so it’s about time I actually do!
Races I’ll likely register for:
- Boston’s Run to Remember Half Marathon: This race is my nemesis. Every year, I want to PR at it since it’s super flat and fast, but I always crash and burn. I want to run it just to make it my bitch.
- Harvard Pilgrim 10K: This is such a fun race! You cross the finish line on the Patriot’s football field!
- Falmouth Road Race: Amazing race and distance! It’s pretty much a party for the entire 7 miles.
Races I’m considering:
- Army 10-Miler: I’ve heard this a great race. I like 10-mile races, and I’d get to see my friends in DC.
- A fall half marathon: No idea which one, but something to keep me motivated. Any ideas, guys?
What’s on your race calendar for 2012?
I started my morning with a big bowl of “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats, but instead of almond milk, I used coconut milk in the mix. Texture-wise, it worked just fine, but flavor-wise, it didn’t change it too much. The banana pretty much overpowered any sort of coconut flavor. Oh, well, it was still delicious.
Breakfast failed me today because around 10:00, my stomach started to grumble. I definitely needed a snack before lunch, so I heated up some creamy butternut squash soup.
Did you notice “Waldo” in the photo above? Of course, Murphy is never far from the action.
Delicious soup. It held me over until lunchtime, no problem.
P.S. Wanna buy some fun Carrots ‘N’ Cake gear? Spreadshirt is offering 17% off a $25 purchase with the code is STP1712 (valid through 3/19).