• Christmas 2011

December 25, 2011

Hi, friends! Merry, merry, merry Christmas! Mal, Murphy, and I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.

Here are a bunch of photos from our Christmas fun. Enjoy!

Friday night family get-together at my aunts’ house. Check out the dessert table!

Yankee Swap madness.

M & T.

Mom and me.

Christmas morning at my in-laws.

Pug presents.

Playtime!

IMG_0038 (800x600)IMG_0039 (800x600)

IMG_0041 (800x600)IMG_0042 (800x600)

Cinnamon buns + coffee at my mom’s house.

Back to my in-law’s house to open presents with the Haupert family.

More pug presents.

Back to my mom’s house for a late lunch and opening presents with my sister and her husband.

Nice wrapping job!

Lunch menu: baked ham with broccoli, green beans, mashed red potatoes, peas, beets, and rolls.

The ladies.

Ok, get serious.

And now we’re having a relaxing evening at home with a fire.

Thankfully for Murphy, not ALL of the sticks went into the fire.

IMG_0088 (800x600)IMG_0095 (800x600)
    IMG_0100 (800x600)IMG_0103 (800x600)

Merry Christmas!

What was the best part about your Christmas?

Mine: Spending time with my family and eating cinnamon buns with my mom.

Mal: Not traveling across the country on Christmas Day.

Murphy: His new peanut butter-filled bone.

Hillary of GRAS Pizza December 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

You look like you had such a nice holiday!!! What a lovely mix between your families – how lucky are you to be so close!?!

Merry Christmas to you, M&M!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups December 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Merry Christmas Tina!!

Hilary December 25, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I loved being able to relax and not have the pressure to go anywhere….and all the delicious food didn’t hurt either! And of course celebrating the true meaning of Christmas.

Patty December 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm

we gave our beagle a peanut butter-filled bone, too! she can’t get enough of it, it’s so fun to watch her with it!

Tina December 25, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Same with Murphy! He lost his mind over it today!

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio December 25, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Too cute! The best part of my day was skyping with my family.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 25, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Great pics and glad your holiday was lovely, Tina.

And now if only I could reach thru my screen and grab one of those cinny rolls…yum!

Luv What You Do December 25, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Nothing beats spending a day with family friends, but Chinese food and homemade goodies are always a great addition to Christmakah!

A Chicago Bears victory over Green Bay would just be icing on the cake…but I won’t hold my breath!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 25, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I loved spending time with my family and just enjoying good food, laughs, and each others company. Merry Christmas! :)

J @ ... semplicemente j ... December 25, 2011 at 10:27 pm

The best part … family as always … being at home … volunteering at a Christmas breakfast with my daughters … talking to my family on the phone … and my daughters’ heartfelt presents …

Happy Holidays … tomorrow it is Cinnamon Roll time for us … actually you made me crave them now … I guess I will have to wait until the morning!

katie @ KatieDid December 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm

That’s so great you got to spend the holiday with so much of your family from all different sides. I’m also lucky I live close to family and get to see some on the holidays. Glad you had a nice christmas!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 25, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Wow, that’s a lot of back and forth, you’re lucky everyone lives so close! Looks like a great day :) Merry Christmas!

lynn @ the actor's diet December 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm

what a lovely x-mas! i’m in new orleans, and although i’m having A BLAST i miss my family and being at my parent’s home too. that said, my pizza dinner was epic.

Kelsey December 25, 2011 at 10:59 pm

The best part was spending time with my family. Tomorrow my mom and sister leave, and then the next day I leave. It was a nice last day together :)

Corrie Anne December 26, 2011 at 12:31 am

Merry Christmas, Tina! I’m jealous of the not traveling!! And I love that green top — or is it a dress? The color is stunning!!

Tina December 26, 2011 at 7:57 am

Thanks! Nope, it’s just a top!

Khushboo December 26, 2011 at 12:32 am

Merry Christmas Tina! The best part about my Christmas was spending time with my family..and the food :)

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 26, 2011 at 1:03 am

Merry Christmas, Tina! My favorite part was definitely hanging with my family!

Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 26, 2011 at 4:17 am

I love how you guys use actual socks as your stockings! That is soo cute!

Merry Christmas :)

Liz December 26, 2011 at 5:31 am

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday with your family – Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! The best part of my holiday, as usual, was spending it with all of my family, including the ones from out of state :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 26, 2011 at 7:11 am

It looks like you had a great Christmas – especially those cinnamon rolls! :D

The best part of mine was playing board games and doing puzzles with my family.

Sarah December 26, 2011 at 7:29 am

Just being with my family! I did have an awesome run outside with 0 snow on the ground. That was pretty great too :)

Alaina December 26, 2011 at 8:01 am

What a fun filled Christmas! Mine was great this year! I got the Garmin Forerunner that I wanted! Used it yesterday on my 7 mile run and I loved it!! :-)

Tina December 26, 2011 at 8:20 am

Nice!! Garmins are so great for running!

Lindsay December 26, 2011 at 8:04 am

I don’t know if I could pick just one! We thought Christmas was going to be seriously hard this year, as we are stationed in the far, far away land of S. Korea~ BUT everyone banded together here to make it amazing…our own little family made up of many different families!! Fave parts:
    1. Santa struck on Christmas Eve! The base opened up the mailroom specially for Christmas on a Saturday and 6 care packages from our fam came through just in time!!
    2. Skyping with people from back home
    3. Realizing that though a different kind of Christmas, a wonderful one all the same:)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 26, 2011 at 8:16 am

Awww looks like a great Christmas :D

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 26, 2011 at 8:48 am

How fun! Looks totally awesome–Happy and Merry Christmas to you all :)

Lisa December 26, 2011 at 9:29 am

The best part of my christmas was after everyone left our house and the gathering was over, my husband and I looked at eachother and said “Ahhh…” finally peace! lol that sounds terrible but its true!

Lauren December 26, 2011 at 9:40 am

Looks like you had a great Christmas :-) I enjoyed spending time with my husband and family and relaxing in the afternoon with my favorite dogs!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 26, 2011 at 9:42 am

Haha, I think my brother’s puppy got more presents than any of us! Merry Christmas!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 26, 2011 at 11:13 am

My goodness you had a busy Christmas! We used to give our animals presents all the time when I was younger (usually through my begging to do so) but sort of gave it up as the years went by. We did give a toy to our cat, though!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2011 at 11:55 am

Looks like you had a wonderful day! Merry Christmas Tina!

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine December 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Our dessert table looked just like yours…heaven!

Jessica @Hermoves December 26, 2011 at 2:20 pm

The best part of the day for me was a Christmas day hike with my family and the dogs :) Endorphins can be little Christmas miracles when you’re overloading on family time!

Kelly M December 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm

That looks like a wonderful day! My family calls it Dirty Santa or White Elephant gift exchange..first time I have heard it called Yankee Swap! Interesting

Lauren @ Focused 2 Be Fit December 27, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Spending a whole week with my brother who lives out of town AND my new Canon PowerShot!!!!!

Angela @ The Chicken Scoop December 27, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I just did a picture blog for Christmas too! My favorite part was spending time with family!
    ~Ang

Katie December 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm

My black lab Kedzie received this gift for Christmas and LITERALLY went nuts — http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Stix-Medium-Colors-Vary/dp/B003QHZLSA.

Seeing your post makes me think Murphy would love one as well!

Emily December 31, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!