• Goals for 2012

December 26, 2011

Murphy says: “Well, hello, there and good morning to you.”

_MG_5931-2 (800x533)

It’s that time of year again! Time to set some goals for the new year! Last year (goals for 2011), like previous years (goals for 2010 and goals for 2009), I wrote a post about my goals for the previous year and assessed whether I achieved them or not. Let’s see how I did for 2011!

My (revised) goals for 2011:

My goals for 2012:

• Run a sub 25-minute 5K
    • Do three unassisted pull-ups
    • Redo my office
    • Fix the fence in our backyard
    • Complete the NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist certification

I’m still thinking about what else I want to achieve this year, so I might add one or two additional goals for 2012. I also haven’t checked out my Life’s To Do List yet, so maybe one of those will jump out at me.

Breakfast

This morning’s breakfast was an egg white patty on a toasted whole wheat Sandwich Thin with grape tomatoes, clementines, and iced coffee with soy milk on the side. Mal and I are leaving for Seattle tomorrow, so I’m trying to eat up all of the produce in our house so it doesn’t spoil.

What are your goals for 2012?

Lisa December 26, 2011 at 9:30 am

Become debt free (that’s my husband and I’s goal) My personal is to work out at least 3 or 4 times a week consistently!

Jessica @ Running To Be Skinny December 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

My goals for 2012 are #1 Spiritual growth through daily scripture study, #2 Continue my fitness journey (work on my 5k and 10k times). Good luck and congrats on achieving your resolutions last year!

Laura @ LauraLikesDesign December 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

Those are great goals! I need to start thinking about what I’d like to accomplish this next year.

PS Your iced coffee always makes my mouth water–mmm! Such a great morning treat.

lynn @ the actor's diet December 26, 2011 at 9:40 am

wow – how inspirational, tina!

my goal this year is to make enough $$$ to get health insurance. not really in my control in show business, but here’s hoping!

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio December 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

I appreciate how realistic your goals are! This year I want to limit sweets, take tap dance classes and become a certified spin instructor.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 26, 2011 at 9:47 am

Your goals and what you were able to check off your list is awesome! The races, getting to a healthy place with the things you felt you wanted to improve on, and the travel, and taking care of the financial things…all so important!

For 2012 I want to win the lottery :) That’s my goal.

Molly @ RunningLateMolls December 26, 2011 at 9:47 am

Great goals and accomplishments! I’m sitting here working on mine now. I’m thinking it’s gonna be more hot yoga and spin classes. I was thinking about kicking my sugar habit too- but then I decided that would make me too crabby haha. We can all have our weaknesses, right?!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 26, 2011 at 9:52 am

It’s awesome to see that you accomplished your 2011 goals!! I need to think a little about what my 2012 goals will be. I definitely want to run another half-marathon, and I want to increase my strength through more weight training. I would love to try to curb my sweet tooth, but I don’t know if that’s a goal I can accomplish anytime soon! ;)

khushboo December 26, 2011 at 9:57 am

Great, realistic goals! I am still thinking of mine but one of fitness goals is to do 10 regular press-ups!

Luv What You Do December 26, 2011 at 9:58 am

I have a few triathlons and road races on the list. I am hoping for a PR half marathon. My other goal (which I have been talking about to only a few people) is to get my personal training certificate. You definitely have me interested in this nutrition expert as well.

I definitely met my 2011 goals of starting a blog, running a marathon (my frist!) and getting a new hobby!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 26, 2011 at 10:02 am

I’m definitely going to have to come up with a list of goals for 2012, I’ve never done that before. I know that two are to run my first half marathon and my first full marathon!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) December 26, 2011 at 10:20 am

I was just thinking about my 2012 goals this morning. A few – visit my grandma two times this year (pre/post baby), complete a “Start Here Book” or “Family Binder” (that lays out finances, accounts, etc… should anything happen to either one of us, the other will have a complete guide as to accounts, investments, etc etc), more water and more physical activity, and prayer time at least 3 mornings a week.

Tina – Do you revisit your yearly goals every few months? Hang them on your fridge? How do you keep assessment of where you are in meeting your goals? Trying to come up with a system that will keep me on track!

katie @ KatieDid December 26, 2011 at 10:34 am

Awesome list, and great job accomplishing all of your past year’s goals. I just did a post about my 2011 goals which I did well on. And I’m in the middle of forming my 2012 goals. I’m big on goals and I love reflecting back on the year to see how they all went!

