• Pin It! Treadmill Workouts

March 7, 2012

It took me a little while to get into the whole Pinterest thing (I mean, another social media time-suck?!), but now I like it. It’s a lot of fun. With that said, here are some of my favorite treadmill workouts for you to pin! Enjoy!

20-Minute Tabata Workout

2012-01-18_1500

25-minute Treadmill Run (2.8 miles)

2012-02-21_0829

35-minute Treadmill Run (3.25 miles)

2012-02-10_1525

40-minute Treadmill Run (3.85 miles)

2012-02-01_1822

40-minute Treadmill Run – Intervals & Inclines (4.4 miles)

2011-12-15_1025

45-Minute Treadmill Run (5 miles)

2011-03-16_1342

45-minute Treadmill Run (5.2 miles)

2012-02-21_0927

55-Minute Treadmill Run (6 miles)

2012-01-20_1458

5k Challenge

5K Challenge

10k Challenge

2012-02-03_1428

Lunch

Today’s lunch was scrambled eggs, spinach, and Parmesan in a whole wheat wrap.

Followed by a couple of Almond Butter Balls. I love these things.

Snack

And, a few hours later, I snacked on a Wallaby vanilla yogurt.

Mal and I have a fun date night planned this evening! I can’t wait!

Enjoy the night, friends!

Katrina @ 'Sota is Sexy March 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I’ve done Tabata with strength training, but never knew you could do it on the treadmill, too. How cool!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:50 am

@Katrina @ ‘Sota is Sexy: Yep! It’s a serious workout too! :)

Olivia March 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Oooh date night. Have fun! My bf gets back home tomorrow night – and it’s the last day of classes for my school week! YAY.

Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 7, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Yesss thank you for these pins…. exactly what I needed right now! :)

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl March 7, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Thanks for the treadmill workouts. I want that recipe for the Almond Butter Balls. Heard its coming out soon. Patiently waiting…

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 7, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I’ve had pinterest for awhile but I just can’t get into it.. maybe I just need to spend awhile playing around on the site?

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:51 am

@Lindsay @ Running the Windy City: Yea, it took me awhile to figure out the point of it, ya know? Now, I use it for fitness motivation and organizing my workouts.

Heidi @ Idlehide March 7, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I’m looking forward to the recipe for the almond butter balls! Enjoy your date night:)

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 7, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Thanks for the workouts! I love pinterest as well as tabata workouts! Those almond balls look delicious! :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm

i’m loving all of these new treadmill workouts!! now i can’t decide which one to try out first… hmmm.
    ahh you keep teasing us with those almond butter balls… ;) looking forward to the recipe!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:51 am

@Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries: Sorry! I promise it’s worth the wait! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 7, 2012 at 6:04 pm

oh a date night sounds fun, have a great time! And I love pinterest for workouts!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona March 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Your scrambled egg wrap looks really really good! I might have to steal your idea.

jamie@everydaydolce.com March 7, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Love the pinterest workouts! I am a sucker for social media time sucks too ;)

Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I was resistant to Pinterest at first, but I love it!

Megan @ weddings and workouts March 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I also can’t wait for the Almond Butter Balls recipe :-)

Thanks for the pins, I lurve Pinterest.

I had to giggle at your yoghurt packaging, as it looks Aussie but I’ve never seen them here! Too bad because I bet its delish.

Leah March 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm

When you say “rest”–what do you mean? I’m looking at the Tabata workout specifically. That looks like something I could do!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:51 am

@Leah: Rest = stop running! :)

Tara March 7, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Have you tried the “Food For life” breads or wraps? They are gluten-free, but still taste pretty good. I like the “China black rice” bread with olive oil, eggs, jam or whatever.

I haven’t tried the Food For Life brown rice tortillas…but they look like they’d be good for wraps or a quick pizza idea.

Alex March 7, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Keep the pin-able workouts coming!

Michelle (Better with Berries) March 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Love using pinterest to find workouts! It makes it so easy to keep mixing things up.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm

I jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon recently, too. It is another time sucker but it is fun. I’m amazed at how fast people re-pin your pins. Thanks for the TM ideas. Always looking for ways to jazz it up!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm

What is Tabata??
    Oh Pinterest… I was reluctant at first but I am ADDICTED now!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:52 am
    Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) March 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks for the great treadmill workouts! Have a fun time tonight!

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I love pinterst for treadmill workouts since I get really bored and like to vary my speeds a lot. I have also just got into it in the last week. It is going to result in lots of treadmill runs but lots of dessert cooking too!

Kelly @ Vegolosophy March 7, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Those almond butterballs look super good!!! Love the treadmill workouts too, thanks!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Great treadmill workouts! I really, really want a treadmill! I’m stuck with outside jogging! :(

Serena March 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I’m so glad the weathers getting better and I can move from the treadmill to the running paths, but these r great ithe meantime.

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 7, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Pintrest is so amazing! Hope you have been feeling better.

