• I Bet You Didn’t Know II

February 7, 2012

Almost two years ago, I wrote a post called I Bet You Didn’t Know where I told you guys some things about myself that I didn’t think you knew. It was a fun post, so I decided to bring in back this morning.

I bet you didn’t know…

I’m weirdly obsessed with having cleans sheets on our bed. This, of course, is somewhat problematic when a dog sleeps in it almost every night. I just don’t sleep well if I think the sheets are dirty, so I’m constantly changing them. Usually, twice a week.

IMG_3576

I use Old Spice deodorant. A few years ago, I borrowed Mal’s Old Spice deodorant, and I’ve used it ever since. Obviously, it works well and keeps me dry, but what got me hooked is that it actually “goes on clear” unlike those women’s antiperspirants that claim they do. You can wear a black tank top and apply this stuff liberally!

0001204434220_300X300

I won’t do a triathlon. I’m always looking for a new fitness challenge, but it won’t be a triathlon. I’m afraid of open water and can’t swim very well, so I have no desire to do one anytime soon.

2012-02-07_0831

I’ve seen over twenty Dave Matthews Band concerts. My friends and I were sort of obsessed with DMB in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, so we went to a lot of shows. During my freshman year of college, we even traveled all over the East coast following the band around on tour. I actually met Dave Matthews after a show in Philly.

2012-02-07_0830

I was in a sorority. I wasn’t planning to rush a sorority at all (come on, me in a sorority… um, no thanks), but my freshman year roommate wanted to, so she paid for my registration so I’d go with her. It turns out sorority girls are actually nice and down-to-earth and not big bitches like I thought they’d be! Haha! FYI: I’m a Gamma Phi Beta.

n1603404_36779394_3006414

Breakfast

For breakfast, I rocked the “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats, but instead of using a ripe banana, I added 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries. It turned out pretty well, but the banana definitely makes it more creamy. I also added two scoops of almond butter to the mix.

And drank a glass of  iced coffee with soy milk.

What are some of your “I Bet You Didn’t Knows”?

P.S. Remember that cool BOSU Ballast Ball giveaway that I hosted last week? Well, OpenSky is offering a deal on them today!

Tee @ She Writes, Bites, and Window Shops February 7, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I was in Gamma Phi Beta too! So funny! And I was also not planning to rush – but a girl that lived next door talked me into it (now one of my best friends) and the girls were so down to earth and awesome I just did it. And I ended up being President for a year! One of the best decisions I ever made!

Tina February 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Yay for GPB! :)

Julia February 8, 2012 at 12:55 am

Yay for Gphis!

Tricia February 7, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Your “oatless oatmeal” minus the banana looks like cream of wheat!

Life's a Bowl February 7, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I almost was a GPhiB! Where did you go to college?! I wasn’t planning on going through recruitment either but it was a great way for me to meet new people after transferring to a new school sophomore year….

My “I bet you didn’t know about me”… My best friend throughout elementary school [and still my BFF] and I were called “the twin towers” because we were so much taller than all of the other students!

Lauren February 7, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I met Dave too!!! And I’m still obsessed with him. Have you tried his wine yet? It’s incredible.

Tina February 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I haven’t, but I’ve seen it in stores. I’m glad to know it’s good!

Becca @ Blueberry Smiles February 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I would LOVE clean sheets twice a week. But sadly, without a washer and dryer in my apartment, I don’t have the laundry patience.

kathleen @ the daily crumb February 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm

men’s deodorant is far superior to women’s! i’m always stealing the hubby’s!

Christine (The Raw Project) February 7, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Too funny on Old Spice and your breakfast sounds wonderful.

For me, I’ve been meaning to get into yoga for years, but am afraid it’s not a great workout on my limited workout schedule.

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Love this post! :) I wish that I liked mushy banana’s, but I will definitely try the blueberries! I love clean sheets, and have to change them at least once a week.

It would surprise you to know that I can’t leave the house without making my bed or sweeping the floor. Lame I know. :)

Kathy February 7, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Love that you’re a Gamma Phi! I was a Gamma Phi at BU – yay Boston!

Tina February 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Yay! :)

lauren February 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I used to wear Old Spice, that blue gel is great! I’m not a big fan of the open water either. I learned how to swim when I was 3 or 4, but at some point I reverted back to my doggie paddle ways.

Hmm…I bet you didn’t know I can do a headstand. I started doing them in acrobats as a kid and I’ve been doing them ever since.

Deirdre @ Oh Well Whatever February 7, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I totally agree about the open water swimming thing, no thank you!

jamie@everydaydolce February 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I use my husband’s Old Spice sometimes, it does work way better than a lot of the regular women’s deodorant! Glad to see I’m not the only one who knows that secret ;)

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 7, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I hate that women’s deodorant claim to go on clear and they never do. I seem to always have that problem. I need to try men’s! Thanks for the tip :)

Hillary February 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I have a few friends who have seen DMB more times that I can keep track of. I’ve only seen him three times—once was at Fenway, and it was AWESOME.

