• More Happiness

March 22, 2012

Hello! :mrgreen:

Here’s another happy post for ya! In the past 24 hours, these three things put the biggest smile on my face. I hope they bring you some happiness, too!

For the Pug Lovers

OMG, pug puppies. I just can’t. The cuteness in this video is overwhelming. All I have to say is pug puppies are the cutest! Thanks for sending me this video, Nick!

One of These Things Is Not Like The Others

Draw Something Free

Draw Something Free is the best game. It provided hours of entertainment and insane amounts of laughter for Mal and me last night. We were almost peeing our pants we were laughing so hard!

To play, you get a choice of three words and then you draw the word you pick on your iPhone. The person you’re playing against then guesses what it is, but (this is the best part) you get to watch, via replay on your iPhone, how the other person created their drawing, which Mal and I thought was especially hilarious.

Ok, maybe we’re are 5 years old, but we find this type of stuff really funny.

2k Row

At CrossFit last night, I achieved a new PR on my 2k row! 8:29! Woohoo! My previous row time was just over 9 minutes, so I’ve made some progress. I also didn’t feel like death when I was rowing, so I think I’m getting the hang of it!

Dinner

We were supposed to have Mexican Turkey Burgers for dinner last night, but when I got to Whole Foods yesterday, I bought a chicken breast and deli ham, and the turkey burgers never even crossed my mind. (We shop at two different stores each week.) Oops! So much for this week’s meal plan. I guess we’ll have Mexican Turkey Burgers for dinner next week.

On the menu: salad with grilled chicken, truffle oil, and balsamic vinegar.

For dessert: a couple of handfuls of butterscotch morsels. Mmm!

Be back soon with breakfast and NRT stuff!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 22, 2012 at 7:46 am

I am obsessed with draw something right now! Unfortunately not a lot of my friends are playing! it needs to catch on more quickly!

jana @ newly wife healthy life March 22, 2012 at 7:51 am

I have heard that draw something is hilarious! I love silly games like that and think it is definitely a game that I would really like. Now I just have to give it a try! :-) Great job on your rows Tina!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 22, 2012 at 8:03 am

LOVE the video! One of my friends is selling baby pugs right now. I can’t even stand seeing the cuteness on facebook!

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 22, 2012 at 8:06 am

Hahaha best way to start my Thursday…. Pug puppies!!!! I want to swueeze them, so freaking cute!!!

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 22, 2012 at 8:06 am

I keep hearing so many people talk about draw something! I haven’t gotten into yet. It looks like fun :)

Khushboo Thadani March 22, 2012 at 8:10 am

My friend just introduced me to Draw Something Free and you’re right about it being addictive…I gotta say, drawing P. Diddy isn’t the easiest!

Peggi Konvicka March 22, 2012 at 8:19 am

Just put this on my phone. We need to play sometime…look for me under “pegmyster”……not easy either. Love the pug video too – sooo cute!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas March 22, 2012 at 8:25 am

How cute are the pugs! I love Draw Something… but I go through highs and lows… where I want to play allthe time and get angry when people take to long… to being the person that never plays and likely pisses other people off!

Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air March 22, 2012 at 8:28 am

I’ll have to check out Draw Something, it looks totally fun! I love Words with Friends, but this looks like a good break from that

Amanda March 22, 2012 at 8:28 am

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve scrapped a dinner menu that was planned for a snap decision about what sounded better or easier once I was in the kitchen.

Jennifer March 22, 2012 at 8:36 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one who eats chocolate chips out of the bag :)

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio March 22, 2012 at 8:40 am

Adorable puppies!! Have a great day today!

Life's a Bowl March 22, 2012 at 8:40 am

I downloaded Draw Something last week and I’m addicted! SO FUN[NY] :P Although, I have noticed after “upgrading” there are more words, less repeats, in the $.99 version…

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh March 22, 2012 at 8:44 am

I love the pug video! So cute!

Steffany March 22, 2012 at 8:47 am

Draw Something is TOTALLY awesome !! I am playing like 15 of my friends/family members right now !! hahaha SO MUCH FUN.

Jessica H. March 22, 2012 at 8:53 am

I have Draw Something Free on my android phone. I absolutely love it and it is hilarious. People definitely have some interesting ways to show how something should look :)

Sana March 22, 2012 at 8:55 am

I wonder if I can get draw something on my driod? I need to be obsessed like everyone else!

Jessica March 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

I cant keep butterscotch chips in the house. One small handful turns into two, and before I know it, I have eaten a whole bag in three days. Ugh.

Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

That game looks soo fun! Do you know if they make it for the iPad? I don’t have a smart phone but would love to still play it!

Thanks for sharing:)

kathleen @ the daily crumb March 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

congrats on the row!! and your dinner looks delish :) butterscotch chips are my fave!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 22, 2012 at 9:49 am

I looovvve butterscotch chips in almost any cookie. YUMM.

Nice job on your PR!!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 22, 2012 at 9:56 am

Mexican Turkey Burgers sound delicious, but sometimes my body will crave something the instant i see it at the store and I just have to go with it…i.e. crab cakes we found at the market this weekend that looked out of this world! they were so I am really glad we switched it up from the chicken we had planned :-)
    hope you have another very happy day!

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life March 22, 2012 at 10:05 am

I LOVE draw something! I just played a game a few minutes ago. I got my friend into it and we played something like 20 rounds sitting right next to each other. Quality entertainment right there! I wish the words didn’t repeat so often though…

katie @ KatieDid March 22, 2012 at 10:18 am

great job on the row! It’s a tough thing to figure out how to get faster for me.

Niki@justrunninwithit March 22, 2012 at 10:28 am

I love draw something too! It’s hilarious watching the other person draw the picture! Good job on the PR!

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 22, 2012 at 10:48 am

That pug video is so cute, it definitely put a smile on my face :)

Kel March 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

That video was adorable!!!

Ash Bear March 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Little known fact about me- I was a rower in high school! Therefore, I LOVE seeing this note about your 2k time! I grew a hatred for the erg after many indoor erg competitions and more. Therefore, I avoid it like the plague but have recently hopped back on for the first time in almost 6 years! My goal is to get back down to my HS range of a 7:45 2k!

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie March 22, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Between salts and oils, I’m dying to dry all your truffle goodies :)

Dani March 23, 2012 at 12:36 am

Congrats on your row! We did rowing sprints this week and I wanted to die! But I didn’t. Ha! It definitely gets better.

Stacey @ Here's to Life March 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Love the pug puppy video! What a sweet little pup!! Thanks for sharing!