• Record-High Temps

March 8, 2012

The weather was GEORGOUS here in Boston today! Yay!! I honestly love the unseasonably warm weather. It makes me so happy and so excited for summer.

Apparently, we broke a record high for the day. This afternoon, the temp at Logan Airport hit 68 degrees, which surpassed the previous high. The warmest March 8th on record was set in 1995 at 67 degrees, and records have been kept in Boston since 1872 [source].

Obviously, weather this amazing meant a trip to the dog park with my favorite guys!

Murphy = psyched.

The pug had a frickin’ blast at the park today. So much running! So much playing!

2012-03-08_1650

He was exhausted by the end of our trip.

Mal was too.

Snack

Before we left for the park, I snacked on some sweet potato wedges.

Lunch

For lunch, I met a friend for a last-minute date at The Fat Cat in Quincy Center.

As always The Fat Cat was packed (because this place rules), so there was a wait for a table, but we snagged a couple of seats at the bar.

I ordered the Crab Cakes, which were made with Blue crab, Panko bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, veggies, spices and served with a Cajun Remoulade.

They were excellent—perfectly cooked and seasoned. The Cajun Remoulade was pretty amazing too—rich, thick, and a little spicy. It was the perfect compliment to the crab cakes.

It was fun playing hokey from work this afternoon, but now it’s time to buckle down. Hopefully, I can bust out some serious work in the next few hours!

See ya tomorrow!

Katie March 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm

It was 68 in Chicago yesterday! Such a great surprise for March.

My friend just sent me this website…you might have already heard of it but it’s pretty funny and made me think of Murphy…http://emotipugs.tumblr.com/

Tina March 8, 2012 at 5:49 pm

@Katie: LOL! Love it! Thanks for sharing the link! :)

Katrina @ 'Sota is Sexy March 8, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I am SO jealous! It is bitterly cold here in Minnesota, and I don’t think there’s a restaurant in a 100 mile radius that serves decent crab cakes :)

Melissa @ Journey to Marvelous March 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm

It’s in the 70′s here in California! I’m totally not complaining…love the warm spring weather!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm

it was warm in PA today too but unfortunately by the time i got out of work the clouds were over the sky and the rain was about to start :-( killed my plans for an after school walk with my puppies and husband but it was at least nice to see the sun shining out my office window!

Faith March 8, 2012 at 5:25 pm

It is definitely HOT in Florida, and it’s only going to get hotter. YAY! I’m a hothouse plant – bring on the warmth and the sunshine! (And the cajun remoulade – looks delish!)

Kelly @ Vegolosophy March 8, 2012 at 5:28 pm

The weather was beautiful here today in NYC too!! So amazing that we have had such a mild winter, definitely puts me in a happier mood :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 8, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I’m glad you’ve got such great weather and have the chance to enjoy it! Haha and I can tell Murphy is pretty pumped too! Even though it’s “chilly” here in Chicago (44 – still unseasonably warm!) the sunshine makes me smile! Can’t wait for warmer weather!

Blog is the New Black March 8, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Dying to try the Fat Cat- my fiance is there all the time and I’ve yet to go! Heard their mac & cheese is unreal!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Mal looovveees their Mac & Cheese!

Corrie Anne March 8, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Man! I think we picked the worst winter ever to move to CO. But hopefully it’s going to warm up this weekend!! How fun for you guys though!

Alyssa March 8, 2012 at 5:38 pm

We’ve set quite a bit of records in NY as well. I love it!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 8, 2012 at 5:43 pm

OOohh what a fun day!! I love beautiful weather and being outside with those I love. Have a good evening :)

Anne @strawberryjampackedlife March 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm

We’re in Boston, too! I couldn’t believe that it was 60 degrees when I went to work this morning. We walked the dog at lunch, and she was BESIDE herself! Leaving now to do our long evening walk in the beautiful weather (before the rain comes).

Melanie March 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Yum your food always looks so delicious! Do you eat left over sweet potatoes cold or do you heat them up?

Tina March 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

@Melanie: Both! I heated them up today! :)

Megan @ weddings and workouts March 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Looks like it was a beautiful day :-) Still around 90 degrees in Central Queensland, yuck!

Julie March 8, 2012 at 6:03 pm

wow! that’s even warmer than SF!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm

@Julie: No kidding!?!

Julie March 8, 2012 at 6:59 pm

@Tina: yup! about 60 degrees here today. i definitely can’t complain though…it was in the 70′s over the weekend :) enjoy the nice weather!

Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 8, 2012 at 6:33 pm

That lunch just sparked a serious crabcake craving!!! YUM!

Jennifer March 8, 2012 at 6:41 pm

So warm, but SO windy. I almost fell over!

