Ahhh, this is so cool!!
Remember when I mentioned my special recipe project with Whole Foods? Well, here’s my WholeFoods.com recipe debut: Brussels Sprout and Chicken Pizza with Parmigiano Reggiano!
I should have known it would be a pizza recipe! I <3 pizza.
Whole Foods compensated me for my participation and recipe development with a $50 gift card to their store.
Mal and I combined forces to make last night’s dinner. On the menu: American Chop Suey and really, really, really delicious Garlic-Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Roasted garlic + tangy lemon + stinky cheese = holy yum.
Garlic-Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound-ish Brussels sprouts, chopped in half
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and roast for 30- 35 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Eat and enjoy!
After dinner, Mal and I made hot cocoa with soy milk and watched Drive, another movie with Ryan Gosling in it. Apparently, we’re big fans of his lately.
I enjoyed the first half of the movie, but then it became a disgusting, violent blood bath, so I stopped watching and read a magazine. Murphy couldn’t believe what he was watching! Eww! (Isn’t it funny when dogs watch TV? Murphy loses it and barks/growls when he sees dogs on the television.)
Even still, I enjoyed cuddling on the couch with my two favorite guys.