Jaima February 7, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I use my men’s Degree deodorant too after trying my husband’s one day when I was out. I also use men’s razors…..way better than women’s razors.

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain February 7, 2012 at 2:32 pm

GO G-PHI!!! I was a Gamma Phi at Kansas State University. I remember being a little hesitant about joining a sorority, but I am so glad that I did. All of bridesmaids were G-Phi’s!

Tina February 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Awww! Love it!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I’ve heard that Men’s deodorant does work better but I’ve been afraid of smelling “manly.” Maybe I’ll sneak some from the husb.

Better you didn’t know that I’m double jointed. I was a cheerleader in middle school and my coach would always try to “fix” my arms to be straight in a high V. Never worked!

Wendy Irene February 7, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I love the college photo Tina! It was awesome to see that. Have a wonderful day :)

Tina February 7, 2012 at 3:18 pm

The good old days! :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I am obsessed with clean sheets too!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) February 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I too have a fear of open water! Swimming too far out in the ocean totally freaks me out.

Jules @ La Petite Maison Verte February 7, 2012 at 4:31 pm

So funny that you wear Old Spice deodorant! I have had to wear my husband’s a couple of times when mine was out and ALL DAY LONG I kept getting random whiffs of myself and every time the though “who is that hot MAN I smell following me around” popped into my head! It does work really well, doesn’t it?

Kinda similar to your fear of open water, I am terrified of murky water where I can’t see my feet – freaks. me. out.

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ February 7, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I did the 11 Things Survey that has been rolling around the blog world today and it was kind of fun to come up with things readers probably didnt know about me. Wearing Old Spice didnt make my list but it is funny that I couldnt find my deo. today so I did use my husbands Old Spice this morning! It smells pretty good!

Hilary February 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

My sister uses old spice too! I bet you didn’t know that I went to university at an all women’s college.

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs February 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Fun post! I always like to find out more about the people behind the blogs :)

kalee @ SoreyFitness February 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I am going to have to try Old Spice now!! I have been using Certain Dri at night, but the stuff itches like crazy!! NOT a good feeling for your underarms lol! One thing I bet you didn’t know (besides my itchy underarms hehe)….I successfully ate the colossal burger at Ruby Tuesday’s; I was the first girl to ever do it!! It just shows eating healthy is a choice and not a natural thing! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I’ve seen John Mayer in concert 3 times and I thought that was a lot… apparently not! :D

Krista February 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Since you’re a Dave Matthews fan…be sure to check out Dreaming Tree Wines! :)

Erin February 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I’m also GPhi. All the best ones are :)

Katie @ Pop Culture Cuisine February 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I was a Gamma Phi at Valparaiso University in Indiana…go gammas!

Candace February 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Aww, I’m a Gamma Phi Beta, too!

Lee February 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

My husband actually uses my deodorant (Secret.)

Amber February 7, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Tina, try the “oatmeal minus the oats” with pumpkin puree in place of banana, and add stevia to taste…no words.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com February 7, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I never knew about sororities until I came to the States — sounds fun :)

Brianne February 8, 2012 at 8:42 am

I heart men’s deodorant too! I use Old Spice Fuji because it doesn’t smell too manly. :) My fiancee makes fun of me all of the time for it but it works so much better than women’s. That is too funny! I’m glad to know that I’m not alone.

Natalie February 8, 2012 at 9:21 am

I’m a gphi and I use old spice deo too :)

Janice February 8, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I’m a Gamma Phi too! Texas A&M! :)

Hannah (Hannah Lives) February 8, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love all the G Phis in the comments! I’m a University of Minnesota Gamma Phi!

I bet you didn’t know that Jay Leno flirted with me when I was in L.A. taking dance classes for a summer in high school. He stopped flirting when he realized I was 16…

Tina February 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Yay GPhiB! :)

Rachael February 9, 2012 at 11:56 am

Go Gamma Phi! I was initiated at Florida State University – best decision I made in college, for sure. I’ve been reading your blog for over a year and it’s fun to learn we’re sorority sisters!

Amy February 9, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I am a HUGE DMB fan. I have also seen them live 20 plus times! I have loved them since 1996 and saw my last show in 2010! As long as he continues to tour I will be there!

Ro @ Eat Live Move February 10, 2012 at 2:56 am

OMG, I love DMB too!! I also traveled all over the east coast to see them! Such good times!

Amanda @ Simply Southern February 23, 2012 at 7:10 am

I use Old Spice too! You are the second woman I have heard say they use it, too funny. I started using it because I ran out of mine and borrowed my husbands. Clearly,( pun intended :), there was a huge difference!

Jessica July 30, 2012 at 11:15 am

Yay GPhiB!! Its so funny- I found your blog a few month ago (through another GPhi Sis actually) and loved it right away, mostly because I always learn something new AND I feel like you are someone I would like in real life. Must be the sisterhood :)
    Did you know Kristen Chenoweth is also a GPhi? I meet her once at Starbucks and we ended up chatting for 30 mins! So cool to be able to use the sorority to meet people!

Tina July 30, 2012 at 11:23 am

I didn’t know that! How cool! Yay, GPhiB! :)