Carlyn March 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Murphy is so stinkin’ cute!! How do you normally prepare your sweet potato wedges for snacking?

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:14 pm
    Carlyn March 8, 2012 at 7:16 pm

@Tina: DUH! You JUST answered it! Hahaha – sorry (and thank you!)!! :)

kathleen @ the daily crumb March 8, 2012 at 7:13 pm

those crab cakes look fantastic — one of my favorites!

glad you enjoyed some outdoors time… i for one am more than ready for spring :)

Charissa March 8, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I had one of those mornings too…(aside from studying)! Now to work…sigh.

Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 8, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Jealous! It rained all day here! :(

Misty Fogg March 8, 2012 at 7:31 pm

It looks beautiful there! It is about the same weather as it is here in Arizona. Yesterday I had snow flurries and now it is 70 degrees. I hope the weather in Boston doesn’t turn schizo like it did here!

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl March 8, 2012 at 7:58 pm

the weather is really nice here in So. California, too! Lunch looks yummy.
    And I like blocks of time when I can just pound out good work. They say most people put in about 4 hours… and the rest is just not as focused.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 8, 2012 at 8:07 pm

It was insanely gorgeous here in NH, too! We were outside for the majority of the day soaking it all in.

Mmmmm, I’m craving crab cakes now. I haven’t had a really good one since I lived in Virginia 6 years ago. Maybe I need to try the Fat Cat’s?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Man I miss Boston. Your blog makes me miss it more and more every day. I may have to make my way back soon for a visit! ;)

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie March 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I’m visiting Philly for the first time this week, and today was 70 degrees! Back in California, that’s what March weather is normally like. I’m just pretending it’s like that here all the time ;)

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 8, 2012 at 8:22 pm

What a beautiful day!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

My pug got to enjoy the warm weather today too! And was pooped as a result!

Allison March 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Same temperature as Nova Scotia:) Mildest winter we have ever had and it’s amazing!

LeeAnn March 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I have never been a big pug fan, but Murphy is totally converting me. He is hilarious!! He has one of the most expressive faces I have ever seen. And I love how you spoil him! He is so cute!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 8, 2012 at 9:32 pm

We had warm weather today too! It’s been unseasonably warm this winter and I love it. I also love all the pics of Murphy! He’s so cute!!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon March 8, 2012 at 9:53 pm

It was warm here in philly today as well today (my car thermometer hit 70!!) and I also took advantage by going to the park! However, I was not quite as good of a dog owner and selfishly decided to go for a run in the sunshine :)

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 8, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Looks like a fun day! I love when the weather breaks like this. :)

Hilary March 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Yay warm weather…I know it might be bad (that whole global warming deal) but it feels so good!

Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats March 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Murphy is such a lucky dog! It was a little warmer here today as well, (mid 50s) but still overcast. Silly Seattle weather!

RunEatRepeat March 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm

The #2 thing I miss about Maryland are crab cakes :(

Karina Vargas` March 8, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Gorgeous** haha

Jamie@everydaydolce.com March 8, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Those pictures of Murphy are so stinkin’ cute. I am seriously itching to get a pug…they seem so fun! :)

honeywhatscooking March 9, 2012 at 12:23 am

I know… NYC had some crazy warm weather today… I ended up walking like 40 blocks. I’m so excited for the Spring, and the fact that we had a pretty mild winter. Seems like you had a lot of fun with M&M.

Laura @ She Eats Well March 9, 2012 at 1:29 am

This weird warm weather in parts of the US is freaking me out; SF hasn’t had winter yet. I think it’s decided to skip it. Murphy has a good life, indeed.

Khushboo March 9, 2012 at 2:05 am

Love unexpected great weather- such a mood booster!

Amanda @ Simply Southern March 9, 2012 at 6:35 am

I’m so jealous! It was cold and windy and rainy down here. But ya’ll get your fair share of all that so it’s good to have a break! I am so happy to see you feeling better! I was in B&N yesterday and saw your book right on the end cap! By the way those crap cakes look delicious! I have been craving some for a while now, I should make some next week!

Coco March 9, 2012 at 8:59 am

OMG I al so ready for it to be like that every day.. it was so beautiful.. I’m not sure if we broke the record here in RI but it was beautiful and such a treat!

Mandy March 9, 2012 at 9:21 am

Obsessed with that picture of Mal and Murph sleeping on the couch!

Alaina March 9, 2012 at 11:02 am

I loved the weather the other day! I went out for a run, then walked through Central and Harvard Square. So nice!

Cate March 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm

We’ve been pretty lucky this winter in Boston, huh? Next week we’ll have weather in the upper 60s and lower 70s again!