• Ate Berries In The Canaries

March 23, 2012

Hi, friends!

I just need to say: I AM SO HAPPY IT’S FRIDAY!!! Yay! Fun times ahead this weekend!

Lunch

GREAT lunch today!

I had a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger with buffalo sauce.

A juicy orange.

And edamame. Nutritious and delicious all around!

After lunch, I spent the next hour or so resizing (or deleting) photos from my blog. Just another reminder to resize your photos! Otherwise, they will slow down your blog and/or you’ll have to pay a fortune for bandwidth/hosting!

After lunch, I headed to Oasis Day Spa to cash in a gift card for a manicure. My nails finally grew a little (I generally like ‘em short), so I decided to get them done up all nice today.

My color of choice: OPI Ate Berries In The Canaries. Weirdest nail polish color name ever? I think so. Pretty though, right?

Snack

After my manicure, I snacked on an English muffin with peanut butter. A Marylou’s iced coffee also might be in my near future.

Now, I’m headed to the dog park with Mal and Murphy and then to CrossFit. Unfortunately, I think there’s a high probability that I will destroy my manicure at both of these places. Oh, well.

Happy weekend, friends!

Mattie @ Comfy and Confident March 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I have been dying to get a manicure lately, but have just been too lazy (and cheap) to go get it done.
    You seem very happy in this post, you must really be enjoying the weather or have fabulous weekend plans, or both!!?? I am headed to VT to sneak in some skiing before the mountains close and the snow is completely gone.

Lu March 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Pick up Essie’s No Chips Ahead. It’s amazing stuff that will keep your manicure in better shape. I guess I’ll have to check out Oasis when we finally move to Boston this summer. :)

Kelly @ Vegolosophy March 23, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Loving the nail polish color!!! Have fun at the dog-park! :)

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Ooooh LOVE that polish color! I’d totally do that one too :) It is a weird name though…..

Have fun tonight!

clare @ fittingitallin March 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Tina – Question on the photo resizing since I’ve been having some hosting issues lately. I don’t have Livewriting (mac person) so I’m not quite sure what you mean. Just make them smaller in wordpress? Or completely save them in Iphoto smaller?

Tina March 24, 2012 at 6:51 am

@clare @ fittingitallin: If you click on the post I linked to, there’s a little tutorial how to resize your pics. I resize my pics (in my photo program) before I put them into my blogging software (WLW). Basically, since you’re using them on a blog/website, you don’t need the quality to be super good, so you can resize them, which saves you some load time and bandwidth. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Clare @ Fitting It All In March 24, 2012 at 9:17 am

@Tina: Thanks Tina!!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

haha i always do my own nails because I always manage to destroy them instantly! I love the color though!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves March 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Are you doing 12.5 tonight? I can’t wait to hear about it.

Tina March 24, 2012 at 6:52 am

@Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves: I’m not. Sadly, I can’t do pull-ups. Did you do it?

Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real March 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm

One of the reasons I never to bother getting a manicure is that it chips within a day! I love a good pedicure though and will gladly indulge on a trip to the spa to have pretty toes for a few weeks.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I got my nails and toes done today too! I love the polish, but I honestly love getting all the cuticles treated more than the polish!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 23, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I think all OPI colors have weird names, but they hold up pretty well and always have cool shades. The diamond dust collection is my fave!

Traci March 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I’m so hesitant to get manicures because I always manage to chip the paint within 5 minutes of getting my nails done. Maybe I should try shellac? Pretty color though! Random, but I think I’ve heard there is actually a place called the Canary Islands, so maybe they have berries there?! haha

Marianne March 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hi. I just discovered your website/blog from Pinterest. Your recipes look delish. I’m following a gluten free, (grain free) as much as I can, sugar free, etc..Paleo way of life and am loving your recipes. I look forward to checking out your site a little more. My parents have Pug too, so I love your photos of your little guy.
    Have a wonderful day
    Marianne

jackie March 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

i was just at oasis AND the dog park yesterday what a small world!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Yay for weekends with beautiful weather!! Hope you have a great one! :)

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Thanks for the reminder I need to cash in a gift certificate for a mani/pedi. My nails look horrendous thanks to washing my hands 300,000 times a day at work. Plus, my poor little running feet could use a nice scrub and buff!

Justine Duppong @ Life With Cheeseburgers March 23, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I just posted a bunch of photos on my site today (just had too many cute ones from my “cheeseburger” cookie project I did with my little nephews!: http://lifewithcheeseburgers.com/2012/03/23/cheeseburger-cookies-perfect-kid-project/)…so the whole space thing is something I’ve been thinking about lately too! Arrgh…

Corrie Anne March 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Ooo… today just feels like the perfect day for a manicure. and I love that color!! beautiful!!! have fun!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 23, 2012 at 3:39 pm

ha! that is quite the strange name for a nail polish color, but you’re right, it’s super pretty! perfect for spring! enjoy your friday evening!

