• Nordstrom Rack Tweet-Up

September 7, 2011

Last night, I had the pleasure of celebrating the opening of the newest Nordstrom Rack location in Burlington, Massachusetts. Shopping, cocktails, and friends on a random Tuesday night? Sounds good to me! Sign me up!

My blog friends, Elizabeth and Bridget, also attended the event. As always, it was great to see them!

IMG_0028 (640x480) (640x480)

The new Nordstrom Rack opens tomorrow (September 8), so a group of bloggers and media folks were invited to attend a tweet-up for a sneak peek at the store.

It was my first ever tweet-up, so I had no idea what to expect. Well, I picked a really good one to attend as my first.

This one involved shopping!

2011-09-07_0712

(Nordstrom Rack gave everyone a gift card to spend!)

2011-09-07_0723

Cocktails!

2011-09-07_0715

And tweeting (naturally).

x2_82272e8 (478x640)

As part of the event, attendees were encouraged to tweet for a chance to win some really great prizes, including a Marc Jacobs bag and other fabulous goodies.

I wanted to win a fancy bag too, so I tweeted the above photo and asked my followers for their opinion on it:

2011-09-07_0700

I’m so glad that I didn’t buy it! LOL! I have no clue when it comes to fashion. Thanks for your help guys!

I ended up trying on a bunch of items at the tweet-up, but I just couldn’t decide— there were so many great options. I guess I’ll just have to visit Nordstrom Rack again to spend it!

Ali @ Ali Runs September 7, 2011 at 7:49 am

What a fun event! I love how helpful Twitter can be sometimes and I LOVE your iphone cover. :)

Molly @ RDexposed September 7, 2011 at 7:50 am

Ooooh those choices look dangerous!

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 7, 2011 at 7:51 am

Looks like a fun event!

You can’t go wrong with shopping and cocktails!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 7, 2011 at 7:51 am

Wow, sounds like a really fun event! I would have been tweeting up a storm because I love Marc Jacobs bags!! Sadly we don’t have Nordstrom Rack here, but it’s one of my absolute musts when I go shopping in the US. Happy gift card spending!

Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted September 7, 2011 at 8:03 am

Hey there’s my tweet! I’ve never been to a Nordstrom Rack specifically but I love the discount stores!

Tina September 7, 2011 at 8:21 am

@Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted: Apparently, Nordstrom Rack has an online store too! ;)

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food September 7, 2011 at 8:16 am

I’m so JEALOUS! :)

Jenn September 7, 2011 at 8:18 am

I have a sweater that’s similar with different woven textures. It’s awful. After a few washes the weaves start to pull apart in some areas and tighten in others making the sweater look ridiculous when you put it on!

Tina September 7, 2011 at 8:20 am

@Jenn: Good to know! I actually thought that when I tried it on. I’m so glad I saved my money!

Ananda September 7, 2011 at 8:24 am

I liked that sweater on the mannequin in the greenish color better.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 7, 2011 at 8:26 am

What a cool event! Sounds like funn :)

Khushboo September 7, 2011 at 8:31 am

What a fun event!! Good call on not buying the the top- doesn’t do you justice!!

Erin September 7, 2011 at 8:36 am

What a blast Teen! I bet they’ll have great jackets and shoessssss this fall

Emily Base September 7, 2011 at 8:37 am

Love love love Nordstrom Rack!! I can always find something there whether it is a dress for a wedding, work out clothes, or something for my husband!

Hope September 7, 2011 at 8:44 am

So jealous! That looked like such a fun event! I really like those display outfits! Super cute! :)

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites September 7, 2011 at 8:46 am

What a fun treat! I know that feeling of being compelled to spend a giftcard right away… but it feels so good to save it so you can shop more thoughtfully on your own time in the future! I used to be very impulsive but now when I shop, I put clothes on hold for a few hours or even one day. I leave the store, do more shopping/go home give it some time and if I think about those items enough then I know I REALLY like/wanted them :-D

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 7, 2011 at 8:51 am

What a fun (and super cool) event! I think shopping can be a great time if I am in the mood for it. Hah ;)

Melissa September 7, 2011 at 8:55 am

I want to go to that event! I love Nordstrom Rack. It looks like they had a lot of cute options. What did you end up with???

Hannah September 7, 2011 at 9:03 am

Cocktails and free clothes? You celebrity you!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 7, 2011 at 9:11 am

Fun! I love your phone cover :)

amy September 7, 2011 at 9:14 am

I love Nordstrom Rack! Sadly the ones near me are never very good, I miss the one in CO =(

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 7, 2011 at 9:16 am

How fun!! Sounds like a perfect night to me!

