• Fly By Posting

February 1, 2012

Hello, hello!

Did today fly by for anyone else? Holy cow. I still can’t believe it’s dinnertime. I feel like I just woke up!

Thankfully, I was super-duper productive all day long and got plenty of stuff done. My head is spinning a bit and I exercised twice today, so I am more than ready to RELAX this evening. Bring on the R&R!

Lunch

I plowed through my To Do list this morning, so I didn’t even realize it was lunchtime until my stomach started growling like crazy. I threw together a huge salad with roasted veggies, hummus, guacamole, black beans, balsamic vinegar, and truffle salt. I rule at making salads.

Workout

After lunch, I headed to the gym for a quickie workout: 3 x 1200m with 3 minutes rest in between. I warmed-up with a 1-mile jog, and then got right to it. Here’s how my workout looked on the treadmill:

2012-02-01_1822

The first two intervals didn’t seem all that challenging, but by the third one, I was starting to feel it. The last quarter mile was pretty tough, but I pushed myself to the end. I covered 3.85 miles in about in about 37 minutes.

Snacks

After my run, I headed home, quickly showered, and headed out to drive to an appointment. I grabbed an apple for the car ride.

After my appointment, I came home and took Murphy for his afternoon walk. I munched on a KIND bar during our walk.

I was still sort of hungry after my walk with Murph, so I ate a few pieces of deli ham before heading CrossFit.

I just got back from CrossFit a little while ago. I’m sweaty and covered in sand (more on that tomorrow), so I’m going to hit the shower, eat dinner, and then park my bee-hind on the couch for the rest of the night. I am spent. Is there anything good on TV tonight? I’m in the mood to veg out.

Enjoy the evening, friends!

P.S. DailyBurn is running a healthy Super Bowl recipe contest that closes tomorrow, so just a heads-up if any of you have any healthy recipes you’d like to enter!

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I love KIND bars, their peanut butter and strawberry is my favorite.

Also Top Chef is on tonight!

Olivia February 1, 2012 at 6:40 pm

If you are watching JJ Abrams (of you know… Lost)’ new show, Alcatraz, there was a new episode Monday! If you haven’t been watching at all, it’s actually quite good. And Hurley is in it. So is Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park.

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

I heard Alcatraz is a great show! I should start watching it.

Olivia February 1, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Also, Ringer is great. Sarah Michelle Gellar is amazing. (I’m a huge Buffy fan.)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 1, 2012 at 6:52 pm

i was just telling my husband how i felt like today flew by! i guess that happens when you’re productive and busy, eh? i love when that happens!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 1, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I’ve never seen that Kind Bar flavor before–sounds delicious!!

Becca @ Blueberry Smiles February 1, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I love how Murphy is staring at you and the Kind bar! He looks so curious and ready for his walk. So cute.

Sarah February 1, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Good LORD that is some expensive ham! I can see it comes from Whole Foods so it must be from happier-than-conventional piggies? I do love some sliced ham but never buy it anymore because I can’t find any that’s locally and humanely raised.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 1, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I think you deserve to park it in front of the TV tonight. Modern Family and Revenge are on. I look forward to watching both shows every week!

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic February 1, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I haven’t tried the KIND bars, but I’ve heard great things about them. They’re definitely on my “to try” list, and they have so many intriguing flavors.

Sarah (I Dream of Beets) February 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Park it, lady. I wish I could do the same. Perhaps I’ll park it AND multitask with grading. My WOD was insane today on top of a 7 mile tempo run. Grr!

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

You are an animal! :)

Kelly @ Vegolosophy February 1, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I love kind bars, they are just the perfect snack! So yummy! Enjoy your night :)

Amy February 1, 2012 at 7:52 pm

$11 for a pound of ham!?!?!

Lauren February 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Funny, I thought this whole week has been flying by but today seemed to just drag. Either way, I’m happy its over and ready to plan it just like you! :)

Jordan K. February 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I’ve been loving your recent treadmill workouts! Thanks a ton for sharing -they’ve been really motivating me to get on that treadmill and tackle a fun challenge! :-)

Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It February 1, 2012 at 8:04 pm

thanks for the heads up about the recipe contest! those are always fun to enter.

this week really is flying by!

Megan February 1, 2012 at 8:18 pm

My day totally flew by way too fast!! Totally didn’t get all my work done. Relaxing tonight and hoping tomorrow slows down so I can catch up at work!