Lindsey December 26, 2011 at 11:02 am

What are you guys doing in Seattle? That’s where I live!

Tina December 26, 2011 at 11:03 am

Skiing! :)

Anna December 26, 2011 at 11:03 am

Awesome goals for 2012..I am working on mine now! A possibility: complete a half ironman triathlon!

Tina December 26, 2011 at 11:05 am

Woohoo! That’s an awesome goal!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 26, 2011 at 11:08 am

One goal of mine is to get all my undergrad classes done (or at least registered for!!) I should be graduating in a year or year and a half as long as I can finally get my classes registered.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 26, 2011 at 11:09 am

Ooh I’ve got lots coming up for 2012 and will post them all on the first Monday in January, but I love yours! And great job in 2011!! You did really well, especially on the marathons! I’m excited for the new year… I know it’s a little cheesy and cliche but new years always motivate me to do new things!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

2012 holds lots of changes for me, so my goal is to stay true to myself and not let myself get overwhelmed. I tend to get a little batty when my routine changes–so I’m hoping to avoid that!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 26, 2011 at 11:27 am

strong work on achieving your 2011 goals! one of my 2012 goals is to complete my first half marathon!

J @ ... semplicemente j ... December 26, 2011 at 11:47 am

6 out 10 of my REVISED 2011 … striving for a 9 in 2012!

2012 in process and changing …
    1. Run a Half Marathon
    2. Run two 5Ks
    3. Run a 5K with Dante even if it is not an official race.
    4. Read 12 books!
    5. Go to an official class of something! (Food Photography … hopefully!)
    6. Go on a personal retreat!
    7. Volunteer in 3 events!
    8. Go to two openings! WORK
    9. Make a new recipe every month.
    10. ?

I like making 10 because I can get a good percentage on completion.

Tina December 26, 2011 at 11:56 am

Those are great!!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2011 at 11:55 am

I haven’t had a chance to really think about what goals I want to set for the New Year. I’ll definitely be taking some time this week to do so though!

Jana December 26, 2011 at 12:02 pm

For me, I would say my fitness goals for 2012 is to speed up my running and challenge myself to break a nine minute mile pace. I usually focus on how far I can run as opposed to how fast so speedwork will provide a nice challenge. Another goal is to get back into yoga and to take some time each day to reflect on life and all the blessings I’ve been given. I want to leave work at work and enjoy every other moment in its own right!

Jason @ Cook Train Eat Race December 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Way to achieve your goals in 2011. That is awesome. Excellent goals for 2012 as well.

For me it is to complete my first Ironman in May and then finish my second faster than my first in November. In between it is to set a PR of 5 hours at the half-ironman distance and I have 3 chances to do that (May, August, October)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Congrats on achieving all your goals Tina! :D

I haven’t thought much about what my goals for 2012 are… running my first race is definitely one of them!

Cait's Plate December 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Love the goals! And I definitely think you’ll achieve all of that and more! I’m not usually much of a goal maker, just hope for happiness and health! :)

Hillary December 26, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I love that you’re calling these goals and not resolutions (something that I just started doing this year, too). I want to PR at my second half marathon and finish my master’s program this year. I think they’re both realistic, but we’ll see!!

Sarah December 26, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I haven’t made my 2012 goals yet but I need to! I love new years for that very reason. I think one of my goals will be to write more consistently; I always feel more at ease after I journal for a bit.

Shannon @ Mon Amour December 26, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I really struggle with pull ups. Best of luck achieving that goal! & congrats on meeting your 2011 goals!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm

wooowhoo for unassisted pull-ups! :D I actually don’t really make new years’ resolutions~well, I guess one “general” one that I always hope and pray for is continuous growth in my life!! Particularly character :)
    this is random! But last night you were in my dream (and we haven’t met in real life) and you, 2 other people, and I were on a quest to accomplish something haha. You were really quiet the whole time!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Awesome goals! nice job on the completion of this years’!

Some of mine : 1. Complete the Half IRONman, 2. do AIM 1 of the BodyPUMP instructor elite certification, 3. Run another half-ironman, but faster!

