• Top 12 in 2012: January

January 31, 2012

I want to keep track of my favorites posts from the year, so here are my top 12 from January. Enjoy!

How I Chose My Protein Powder

_MG_6137 (800x533)

I swear there are some mornings that my iced coffee tastes better than others. Today was one of those days. Holy yum! Cold, creamy goodness in a glass. Hey, sometimes, it’s the little things in life… Breakfast Along with my iced coffee, I enjoyed a Coconut Protein Pancake.

Apple Crisp Light

_MG_6070 (800x533)

Remember my mom’s recipe for Apple Crisp? It’s seriously delicious and one of my favorite desserts ever, but, sadly, it’s not at all healthy. I mean, there’s a cup of sugar and a full stick of butter in it.

“Oatmeal” Minus the Oats

_MG_6274 (800x533)

Last night, within minutes, I received two emails from readers asking very similar questions about breakfast and protein: I’m so sorry to say that I just don’t like oatmeal. You’re so creative with it and i know it is a great source of protein but I just can’t get into it.

Running + CrossFit: A Match Made In Heaven?

Now that I’ve been doing CrossFit for almost a month, I’ve noticed that it really interferes with my running— not really my motivation to run, but my physical ability to actually do it. Typically, I’m too exhausted to run after a CrossFit workout, so I try to run before, but, sometimes, my body is just too exhausted.

Bob Harper on CrossFit, The Biggest Loser & His Last Meal on Earth

20100823_QUAKER_BOB_HARPER_DARK_BLUE_132_COMPRESSED

Awhile back, Quaker Oats invited me to participate in a conference call with Bob Harper along with a few other bloggers. The call was scheduled on the same day as the NASM Live Workshop, so I wasn’t able to attend, but Quaker folks kindly offered to coordinate a one-on-one email interview with Bob.

NASM Certified Personal Trainer Q & A

_MG_6464 (800x533)

Hi, guys! Look what arrived in the mail this afternoon! My NASM Certified Personal Trainer certificate! Woohoo! I figured receiving my certificate in the mail today was a sign that I should probably reply to your questions about NASM, so here’s a little Q & A.

Lunch with Ellie Krieger

Hi, guys! I just got back from having lunch with Ellie Krieger. No big deal. Lunch This afternoon, Kris, Karen, and I met Ellie at Cookshop for lunch. (Kris and Karen are the PR folks from the California Grapes Commission.) Cookshop was a great spot for lunch.

How I Started Running

2012-01-18_0816

Good morning! Check out last night’s Workout of the Day: Hmm… Surprise WOD? I should have known then that it was going to be a killer workout! (Our coaches didn’t post the WOD because they thought people wouldn’t come if they saw it ahead of time! Ha!)

How Much Exercise Is Too Much?

IMG_0005 (800x600) - Copy

Yowsahs. Last night’s WOD was another killer CrossFit workout! Two days in a row of tough workouts, and I’m spent. Today is most definitely a rest day. Check out last night’s WOD: Strength: Overhead Squat 5-5-5 WOD: “Helen’s Ugly Cousin” 15 Minutes As Many Rounds As Possible of: 400 meter run 21 Sumo Dead Lift High.

Mostly We Don’t Remember The Days; We Remember The Moments

It’s never a dull day in the Haupert house! I live with the two biggest clowns ever. So, I haven’t been totally truthful with you guys about my life lately. Not because I have something to hide, but after my ex passed away last summer, I’ve been hesitant to share the really personal details of my life.

Mohegan Sun WineFest ’12

Wow! What an event! I’ve attended all sorts of wine tastings over the years, but nothing like Mohegan’s Sun WineFest! Featuring beer, wine, specialty spirits and delectable dishes this weekend extravaganza has something for everyone. Wine and beer enthusiasts can select from over 1,000 brands or enjoy tastings of specialty sponsor spirits. Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

At-Home and Budget-Friendly CrossFit Ideas

In the past several weeks, I’ve received a ton of questions from you guys asking for cheaper and at-home ideas for CrossFit. It seems that quite a few of you want to try it, but don’t live near a CrossFit location and/or don’t have the funds to afford a membership.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 31, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I always love your “best of” posts in case I missed anything!!

Kristen @ Change of Pace January 31, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I love the lunch with Ellie Krieger one. Still so jealous! And I do like the how much is too much exercise post. I think it sparked some interesting discussions. That’s how you know it’s a good post :)

Sarah@The Flying ONION January 31, 2012 at 3:33 pm

What a fun idea! I’m glad you decided to do this, as I totally missed your post on Bob Harper’s interview. :D

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming January 31, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Great recap of January :)

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Looks like you’ve had an awesome January! Great way to start the year :) Fun idea to recap like this!

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl January 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh, great link up of your posts. I missed the last one. Gonna catch up on my reading. Thanks!

Anna January 31, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Wow so many great posts in January…I loved the oatmeal minus the oats and am rechecking your protein powder post as I am about to buy some more :) I hope the rest of 2012 is so great!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 31, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Love! This post just reminded me to try out those oats minus the oats :)

Cait's Plate January 31, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Such a great month! A lot of these posts were some of my favorites of yours this month as well! Excited to see what February brings :)

Laura Dickerson January 31, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I tried your “oatmeal minus the oats” on Monday and I had it again today because it was that good!! I was VERY shocked too that it tasted as good as it does!

Tina January 31, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    Roz@weightingfor50 January 31, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I love the top 12 list!!! I missed the post about your Grandfather. I’m so sorry for your loss Tina!!!! And OMG, that pic of Mal and Murphy playing? HILARIOUS!!!
    Enjoy your day!!!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio January 31, 2012 at 4:53 pm

The Bob Harper post was my favorite!

Alaina January 31, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Looks like a fantastic month already! :-)

Clare @ SweetnSimple January 31, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Love your little recap Tina, looks like the year has kicked off to a great start :) Can’t believe we’re in Feb already!

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic January 31, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Love the best of post. I missed some of those!

Jessica January 31, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Not related, but here’s a funny pug picture to brighten your day :)

Tina January 31, 2012 at 7:27 pm

@Jessica: LOL! Look at those eyes!

TeenyLittleSuperChef January 31, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Thanks for the recaps from all these great posts. I don’t get to check your blog as often as you post, so it was cool being able to read some of the ones I missed. By the way, so jealous you had lunch with Ellie Krieger. I pretty much own all of her cookbooks so I would be such a blubbering idiot if I were to ever actually sit down with her. I would probably be the same way if I actually met you too :)

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 31, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Love the recap! Makes it easy to see which posts I missed.

Michelle (Better with Berries) January 31, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Loved all of these, but my favorite was definitely the Bob Harper interview. Love him!