• CNC Meal Plan: Week of March 25

March 25, 2012

Happy Sunday, friends!

I got my act together bright and early yesterday morning. I meal planned and went grocery shopping all before 10:00 AM. Booyah. It was nice to get it out of the way early in the weekend. (FYI: I blogged about what I bought over on Trading Up Downtown.)

2012-03-11_0815

Here’s this week’s meal plan and shopping list!

Sunday: Mexican Turkey Burgers and Mashed Potatoes with Brown Butter and Sage

• Butterscotch chips
    • Ground turkey
    • Greek yogurt
    • Tortillas
    • Canned black beans
    • Shredded cheese

*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. It’s just what we needed and includes items for other meals and snacks (not just dinners).

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh March 25, 2012 at 9:47 am

Ooh now you have me wanting to make my chicken cordon bleu burgers and I think I’ve got everything on hand for those! Those mashed potatoes of yours are in my future!

Enjoy your Sunday!

chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 25, 2012 at 9:51 am

looks like a delicious week ahead!!

Manasi March 25, 2012 at 9:53 am

Hi Tina,
    I was just wondering why you buy gluten-free bread as opposed to the regular kind?

Thanks,
    Manasi

Tina March 25, 2012 at 10:03 am

I went to a NRT doctor last week, who thought I might have a gluten sensitivity, so I’m trying to remove it from my diet. I’m also thinking about trying the Carbohydrate Specific Diet to help with my colitis symptoms.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 25, 2012 at 10:13 am

I already went grocery shopping this morning, too! And after watching “Forks over Knives” and “Food Inc” within the last week, my grocery shopping experience was much different than usually haha! ;)

Holly @ Healthy Living Holly March 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

those meals sound so yummy! i really like the “feed me, meal planning 101″ sheets you have. that would make things so simple!

Khushboo March 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

Sounds like a delicious week…something I sure would want to stick to :)

Life's a Bowl March 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

I just planned our meals and made a list! Not out and back by 10AM but have been productive around the apartment… Happy Sunday!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 25, 2012 at 10:29 am

I need to get on this train. I am all over the place lately.

Meg @ Spandex in the City March 25, 2012 at 10:43 am

I Need to try that Chicken noodle in Peanut sauce ! Sounds so delish.
    I was wondering where you do your grocery shopping, do you often go to Trader Joes?

Tina March 25, 2012 at 10:48 am

We do our shopping at Whole Foods (meat and hard-to-find products) and Shop & Shop (everything else).

Molly@RDexposed March 25, 2012 at 10:43 am

I always feel so much better when meal planning and grocery shopping is done for the week! I did mine a day earlier than usual and am thankin myself for it.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 25, 2012 at 10:55 am

Mmmm love soba noodles!

Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 25, 2012 at 10:59 am

Isn’t it so great to get all that out of the way first thing in the morning? I love meal planning, but I loathe going to the grocery store (especially on Sundays when it is super crowded), so I always end up procrastinating which obviously just makes it worse! Good for you! :)

kitchenbelle March 25, 2012 at 11:19 am

I love that you are sharing your meal plans, Tina. It is good inspiration when I am stumped for ideas!

GreenGirlRunning March 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I love getting my week of meals planned at the beginning of the week too! But no matter how hard I try to do only one grocery shopping trip, it inevitably turns into two or three throughout the week!

j3nn March 25, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Wow, all before 10:00am! That is impressive. Your upcoming menu sounds yummy. I love pizza bagels!!

Amy @Health Hungry March 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I had a productive Sunday too – they are my favorite! I’m jealous of your Friday and Saturday meals out… especially the “with friends” part. Do you meet couples at this point in your life? Something has changed in my thirties and it’s super hard to meet new people. Thank goodness for Meatball and Graham :) (My pug and boyfriend – Graham is the boyfriend, HA!)

Tina March 25, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Yea, I guess we do! We’ve met good friends through CrossFit and running (TNT).

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 25, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Sounds like a great week of food ahead! I love the bagel pizza idea. :D

Eva @TheHealthyParty March 25, 2012 at 6:55 pm

wow Impressive morning! I havent left the house yet ;/
    I like that food planning Journal!

Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 25, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Looks all delicious! Where do you buy all your groceries?

Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet March 25, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Those mashed potatoes sound delish!!! I might have to try that this week :)

Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl March 26, 2012 at 7:58 am

Meal planning is a lifesaver in our house! It’s such a good way to plan ahead, save money and also conjure up tasty dishes together :)

Then my boyfriend and I ride our rickety bicycles to the grocery store (we live in Amsterdam) and pick up everything in one swoop. This weekend it was sunny out which was a big plus!! But regardless I actually love this Sunday chore…

Emily March 26, 2012 at 8:29 am

Now that my kitchen is back (and BEAUTIFUL!) I am ready to be back to cooking. I cannot wait to grocery shop today! (I don’t think I have EVER said that before!)