• Thankful Friday

March 2, 2012

Good morning! Happy Friday!

I’m at the doctor’s office right now for some tests, including a rather uncomfortable flexible sigmoidoscopy, so, needless to say, my morning isn’t off to the best start. I promised myself I wouldn’t let colitis get me down, so I’m taking a page from Ali’s super positive book and blogging about what I am thankful for this morning.

I’m thankful M & m. These two have taken really good care of me over the past several days—cooking, cleaning, snuggling, and making me laugh and smile as much as possible. I love them so much.

I’m thankful I work from home. Colitis flare = frequent trips to the bathroom. Nuff said. Ok, it’s nice to have the pug around for mid-day cuddle sessions too.

2012-03-01_1846

I’m thankful for The Black Key’s song “Lonely Boy.” Every I time I hear it, I want to dance, which usually involves some weird bouncing/knee shaking move that I know looks absolutely ridiculous. When I pick up Murphy to do it with him (pugs love to dance), it’s even more insane. I actually laugh at myself.

I’m thankful for a mild winter. After last year’s Snowmageddon, this winter is like child’s play, and I absolutely love it. I can’t believe I’ve run outside in a short sleeve shirt on more than one occasion.

2012-01-28_1142-637x475

I’m thankful for Gchat, email chains, text messages, and friends who get me. I honestly don’t know where’d be without my blog friends. They support me, give me great advice, and constantly make me laugh. As you know, laughter is the best medicine.

I’m thankful I can afford my medical bills. I know I bitch about my health insurance a lot, but I’m very thankful that I can afford to pay my medical bills. I know there are a lot of people out there who aren’t as fortunate.

I’m thankful for pugs in leg warmers.

il_570xN_301905518

And silly hats. This one doesn’t need explaining, right?

il_570xN_259938798

I’m thankful for the random night at 647 Washington Street when I met my friend, Jen. Nearly 10 years later, it’s still fun to tell the story of how we met. Not surprisingly, it involved booze!

IMG_7231-800x533

I’m thankful for total strangers who want to help me. I honestly cannot thank you guys enough for your support, kind words, funny photos, tweets, recommendations, suggestions, and everything else you have sent my way in recent days. Knowing that there are so many people out there who care about me makes getting through this flare easier.

I’m thankful for this neck warmer thing. I’ve been heating it up in the microwave and putting it on my neck to help me relax before bed each night. It feels nice and helps me fall asleep.

I’m thankful I can count on bananas, peanut butter, and sweet potatoes in my diet. These are three of my most favorite foods ever, so I’m glad that I can still eat them during a flare.

I’m thankful for a Get Well card from my CrossFit family. As cheesy as it may sound, the folks at my box are really like a little family to me. It’s nice to know that they’re thinking about me and want to see me rockin’ the WOD as soon as possible.

It’s your turn! What are you thankful for this morning?

P.S. You still have time to enter my giveaway to win a box of Quaker Whole Hearts cereal! I’m picking 5 winners this afternoon.

Lindsey March 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

To be on holidays :) Hope you feel better soon!

bonnie March 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

I am thankfull for my husband and children. My fulltime job and for homeschooling.

Cheryl @ Happy is the new healthy March 2, 2012 at 10:18 am

I like this post a lot!
    Top three: I’m thankful for blogging (the community, the outlet, the distraction from class ;) ). I’m thankful for yoga (just got the OK from my physiotherapist to start up again after almost two months off). and I’m thankful for my body (and how it IS starting to get better after a crappy injury that ended up teaching me sooo much).

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 2, 2012 at 10:25 am

I’m thankful for my family, my dogs wet nose to give me kisses in the morning, good health(knock on wood), friends, a job, a house to live in, and to be alive! :)

Lena @ Fit on the Rocks March 2, 2012 at 10:36 am

Great job being positive and focusing on the things that are good. Today, I’m thankful for the increasing daylight hours. I can actually run when I get off of work!

Erica March 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Today I’m thankful for :
    1) My parents
    2) Coffee
    3) The support from my boyfriend, family, and friends to go for my dreams.
    I have kind of an unrelated questions, Tina. Do you know of some healthy-living blogs that are written by \ aimed at college students?

Tina March 3, 2012 at 5:59 am
    Hillary October 16, 2012 at 1:29 am

@Tina: Thanks, Tina :)

Sarah@The Flying ONION March 2, 2012 at 10:45 am

What a great post!! So many things to be thankful for. :D

Today, I realized how thankful I am to have a part-time job. I’ve been searching for more work, and I tend to complain at times, but at least I have the money to pay the bills and support myself!

Alex @ Raw Recovery March 2, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m thankful for the overall feeling of peace and I joy I have in my life right now, despite the stress of writing a thesis. I’m also thankful for my great yoga studio, my vitamix, and Whole Foods which all help me feel better on the inside and out.

Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot March 2, 2012 at 10:58 am

Love this post, Tina! What a positive attitude. I bet that just reflecting on what you are thankful for this morning will guide you to having a great day today.
    A few things I am thankful for are coffee, blogging, my family, my friends, a wonderful support system, people who believe in me, quiet mornings, and a healthy lifestyle (in no particular order ;))

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio March 2, 2012 at 11:15 am

I have so much to be thankful for but right this moment I’m so thankful for my fiance, family, and close friends. I’m so thankful that they “get me”.

