The other day, I received the following question from a reader:
How filled up does your Oats In a Jar get? I made it a while ago, but my oats barely made it 1/3 of the way up to jar. I found it so inconvenient that I ended up just pouring it back into a bowl. Sad day.
That is a sad day! Oats In a Jar are one of my favorite breakfasts, so I’ll let you guys in on my secret recipe for Super Fluffy Oats In a Jar. (It’s actually not a secret at all. I just made it up this morning.)
Super Fluffy Oats In A Jar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (I used hemp milk)
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- Combine together oats, milk, egg whites, banana, and ground flax; blend well.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove, stirring frequently, until it thickens and reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
- Pour Super Fluffy Oats in an almost-empty nut butter jar and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Delicious! Check out the fluffiness!
After lunch, I ran some errands and then headed to NuVal for a few hours of work.
Back at home, I created a surprisingly amazing quinoa salad. I was so hungry, I just threw together a bunch of ingredients that I thought would taste good together. The end result: outstanding!
Cheesy, Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- I cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- 1/4 cup shredded full-flavored, stinky cheese (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- Combine quinoa and arugula in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds until the arugula wilts.
- Remove quinoa from microwave and stir in cheese, sunflower seeds, and truffle oil.
- Serve warm or cold.
Off to the park to let the pug spaz-out!
P.S. Adorable website for the wrinkly dog lovers: http://fyeahwrinklydogs.tumblr.com/ Please note its name. LOL!