Good morning! Happy Monday!
I can’t believe Christmas is next weekend! Where did the time go?!? It really doesn’t feel like it should be so soon. I love this time of year, so I guess I just need to embrace it to its fullest over the next few days.
With that said, here are my favorite holiday-inspired CNC posts from over the years:
- My Christmas Traditions
- The Christmas I Still Believed in Santa
- White Lights & Colored Lights
- Christmas Carol-oke
- Holiday Fire-Making: Mal Versus Murphy
- Christmas in Medford, Oregon
I’m really loving protein pancakes lately, so I whipped up one with cinnamon apples and sunflower butter spread on top this morning. It was so good.
On the side: Starbucks French Roast with soy milk and coffee creamer.
Fun Holiday Food Facts
As you know, I’m a big dork and love fun facts, so when the folks at Livestrong.com emailed me these “Fun Holiday Food Facts,” I immediately wanted to share them with you guys. I know you love fun facts, too!
- People ate nearly 200 times as much real fruit as fruit cake during the holidays.
- Pumpkin is not only the favorite pie variety during the holidays, it’s also the overall most popular seasonal flavor. From flavored coffee drinks to cookies and muffins, pumpkin reigns supreme – ahead of peppermint and gingerbread.
- Although consumption of gingerbread cookies increased more than 1000 percent during the holiday season, sugar cookies are still the most popular holiday cookie variety, accounting for more than 35 percent of all cookies eaten during the holidays. Gingerbread cookies make up 22 percent.
- Sunday: Jingle Bell 5k
- Monday: CrossFit
- Tuesday: CrossFit
- Wednesday: Run+ Elliptical
- Thursday: Run + CrossFit
- Friday: CrossFit
- Saturday: Off
Eddie Bauer Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered the Eddie Bauer Giveaway to win a $100 gift card. Here’s your winner:
I am currently obsessed with all of their intarsia sweaters. I would love to buy one, but they are a little pricey. A gift card would be awesome!
Congrats, Natalie! Please email me at [email protected] with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize.
Question of the Day
Let’s have a little fun this morning! Here’s a mini survey to get you in the holiday spirit!
At what age did you stop believing in Santa?
Which do you prefer for holiday decorating: white lights or colored lights?
What’s your favorite holiday tradition?