Samantha March 7, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Hi Tina,
    Would love to know your thoughts on this very interesting post from Naomi, a certified personal trainer at One Fit Foodie:

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:58 am

@Samantha: I think she has a lot of great points, and she’s right about some of the people who do CrossFit. They have terrible form, don’t care about being educated, and like the idea of not being able to walk the next day because they’re so sore. But, in my experience with CF, it all depends on the individual and the box they belong to. I’ve had an amazing experience at my CF. My coaches are ON us about proper form, and we spend a portion of EVERY class practicing form before we even pick up the weights. And while our coaches want to challenge us during the workouts, they don’t want to kill us either. CrossFit gets a bad rap because of boneheads like Naomi mentions in her post, but it’s not all bad. I see SO MUCH good in it, which is why I enjoy it so much.

Anna, Fitscally Responsible March 7, 2012 at 10:51 pm

These are all great – I will have to check them out! I just did a killer one last night that Peanut Butter Fingers had on her blog.

I nominated you for Kreativ Blogger! I’m sure you get this all the time, but I love your blog so I couldn’t resist!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:58 am
    Khushboo March 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Great workouts! I wish the treadmills at my gym had speed buttons- it would make interval training so much easier instead of constantly pressing the arrows!

Katie @ Creature of Habit March 7, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Wonderful pins. I’m always looking for a way to spice up the treadmill.

I started my Pintrest to help me plan my wedding but all I ever look at is the Fitness page now. There is just so much wonderful and inspirational content that kicks my butt into gear for the day’s workout.

Tina March 8, 2012 at 5:44 pm

@Katie @ Creature of Habit: Same here! I made a Fitness page that always motivates me!

Laura @ She Eats Well March 7, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Um…love Murphy’s face in the background of the almond butter ball pic. Ha ha.

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva March 8, 2012 at 4:53 am

yay thanks for the cardio motivation! always looking for some good treadmill work. p.s. Love the wallaby yoghurt…much love from Australia :)

Erika - The Teenage Taste March 8, 2012 at 7:00 am

I loooooove Pinterest – maybe a little too much? I spend a little too much time on there, but hey, now at least I have all my recipes, workouts, etc. organized in one place! ;-)

Cassandra Bishop March 8, 2012 at 7:43 am

Thanks for the post! I was just looking around online for some treadmill workouts and wasn’t having luck finding what I was looking for. This is perfect!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 7:59 am
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 8, 2012 at 7:51 am

Those almond butter balls look yummy! Perfect for a snack :)

Laura Dickerson March 8, 2012 at 9:55 am

I pinned almost all of them!! I gave you credit, no worries, because they’re awesome! Thanks for sharing your workouts; they keep me going to the gym.

Tina March 8, 2012 at 5:42 pm

@Laura Dickerson: Yay! Hope you love ‘em! :)

Beth March 8, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Hi Tina. I love your treadmill workouts but I struggle with changing the speed on the treadmill. By the time I push the up/down arrows to get the speed to the next interval speed the interval is almost over. Do you use a treadmill that you can program ahead of time? Any tips? Thanks!

Tina March 8, 2012 at 5:44 pm

@Beth: I just change them manually by typing the number on the keypad, but for the Tabata workout or the workouts with really short rest intervals, I just jump off and put my feet on the sides of the treadmill while the treadmill continues to run, and then carefully jump back on.

Caitlin March 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I just pinned one of the above treadmill workouts, and I’ve had 25 people repin it so far –in like 15 minutes! Can’t wait to try it out :)

ErikaMC March 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I can’t find the recipe for the Almond Butter Balls. Can you give me a direct link to it?

Tina March 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm

It’ll be on the Pretzel Crisps blog soon. I’ll definitely let you guys know! :)

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie March 8, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Thanks so much for doing this post! I totally was looking for some of your treadmill quickie workouts the other day :)

Lenna@lennalivinglight.blogspot.com March 9, 2012 at 3:03 am

Thanks for those workouts – though I can never do the same spring speed as you – try as I may and as short as those intervals are. Short legs.
    I’m hiding from pinterest – it seems like it’s going to be another HUGE time zap and make me more covetous than I already am! I wonder how many sites we’ll all be signed up for 20 years from now. Nuts

Christopher March 12, 2012 at 1:38 am

Finally I found a structured treadmill workout that suites my running routine. Thanks.

Judy May 14, 2012 at 12:43 am

I teach Tabata on spin bikes—decided to try it on the treadmill-during the rest phase how do you slow down or stop completely then get back to a kick butt pace within 10 seconds? Takes time for to slow down or stop completely ( pause) then get back to 9+mph.

Jolie January 24, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Hi! I love your blog! I am looking at the workouts and in the first one for the 15:00-15:30 x7, what does that mean? I am a little confused and I looked forward to doing this tomorrow. Thanks for your reply!

Tina January 25, 2013 at 7:26 am

@Jolie: You repeat the interval 15:00 – 15:30 (run at 9.5 and then rest) 7 times.