Britton September 7, 2011 at 9:39 am

How fun would this be?!? I have never heard of a tweet up before!! Great excuse to be with friends and shop!!

Bake a Little September 7, 2011 at 9:40 am

I Love Nordstrom Rack! They have such great deals and it still feels classy and fun!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 7, 2011 at 9:54 am

That sounds fun! Twitter when shopping is like having your own personal shopper(s) with you, it’s great!

Katie @ Plates and Paste September 7, 2011 at 9:54 am

So jealous! That sounds awesome! There’s a Nordstrom Rack about 25 miles away from me, but I’ve never been. I’ve heard they’re not that great, but there’s some cute things in your pics! I’ll have to check it out.

Corrie Anne September 7, 2011 at 9:58 am

How fun! I love Nordstrom Rack! I went to the one in my hood over Labor Day Weekend. They have GREAT shoes!! I think that’s what you should use your fit card on! We wear too many running shoes so we need some cute shoes!! Lol.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

That looks like SO much fun!! Exclusive access to a new store… I don’t think there could be a much better tweetup. Fun times!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 7, 2011 at 10:13 am

What a fun event….all my favorites (shopping, friends, cocktails) all rolled into one!

Katie @ The Purposeful Woman September 7, 2011 at 10:21 am

That sounds like such a blast!!! What a great night :o) Not a big fan of the top either, you look so good in some of the bolder blues and greens…hope you found some fun stuff! How nice that it was free!! ;)

Erin @ The Grass Skirt September 7, 2011 at 10:21 am

I love Nordstrom Rack! One recently opened up near my house, and I managed to score a really nice Coach bag for practically nothing.

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl September 7, 2011 at 10:30 am

Oh my gosh! That sounds like SUCH a fun night! We do not have any Nordstrom Rack’s around here! I am green with envy!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 7, 2011 at 10:37 am

The last time I went shopping with cocktails I ended up with a ninja blender and a pair of orange velour sweatpants. Not good.

Shanna, Like Banana September 7, 2011 at 10:44 am

What a cool event! Next time, invite me and I’ll buy my ticket to fly out ;) Looks like a blast!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 7, 2011 at 10:48 am

thank goodness for twitter! Quick advice from plenty of people!

Alaina September 7, 2011 at 10:52 am

I have got to make it to Nordstrom Rack!! I love those outfits in your pictures! :-)

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 7, 2011 at 10:52 am

Nordstrom Rack is awesome, especially for shoes. Sounds like a great event. I’m a little fashion challenged too.

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

I love having Twitter for situations like that! I usually just send picture messages to my mom and sister (they’ll be honest) but I love using Twitter too!

jamie @ cueyourlife September 7, 2011 at 11:04 am

Great photos! What a fun event…anytime you can get friends, shopping and cocktails together sounds like a great night!

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves September 7, 2011 at 11:16 am

So jealous! I didn’t even know Nordstrom Rack existed!!! I wonder where the closest one to me is?!?

You are a much more sensible shopper than me. I always let gift cards burn a hole in my pocket, and spend them IMMEDIATELY! Especially with all the cute stuff I saw in the pics.

Good luck with winning the Marc Jacobs bag!

Taryn @ TheFitFlosser September 7, 2011 at 11:39 am

Shopping and booze is always a winning combination!
    I’m addicted to the Nordstrom Rack Seattle location.

Hilary September 7, 2011 at 11:40 am

That does sound fun! Ok: dumb question, but how do you find out about tweet-ups (I’m already on twitter, but am not very good at maximizing its potential)?

Tina September 7, 2011 at 11:43 am

@Hilary: For this one, it was an invite-only event, but if you follow your favorite companies/brands on Twitter, you can find out about tweet-ups that way too.

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio September 7, 2011 at 11:41 am

Oh my goodness!!! This looks like so much fun! I love that they gave y’all a gift card too!!

Lara @ TresLaLa September 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Ahhh, this looks fantastic! I would have spent ALL night holed away in the shoe & handbag sections!

Liz September 7, 2011 at 12:39 pm

So fun!!!! Sounds like a perfect Tuesday evening. Glad you had such a great time!

Paula Doherty September 7, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I want your job! Looks like you had tons of fun!

Ash September 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I LOVE Nordstom Rack and I heard a rumor they were coming to the Boston Area! YAY! This is excellent timing for my Barnes and Noble trek this weekend.

Annette | Bucket List Journey September 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Cocktails and shopping sound like the perfect duo, just like ketchup and fries! Sounds like a ton of fun!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) September 8, 2011 at 7:02 am

Cool event… we have a Nordstrom Rack in Houston and it is awesome! You should definitely go back and shop when you have time. Fun that they served you cocktails.