• The Kama Lounge & CrossFit Night Out

March 31, 2012

What a night. It was a frickin’ blast, but, man, I’m paying for it today. Holy hangover.

Mal and I planned to hit up The Fat Cat for dinner last night, but, sadly, it was crazy-busy and we didn’t feel like waiting for a table, so we headed next door to The Kama Lounge where we snagged a couple of seats at the bar.

I started the night with a dirty vodka martini with olives.

To eat, Mal and I shared a few tapas: Sliders.

A Pulled Pork Quesadilla.

And Boneless Rib Wraps.

All three dishes were really tasty, but nothing special, ya know? I’m glad Mal and I tried out a new restaurant, but we’ll probably stick to The Fat Cat in the future because it’s just that good.

After dinner, Mal and I met up with our CrossFit friends for an “End of Stuff” (i.e. Paleo Challenge, The Open) party at The Stadium in Quincy Center.

Good times with CrossFit 781! So many people from our box came out last night!

The lovely ladies of CF781!

2012-03-31_1818

M & T & D!

I had every intention of behaving myself and not drinking too much last night—I even told a bunch of people I’d see them at 9:00 AM to do the WOD this morning—but I ended up having such a blast and getting caught up the merriment of the evening, I slugged down more drinks than planned. One of those drinks may or may not have included a Lemon Drop shot.

I definitely overdid it with the booze last night, but I had an awesome time with the CrossFit crew!

P.S. I am never drinking again.

Kelley March 31, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I love the “I’m never drinking again” vow…it’s a sure sign of a great night! But who are we kidding? ;)

Tina March 31, 2012 at 6:57 pm

@Kelley: Haha! I’ve said that so many times overs the years!

Emily @ The Swallow Flies March 31, 2012 at 6:55 pm

What a fun night! I LOVE that last photo! It’s shocking how my vow to never drink again never seems to pan out. Best of luck to you. :)

eliza March 31, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Same.. my best friend is going to Greece for 3 months so we definitely had a great night last night! However, I am definitely paying for it today :( Wah!

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit March 31, 2012 at 7:03 pm

The last pic probably sums it all up perfectly huh? He he. Glad you had a fun night though! Drink some coconut water and you’ll be good as new. :)

Christy March 31, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Love to see you let loose! Sometimes I think that bloggers engage in this behavior and don’t own up to it, so thanks for posting about all your shenanigans! It’s a testament that the 80/20 rule is alive and well. And definitely doesn’t make me feel bad when I’m doing the same thing. :)

kyla March 31, 2012 at 7:14 pm

This is why I love your blog. You show it is perfectly acceptable to live a pretty healthy life while still being an adult and letting loose!

Tequilla shots get me every time. I always vow after those that I am “never doing shots again”!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 31, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Haha you’re so funny. Glad you had a fun night … those tapas may not have been anything special, but they look great!

Jo March 31, 2012 at 7:22 pm

It’s funny– I rarely drink, but I’ve found that my most indulgent nights are those out with the CrossFit crew. Perhaps we create an environment in which we encourage one another to charge head-on, uninhibited, and that carries over outside the box? :)

Carrie March 31, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Ha, I’ve been there. Get lots of water and rest today and you’ll be good as new, eventually!

Lee March 31, 2012 at 7:34 pm

It happens to the best of us!

Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride March 31, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Haha, I swear now that I drink so much less frequently, I find myself getting far more hungover anytime di! I think I have said I’m never drinking again the past 5 times I have gone out drinking. I don’t know how I used to do it in college!

Aylin March 31, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Hilarious

Shirley March 31, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I happened to see your blog post on Foodbuzz and thought, hey, those places sound familiar! This is right in my neighborhood! Thanks, I’d always wondered how food at the Kama Lounge is.

Lauren @ Recipes for a Quarterlife March 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Never say never!

KerriAnn March 31, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I love box nights. We had one last weekend. It was amazing seeing everyone not soaked in sweat! I hardly recognized people!