Daisy February 1, 2012 at 8:19 pm

top chef! obvi :)

mel February 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm

You put me to shame today- a run, walk and crossfit? go you!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I gotta try those KIND bars soon…..

Does the sand involve sand bags at a park with CF?? Maybe? ;)

Have a good night!

jana @ newly wife healthy life February 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm

The only thing I like to watch on Wednesday nights is Modern Family, ha ha. If you need a good laugh, I highly recommend it! :-)

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

I love Modern Family! So funny! :)

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio February 1, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Sometimes an evening of rest is just what you need. Law and order svu for me.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes February 1, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Enjoy relaxing!! Sand?! Can’t wait to hear about this…. :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I agree, today totally flew by!

Roselyn @ A Balanced Fit February 1, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Just wondering…do you ever do protein shakes after your workouts? Why or why not?

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:08 am

I do sometimes. It mostly depends if I’m in the mood for one or how tough my workout was.

Kristen @ Change of Pace February 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Dang I thought I worked out a lot today. Interested to hear about your crossfit workout…

Sara February 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I’m watching last night’s episode of Biggest Loser right now and Bob totally made his contestants do the Fran WOD! It made me think of you instantly!

PS. do people really call the WODs “wads”??

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

Maybe people from the midwest call them “wads”? Haha! We call them “wods”.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I love when time goes by quick, it’s one more day closer to the weekend. Your lunch looks great! Isn’t it nice when you crave fruits and vegetables? For tv, my Husband has the movie the Jerk on right now. Remember that goofy movie? It’s a classic. As for regular tv, I don’t think anything good is on tonight! Enjoy a relaxing evening!

Michelle @ Oats n' Bows February 1, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Put on some Restaurant: Impossible! Love that show ;)

Cheryl at eatplayluvblog February 1, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I’m on the edge of my seat re: the sand! I also need to try a KIND bar one of these days.

Lisa February 1, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Hi Tina, I read this today and was wondering your take on it. Is this the way to lose weight? “For Breakfast eat like a king; for lunch, a prince; for dinner, a pauper.”

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

I think so! And I tend to eat that way a lot of the time. I actually wrote a post about that quote back in 2008: http://carrotsncake.com/2008/09/kitchen-experiment-515.html

Khushboo February 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm

This whole year seems to have flown by…how is it already Feb!!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats February 2, 2012 at 12:32 am

These weeks keep flying by!

Laura @ She Eats Well February 2, 2012 at 12:43 am

Your salad looks so so good. Truffle Salt on anything is oh so delicious but I have never thought to put it on a salad. I’m kind of obsessed, now.

Lorin February 2, 2012 at 1:27 am

I found this meme type thing of pugs on pinterest. Pretty cute and funny. http://pinterest.com/pin/250160954271349016/

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

So cute!!!

Nicola February 2, 2012 at 3:37 am

What is truffle salt? Seen you use that a few times now. Reading your running stats makes me sigh – I’m injured and have to rest. It’s been a week now and I’m chomping at the bit! Also I have my first marathon coming up in April so my training plan has taken a slide! :-(

Tina February 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

You’ll be back up and running again! Hang in there!

Peggi February 2, 2012 at 8:18 am

Wow that was expensive ham!!! Must be good :) LOL! I need to try putting hummus on my salads. I also need to try those KIND bars…..how are the ingredients on there – lots of ingredients or only a few and what is the sugar content?

Jayme February 2, 2012 at 9:51 am

Have you ever considered doing the Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder? They are ridiculously fun 5Ks/marathons with bad-ass obstacles thrown in along the way. I did the Warrior Dash in August and had a blast – you leave covered in mud (and bruises, lol) but you get beer and rock a viking hat. Think cargo net and wall/rope climbs, adult-sized slip-n-slides and belly-crawls-in-mud-beneath-barbed-wire. Your Crossfit training will prep you perfectly for it!

Tina February 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

I did the Rugged Maniac last spring and it was a ton of fun! I’m thinking about signing up for Tough Mudder with my CF box too. I love that type of stuff!

Alaina February 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I think maybe I’m doing interval’s wrong. My rest periods are always around 6.0. Maybe I need to scale it down a bit and really give it my all on the sprints! :-P

I’ve been making some killer salads too. It wasn’t until recently that I started adding pine nut hummus to them. It’s so delicious!