Hilary March 2, 2012 at 11:17 am

Thankfulness rocks…best way to get out of a funk…way to go! I’m also thankful for the mild winter, and that I get to see a bunch of my university pals this weekend who I haven’t seen in ages!

Jen @Healthy... with a side of ranch March 2, 2012 at 11:19 am

How funny… my blog post yesterday was about this very same thing! Today I am thankful for this beautiful weather! (It’s in the 50s here today!) And paycheck Friday!! :)

Olivia March 2, 2012 at 11:23 am

Pugs are adorable, and I really hope the pug from Men In Black is in the new movie. Every time I see news/trailers etc. for it, I’m like “WILL THE DOG BE BACK? THAT’S ALL I NEED TO KNOW. K THANKS.”

Hope you’re feeling better.

Laura @ She Eats Well March 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

I’m thankful for running and endorphins. And coffee! Sending positive vibes your way! Stomach issues of any kind are absolutely no fun.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

I am thankful for so much! My health, family’s health, my dog, education, friends, and the list could go on! It’s so important for people to realize the wonderful things in their lives.

Laura March 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I just sent that Shrek Pug picture to 5 people. That made my day! I’m really thankful its the weekend! There is a lot going on at work, and much of it is not pleasant, so I’m glad to get away for a couple of days!

Miriam@Bellaspire March 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I think I fall into 2 categories:
    1) The total stranger who wants to help you. You have been in my prayers and I know that your journey is helping others.
    2) The person who adores the Murphy attire- leg warmers? Oh dear God :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 2, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I loved this! Way to stay positive Tina. :)

Today I’m thankful for the weather because it was nice enough to do my first outdoor run of the year!

Katrine March 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Im thankful for this blog! I’m in the midst of an IBS flare and it is nice to know I’m not alone. Missing work is making me feel worse, so thanks for making me laugh with pugs in leg warmers!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 2, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Hang in there Tina! And ommmgshhhh I laughed so hard when I saw M&M!!! Poor Murphy, has no idea that Mal is making his face….:P Have a great day~

ps: I’m thankful for the people I’ve been blessed with. <3

Anne P. March 2, 2012 at 12:57 pm

What a lovely post. I love the pug in legwarmers!

And I’m thankful for blog friends, too. It’s amazing to me how many great, real friends I’ve made through my blog. Including you. :) xoxo

Alex @ Alex Eats Green March 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm

You thought you liked the Lonely Boy song…. now give the VIDEO a look. It’s AMAZING and always makes me happy. Enjoy! Feel better Tina!! XO

Meg March 2, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Feel better soon!!! At least the test is behind you now again! I’m thankful for my hub! If not for him I’d prob. be on the 6pm news for going balistic at work (we work at the same nightmare of a job).

Meghan@themeghamix March 2, 2012 at 2:17 pm

So true about Crossfit boxes! They really know how to take care of their own!

Catherine March 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I adore your humor and positive attitude! I’m thankful that I somehow found this blog and have found tremendous inspiration from it each and every day!
    I’m not thankful that you have Colitis (wahhhh) but I am loving the amount of posts you have been cranking out recently! You are fab!
    Get well soon!

Kathy March 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Oh poor baby. I had a sigmoidoscopy one time years ago. I honestly thought they didn’t do those anymore. It was the worst thing I think I ever had done. I was completely awake and in so much pain. I really feel for you. I hope you feel better real soon. Being sick sucks!

honeywhatscooking March 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm

this is so thoughtful… really nice how you put this together. love how you met your friend. so random.

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Oh. My. Gosh.
    The shrek had and leg warmers are redic. I LOVE THEM!

Kristy March 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm

*dies* That first picture!!

Luv What You Do March 2, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I’m thankful for the health and love of my family and friends!

And making it home safe on a snowy day to spend the evening with my boyfriend!

Deb @ wiseupslimdown March 2, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Thanks for reminding us all to be thankful for the good things in our life.
    I am first and foremost thankful for my rescue dog Sienna. I got her almost 2 years ago and I like to say she rescued me. She brings such joy into my life every single day. Thankful to have found your blog which I really enjoy ;)

Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee March 2, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Get well soon! I am thankful for my health.

TERESA March 3, 2012 at 9:03 am

Have you also heard Black Keys song “Howlin’ for you”? I love this song, this really gets me movin’ and happy. Check it out.
    Well wishes on your health and recovery.

Amber K March 3, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Thank you for the reminder to be thankful, even when life has thrown you for a loop. I’m thankful for good times with family and friends.

Maureen March 4, 2012 at 10:46 am

I love your positive attitude! I am thankful for a husband who kept the house clean while I was a school conference the past 4 days. Coming home & knowing I could relax was the BEST feeling in the world!

Katy @ HaveYouHurd March 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

I’m thankful that I’ve been able to see so many of my family members on my latest trip for work to Georgia!