Cait's Plate March 31, 2012 at 8:04 pm

That looks like such a great time. It’s awesome what a community crossfit gives you!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 31, 2012 at 8:12 pm

What a fun night out!! I like your last picture! lol

Colleen March 31, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Looks and sounds like a great night!

Andrea March 31, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Hahaha! We all do it Tina. It’s so fun when we’re in the moment but not so fun the next day. The worst part is noticing how I don’t rebound like I did at 21! Glad you had a good time last night!

Lily March 31, 2012 at 8:27 pm

So happy you are feeling better!! Looks like you had a blast!! Love that last picture of you and Mal!

Christine March 31, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Ha Ha Ha!! I absolutely LOVE the last picture on this post. It is a classic. I’m jealous of your night out!

Beth March 31, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Best.Photo.Ever. Love it.
    (the last one)

I love nights like that.
    Even if the next day sucks.
    At least you know that tomorrow you will feel a million times better.
    : )

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 31, 2012 at 9:07 pm

haha it looks like an awesome night! If I take a shot… it will be a lemon drop!

Alaina March 31, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Sometimes those nights every once in a while are so worth it. But then in the morning you say “never again.” But that never happens. :-P

Looks like you had a blast!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 31, 2012 at 9:35 pm

It’s always the nights that start out so innocently that end up the most fun but seriously suck the next morning!

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio March 31, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Hahahaha! I love it!

Deb @ wiseupslimdown March 31, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Too funny Tina.

Oh youth! LOL. I find the older I get the less I can drink. 1-2 martinis now and I have to lie down. The first one tastes so good and loosens me up a bit. The second….not so good. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise that I can never handle too much before I felt sick so I don’t have to have too many mornings like that

Serena March 31, 2012 at 9:48 pm

haha I haven’t had a night like that in too dang long!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 31, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Sometime it’s worth it! Loos like you had fun, have a nice Sunday :)

jane March 31, 2012 at 11:49 pm

love love love. my friend and i were just discussing today how many times we have said that over the years. we tried to put a number on it but just couldnt even begin to guess. for me, when red wine is involved i always say it the next am (have you ever had a worse hangover than a red wine hangover? btw i think i might have one tomorrow am :-/

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl April 1, 2012 at 12:06 am

Haha. if i could count the times I’ve said “I’m never drinking again”.

Lemon drops shots… sound yum. will need to try one. I just become accustomed to Irish Car Bombs and signed up for a Mud Run during that time. Which I just ran today. Was a blast. See, sometimes hangovers result in good things. ;)

Amanda @Dogs, Chocolate and Fruits & Veggies April 1, 2012 at 12:28 am

I would LOVE to know the number of times that has been said!

Khushboo April 1, 2012 at 12:55 am

Some hangovers are worth it :)

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama April 1, 2012 at 1:43 am

The last picture pretty much sums it up… love it!
    Hope you are feeling better!

Laura @ She Eats Well April 1, 2012 at 2:17 am

It happens to the best of us. And I may or may not have passed up TWO lemon drop shots tonight….ICK.

Joyce @ jranola Joyce April 1, 2012 at 6:12 am

Pulled pork.

Oh my.
    Soooo good!!

julie @ peanut butter fingers April 1, 2012 at 7:57 am

quitting drinking is easy. i’ve done it a thousand times.

Kim April 1, 2012 at 8:03 am

that last picture is a classic!

Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet April 1, 2012 at 8:30 am

LOL Tina you are a riot! It’s nice to see you kick back and relax! I loved the P.S I’m not drinking again…made my night!

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

Shots always sound like a good idea at the time but I always regret them the morning after. Sounds like you had a blast though!

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves April 1, 2012 at 9:33 am

We had our end of stuff CrossFit party last night, too! Oh, and yesterday morning our box ran a mud run together. Work hard, play hard. :) CrossFitters are the greatist!

Megan April 1, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Looks like a great night! So nice to see you are human, too, and overindulge sometimes!!

Jenni April 2, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Ha! Thank you for being human and not a superhero healthy woman! I was having guilty feelings about my ‘one-too-many’ on saturday, so it’s nice to know even the healthiest imbibe sometimes! But ugh. Those hangovers, nasty nasty stuff.