Murphy says: “Well, hello, there and good morning to you.”
It’s that time of year again! Time to set some goals for the new year! Last year (goals for 2011), like previous years (goals for 2010 and goals for 2009), I wrote a post about my goals for the previous year and assessed whether I achieved them or not. Let’s see how I did for 2011!
- Run a marathon: Check! I actually ran two marathons this year!
- Take Mom on a sweet vacation: Check! We spent a week on Cape Cod this summer.
- Get back to my Feel Great Weight: Check! I lost those marathon pounds and my weight has been steady for awhile now.
- Meet with a financial advisor: Check! I met with a financial advisor and a retirement specialist.
- Kick my sugar habit: I still struggle with sugar cravings, but I’ve made some serious progress since this time last year. I read my “Confessions of a Sugarholic” post this morning, and I’m definitely in a better place a year later.
- Run 4 half marathons (one each season): Check! Technically, I didn’t run a half marathon each season, but I still ran four of them this year!
My goals for 2012:
- Run a sub 25-minute 5K
- Do three unassisted pull-ups
- Redo my office
- Fix the fence in our backyard
- Complete the NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist certification
I’m still thinking about what else I want to achieve this year, so I might add one or two additional goals for 2012. I also haven’t checked out my Life’s To Do List yet, so maybe one of those will jump out at me.
This morning’s breakfast was an egg white patty on a toasted whole wheat Sandwich Thin with grape tomatoes, clementines, and iced coffee with soy milk on the side. Mal and I are leaving for Seattle tomorrow, so I’m trying to eat up all of the produce in our house so it doesn’t spoil.
Question of the Day
What are your goals for 2012?