Lauren March 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I just got a manicure yesterday and it was so nice. On a separate note, I just arrived in Boston and I already love it! Gorgeous! :) Now I see why you love running here so much.

Lauren B. March 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Your wedding rings are so pretty.

Eva @The Healthy Party March 23, 2012 at 4:23 pm

LOVE Dr. Praegers veggie burgers! I think its one of the best ones you can buy cause all the others are so processed and full of weird stuff! Your rings look beautiful! :)

Jennifer March 23, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Annnnd now I’m craving an orange :) And a manicure

Melanie @ Beautifullynutty.com March 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Aw, your nails look BEAUTIFUL. I should really go paint my toe nails; my feet are in no shape for flip flops. Yikes. Enjoy your weekend!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Yay for Friday! Pretty nail color… OPI is great!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) March 23, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Are the Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers your favorite brand? I have tried several but never Dr. Praeger’s. Usually Amy’s, Gardenburger, etc.

Tina March 24, 2012 at 6:53 am
    Taylor @ Nuts for Apples March 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I just started up my blog…what do you recommend resizing the photos too?

Erika March 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Love the nails and LOVE Dr Praegers. It’s a staple in our house, especially since it’s a great way to get my daughter to eat her veggies. Never tried it with buffalo sauce though…hmmm.

Laura @ She Eats Well March 23, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Love the hot pink color! My nails don’t grow very well…nail envy! Have fun outside with the pug and enjoy the sunshine!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) March 23, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Great polish color…weird name! Most of OPI’s names are funny…I wonder whose job it is to name them!?!

Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 23, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up about the pictures!

I love all the OPI names!

Kelley March 23, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Tina – I’m having Murphy withdraw. I miss seeing photos of the little man. Not that your nail polish color and name isn’t to die for – it is! But for a while, you were posting cute pics of Murphy almost daily and my husband and I logged in every day to see what he was up to. LOL

Mindy - clueless nut March 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm

If nail polish lasts on my nails for more than 2 days then I am doing good. It never fails- I’m always rocking the chipped nail polish look.

cindy March 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Just out of curiousity, do you have Photoshop? If so, you can create an action to resize all of your photos for you. No sitting all day clicking away! Shoot me an email if you have Photoshop and need tips! :)

Tina March 24, 2012 at 6:54 am

@cindy: I don’t, but The program I use has the same option, so it takes just seconds to resize my pics! :)

Krystina (Krystina Zena) March 23, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I think the name of the polish is cute and it makes sense. It’s a tropical, more neon berry color. Hence, eating berries in the Canary Islands.

Brittany March 23, 2012 at 10:46 pm

A lot of my photos weren’t resized when I first started blogging and it’s really annoying now because those pages load soooo slowly. I’m trying to go back through old posts and remake recipes so I can update the photos – with a smaller image and one that looks better. It’s going to be a long process!!

Happy Friday!

Deb @ wiseupslimdown March 23, 2012 at 10:55 pm

You have small nail beds like me. Actually mine are even smaller. Your mani looks nice.

I just love Dr. Praeger’s products. Love the veggie burgers but can’t eat them often because they are processed in a facility that also processes wheat but they told me their sweet potato one is completely gluten free so meaning to try that.

Hey Taylor- love your blog name!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 24, 2012 at 1:08 am

Thanks for the heads up about re-sizing photo’s I think I make mine way to big!! Looks like a fund day and Happy Friday!!!

Khushboo Thadani March 24, 2012 at 2:04 am

I loove getting manicures but I am always so stressed out on the first day about chipping a nail hehe!

Nicola March 24, 2012 at 6:33 am

I did a post about apple cider vinegar a few months back. I love it!

Monica March 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

I love Dr. Praeger’s!! I just discovered it last month–I’m pretty much obsessed now.

Nail polish color is pretty too! My nails are looking pretty shabby lately I might have to find that color!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 24, 2012 at 7:40 am

I always ruin my manicures the day I get them! That’s why I’ve given up on manis and just go for pedis these days. :P

Britt March 24, 2012 at 11:35 am

Its “ate berries in the canaries” like the canary islands… Ate berries there… Duh.

Tina March 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Yep, I knew that! It’s still a weird name for a nail polish color! :)

nicole March 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Cute color on the nails. So summery/spring. Its already summer weather here in Florida, so I just painted my toe nails that color the other day! If you don’t mind me asking what does an edamame taste like? Never heard of it.

Tina March 24, 2012 at 12:19 pm

@nicole: Edamame is just a fancy name for soy beans! :)

nicole March 24, 2012 at 12:31 pm

@Tina: lol oh gosh now I feel so stupid. Oh well atleast I know now. Thanks Tina!

Cathy R March 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Great nail color! If you think that’s a weird name, how ’bout this: I had a pedicure, and decided to try an abnormal color, so I chose a dark green. (What was I thinking?) The name? OPI’s ‘Oh no! roll Down the Windows!”