• Just for Fun: Cookies Versus Cookie Dough

December 21, 2011

Hi, friends!

I have a hot date with my couch and Parks and Rec in a little bit since it’s LITERALLY my favorite show on TV right now, so I’m going to whiz right through this post.

Snack

A few hours after breakfast, my stomach started to grumble, so I threw together a quick snack of carrot sticks, Wheat Thins, and garlic hummus. Such a good snack. Honestly, is there anything better than Wheat Thins and hummus together?

Lunch

Shortly after eating my snack, I packed a lunch to take with me to NuVal. I spent a few hours there, worked, and ate my lunch, which included some roasted Brussels sprouts, vanilla Chobani, and Uncle Sam cereal to mix into the yogurt.

I also enjoyed some hot cocoa while I was at NuVal. I like my cocoa really chocolate-y, so I always use less water than instructed. I know, I’m so crazy.

Snack

After NuVal, I headed home. The second I walked into my house, I walked straight into the kitchen and snacked on some pistachios.

And then cooked some squash.

IMG_0050 (800x600)IMG_0052 (800x600)
    IMG_0053 (800x600)IMG_0054 (800x600)

And took Murphy for a walk with Mal.

IMG_0063 (800x600)IMG_0068 (600x800)

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner included some meatless meatballs, which were just okay. I’ve never really been a fan of meatless “meat” items, but Gardein and all of their delicious products changed my mind about them, so I gave Veggie Patch a try. Who knows, maybe I’d like it?

Flavor-wise, these “meatballs” were pretty bland, but, texture-wise, they were almost like real meatballs.

Nutritionally, they looked pretty good.

But, ingredient-wise… not so much.

I like to try new foods, so I’m glad I gave these a whirl, but I’m not sure I’d buy them again. It seems that meatless “meats” and I just don’t get along.

I added the meatless meatballs to a big bowl of spaghetti squash with sautéed mushrooms, marinara sauce, and shredded Romano cheese sprinkled on top.

After dinner, I ate a couple of frozen cookie dough balls for dessert.

Apparently, the wresting team at Mal’s school was selling these as part of a fundraiser, so he bought one for us. It’s a win-win in my book!

And just for fun…

Would you rather eat a ball of chocolate chip cookie dough or an actual (cooked) chocolate chip cookie?

Kristen December 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Dough… But Erica made a good point, and warm cookies right out of the oven are really good too…

Theresa Duffy December 21, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Dough! And I’m so relieved that it’s normal.

Lorin December 21, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I like the dough. I used to sell something like that too for basketball in high school. My english teacher would always be buying stuff from people because he was super popular with the students..

Tina December 22, 2011 at 6:29 am

Sounds like Mal! He buys a lot of fundraiser items. We had frozen breadsticks earlier this year!

Christy December 22, 2011 at 12:06 am

Dough, all the way.

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona December 22, 2011 at 12:28 am

Dough . . . . . every single time.

Khushboo December 22, 2011 at 12:34 am

Oh man I think I’m going to go with cookie dough balls…especially straight out the fridge!

Kristabel December 22, 2011 at 1:03 am

I hear ya, the only meatless “meat” that I seem to like is veggie burgers.

Socal Rachel December 22, 2011 at 1:06 am

I love the dough. As a kid 3 of us girls would buy the pre-made stuff from the store just to eat as dough. Love it!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking December 22, 2011 at 1:52 am

Definitely a dough ball! Made a batch a couple batches of cookies for a holiday party today, and I just could not keep my hands off of the raw dough!

Lynn @ the actor's diet December 22, 2011 at 2:17 am

I really like trader Joe’s meatless balls. Even better than the turkey ones!

Tina December 22, 2011 at 6:27 am

Me too! They’re really good!

erica December 22, 2011 at 3:53 am

the cookie!!!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) December 22, 2011 at 5:55 am

Team cookie dough all the way! :) Cookie dough, brownie bites, etc are also my favorite part of ice cream… I’m all about the mix in’s!

Lane December 22, 2011 at 6:18 am

Absolutely without a doubt cookie dough! I can’t really explain it but sometimes I find that the actual cooked cookie isn’t worth it but the dough is always fantastic!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 22, 2011 at 7:31 am

I love the dough… but it can’t beat a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie right out the oven!

Emily December 22, 2011 at 7:58 am

I think a dough ball? I am not sure why, but I am definitely not as big of a fan of cookies as I am of cookie dough. I close my eyes and try not to think of salmonella. :)

Heather @ Run Eat Play December 22, 2011 at 8:04 am

I love hummus and pretzel rods paired together.
    I would much rather eat a dough ball – although fresh baked so so delicious, there’s just something about cookie dough!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 22, 2011 at 8:19 am

Just call me the dough girl – I always choose cookie dough, which is why I rarely ever bake cookies!