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats December 26, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Definitely getting healthier…exercise and food wise. And becoming more financially stable!

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine December 26, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I was just thinking about my goals last night, but I think you motivated me to blog about it as well :)

Marty December 26, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I love making goals for the new year. Last year I chose to eat more natural, less processed foods and I’ve really been working on it and feel I did pretty well with it. This year I’m definitely going to include a goal about trying new recipes with new vegetables/foods I’ve never really played around with. Kinda fun!

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 26, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Congrats on meeting your goals for 2011! I have always mentally set goals in my head, but I have never written them down. I love lists, so it’s surprising that I don’t have a goal list.
    1) Devote more time to devotion/quiet time during the week.
    2) Run my first 5K (scheduled for March 2012)
    3) Run a 10K (I’ve done this on a treadmill, but I want to do it at an actual race.
    4) Run a half marathon.
    5) lower my sugar intake
    6) lower my coffee intake (this one will be difficult) :/

Have a great day!

Kelsey December 26, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Move out of Florida!

Kristabel December 26, 2011 at 5:02 pm

This reminds me that I need to get on my 2012 goals!

Jennifer December 26, 2011 at 7:48 pm

wow you need to more european and exUS traveling

I hit 6 countries and my 2012 goal is seven!

Jennifer December 26, 2011 at 7:49 pm

meant to do more*

Missy December 26, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hey Christina! I got your book for Christmas and have only read a couple of chapters but I already love it! I am a new reader of your blog and can’t wait to learn more about you.
    I heard about your book through some of my fellow bloggers and I just want to thank you for the inspiration that you send out!

Tina December 26, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I’m so glad you like my book so far! I hope you enjoy My blog, too! :)

Lori December 27, 2011 at 1:51 am

During 2012 I hope to continue finding new ways to simplify my life, from padding our early retirement fund by tracking and eliminating unnecessary expenses and things we don’t use to spending more time “unplugged” (curb iPad time, less mindless t.v. viewing, etc..). I want to be more present in the here and now, rather than just letting life happen to me.

Angela @ The Chicken Scoop December 27, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I don’t really have goals for this year or next. I know I made some for this year so I will have to check. LOL. There are things I want to do next year like track how many miles I run, track my spending (and kick that shopping habit), get back to my “feel great weight” as you call it too!
    ~Ang

Alaina December 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Great job on your goals! I don’t think I really completed a lot of my goals. I’ll have to look back.

I would love to complete a sub-5-hour marathon in 2012. I think I have it in me! :-)

Tina December 27, 2011 at 8:57 pm

You definitely do! :)

Debbie (Accidently Delish) December 27, 2011 at 4:46 pm

i’m glad you posted this because honestly i haven’t even thought of what i want to accomplish in my next year. so much has happened this year i got wound up in the drama of it. it’s about time i sat and actually thought about what i want to accomplish and work to achieve my goals!.

good luck on your 2012 goals!!

Alyssa December 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Great goals! I wrote a post on how to accomplish your New Year’s resolutions. Feel free to take a look :)

Allison December 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hm, I’m still making a list of 2012 goals but so far: save $$$, set a wedding date, tone up, to stay as healthy as possible [to keep my Lupus and anemia under control], and to get a puppy!

d @ hazeleyedbetty December 28, 2011 at 8:07 am

Awesome goals! I’ve started my goal list too! I’ve signed up for my first marathon (eeeeeeek! Vermon City), we hope to buy a new house, I’d like to volunteer in the kids classrooms, and finish up this other degree I started. Oh, a sub 25 in a 5K would be a good one too… I did 25:12 last Spring, d’oh!! Good luck with your goals for 2012!

Lindsay December 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I love goals!! I don’t set ones for the year though, we do the “101 Things to Do in 1001 Days” a right-now bucket list, and we’re slowly chipping things off. I start a new job in Feb (yay) so my goals include to keep up with that, to visit Singapore, introduce our families to our current home, S. Korea! And to keep finding great things to do in Seoul:)

Sisters Playing House December 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I wrote about this as well on our blog. I love your goal of running a marathon for 2011 and then you actually did two!! Amazing. I am not a runner, but would love to do this someday. Love your new goals as well.
    Check mine out here: http://www.sistersplayinghouse.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-resolutions-anyone-10-goals.html