Oh, and I too use less water in my instant hot cocoa. Great minds think alike.

MelanieF December 22, 2011 at 8:20 am

Cookie dough…it’s the best!

Hope December 22, 2011 at 8:21 am

I would rather eat the cooked cookie. I’d be paranoid of getting sick. I’ve never had raw dough.

Clare @ SweetnSimple December 22, 2011 at 8:24 am

Cookie dough definitely! I make sure to leave a cookie’s worth of dough in the bowl so I can scoop it up after i’ve popped the cookies in the oven ;)

Tiffany December 22, 2011 at 8:35 am

Definitely the dough. :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 22, 2011 at 9:06 am

hmmm. that’s a hard one. probably the dough if it’s chocolate chip cookie dough, otherwise the cookie.

Marisa E December 22, 2011 at 9:09 am

Oooh I love the cookie- straight out of the oven, slightly undercooked. Yum!!

Victoria Runs December 22, 2011 at 9:17 am

I love Mama Mia’s meatless meatballs…. they taste like the real deal holyfield :) Especially with homemade sauce. nom nom.

Emily December 22, 2011 at 9:27 am

I would also say dough, definitely.

Also, I think the ingredient list there is actually not that bad. It seems to be mostly normal ingredients, and then added vitamins. I did laugh at the copper though. Why copper?!

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 22, 2011 at 9:30 am

Oh wow! What a tough question….I would probably say cookie dough. :) I love that stuff. Especially when it’s store bought and you can just put it in the freezer and take one out anytime you wanted too! That might be a bad thing. I try not to keep cookie dough in my house for very long.

Heather December 22, 2011 at 9:43 am

Oh, I just love cookie dough. It will always get my vote over an actual cooked cookie :)

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves December 22, 2011 at 10:17 am

Dough. Unless I have a cup of coffee. I love a cookie with my coffee!

Coral December 22, 2011 at 10:37 am

we nust got the same preportioned cookie dough from a fund raiser near us! and i’ve been eating the raw white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough often… ;)

Coral December 22, 2011 at 10:38 am

@Coral:

**just, not nust lol

Jason @ Cook Train Eat Race December 22, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Give me the actual cookie versus the cookie dough. Call me old school but I love a warm cookie and milk (almond for this vegetarian.)

I have used tempeh to make meatballs and they are awesome. I have the recipe on my blog if you need or want it.

Jess December 22, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I’d rather eat the dough :)

jen veak December 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm

cookie dough all the way!

Amber K December 22, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I love cookie dough, but there is just something about biting into a warm, soft chewy cookie that can’t be beat. I am not a fan of meatless “meats” they always taste too much like meat to me. Blech.

I think hummus goes best with Food Should Taste Good chips or gluten-free pretzels. But then, hummus in general pretty much rocks.

Cait's Plate December 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I’m a cookie dough gal all the way. Just can’t help myself. Don’t get me wrong, a freshly baked warm cookie from the oven is great too, but I definitely like the dough a lot!! I always have at least a BITE of the raw dough.

Tina December 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Same here. I don’t think I can bake cookies without eating at least one bite of batter!

Cait's Plate December 22, 2011 at 4:38 pm

@Tina: Haha, exactly! :)

Alaina December 22, 2011 at 4:07 pm

My mom has purchased those before! I would have to say that warm cookies right out of the oven can’t be beat though. :-)

Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled December 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I’d go with the cookie dough anytime! I’m pregnant right now so can’t have the raw cookie dough, which makes making cookies really difficult. And you don’t realize how much of a habit it is to just eat the dough when you’re baking until you can’t anymore. Bummer!

Chad December 22, 2011 at 7:07 pm

COOKI DOUGH! I love it especially chocolate chip. Even when I do cook it I cook them for half the time so that they are gooey.

Michele December 22, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I’m too scared to eat uncooked dough. It’s not worth getting sick for!

Kelsey December 22, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Dough all the way!

Michelle Hunt December 23, 2011 at 3:13 am

Really REALLY wish we had wheat thins in Ireland, they’re so addictive though so maybe its a good thing! I’ve never tried them with hummus, melted chedder is a winner!

Maureen December 23, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Dough all the way. But I do love a fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie with a glass of milk!

I am madly in love with Parks & Rec. Literally one of the best shows on TV right now!

amy December 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

Have you ever had Field Roast links before? They’re vegan and taste AMAZING! I am fairly new to vegetarianism and hate mock meats, but these are so tasty. No, they don’t taste like meat, but they have their own amazing flavor. I suggest the apple smoked or italian to try out first. You can find them at Whole Foods for sure.

Shannon April 17, 2014 at 12:35 am

Oh my gosh, ain’t nothin’ like cookie dough!
    <3333333333333333333333333