• Cape Wedding: Reception

September 12, 2011

Just in case you missed the first two posts in this series:

Johnny and Alexa’s reception was such a blast! Holy moly. I haven’t had that much fun at a wedding since my own!

After the bride and groom made their grand entrance and did their first dance as a married couple, it was time to eat dinner.

2011-09-12_0808

On the menu: New England clam chowder, spinach salad with goat cheese and dried cranberries, and haddock with black olive tapenade and mashed potatoes. I loved this meal— one of the best I’ve had at a wedding!

2011-09-12_0814

After dinner, there was plenty of singing.

Dancing.

And beer chugging, which was totally Marie’s idea.

2011-09-12_0813

Just kidding. It was mine! ;-)

Awesome wedding! Thanks for including us in your special day, Johnny and Alexa!

Khushboo September 12, 2011 at 8:25 am

MMmm I could do with some wedding cake right now!

Cait's Plate September 12, 2011 at 8:30 am

LOVE the cake. And the last pictures? I mean, isn’t that how any good wedding reception goes?? ;)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 12, 2011 at 8:33 am

This looks like so much fun!!!

katie @ KatieDid September 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Awesome cake, and it looks like such a great night. You looked stunning in that dress! Where is it from??

Tina September 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

@katie @ KatieDid: White House | Black Market.

Molly @ RDexposed September 12, 2011 at 8:46 am

Bahahah. Thanks for confessing!

Hannah September 12, 2011 at 8:47 am

Bahaha! Awesome cake!!

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl September 12, 2011 at 8:51 am

I am OBSESSED with all things nautical! That cake is my DREAM! Oh. My. Gosh. I need to get re-married just so I can steal that idea!

It looks like you had a blast! I love weddings!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 12, 2011 at 8:52 am

The dancing part is MY favorite part of any reception. SO fun :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 12, 2011 at 8:56 am

That meal sounds delicious! Starting with clam chowder is a great idea.

I’m glad you had fun!

Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real September 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

It looked like such a fun wedding! We are past the wedding season in our life (most of our friends are already married), so I miss going to fun weddings with lots of drinking and dancing. Thanks for posting pictures so I can live vicariously through your.
    So why, exactly, did you have to be on one knee to chug your beer?

Tina September 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

@Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real: LOL! I have no idea. I think that was my idea too! :)

Paige September 12, 2011 at 9:03 am

Omg I love that cake!! How fitting for the locale:)

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life September 12, 2011 at 9:05 am

That dance floor looks packed! But I think those last couple pictures say it all…definitely looks like a blast of a wedding. :)

Mer @mersworld September 12, 2011 at 9:11 am

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding with fun had by all! Who doesn’t need some beer chugging to end a wedding reception?!

Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 12, 2011 at 9:13 am

What a cute cake!!

I love that ya’ll are chugging in formal wear…classy and fun!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me September 12, 2011 at 9:13 am

What fun! I love that you guys are all glamored up and you’re chugging beer. LOL. I went to a wedding this weekend too. It was fun but the timing was totally messed up. We didn’t eat dinner until 9:45!

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy September 12, 2011 at 9:15 am

Love the cake! Looks like you guys had fun!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 12, 2011 at 9:19 am

Such a gorgeous reception! Lots of good eats :)

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 12, 2011 at 9:23 am

Gorgeous cake! I love weddings!! Glad you had a great time

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 12, 2011 at 9:32 am

Beer chugging, I love it! Super classy ;) That cake is awesome with the anchor on it.

Shawna September 12, 2011 at 9:41 am

loooove the anchor cake! my bff is a pastry chef and i’m totally going to ask her to make me a cake w/ an anchor. :)

Emily September 12, 2011 at 9:56 am

A gorgeous wedding and I love the New England/Cape Cod theme :)

Marie September 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

We are SO classy!!!!!!

Hope September 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

Looks like such a fun wedding! :) I love the theme!

Meghan @ Carman Clan September 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

That cake is so cute! Looks like it was a good time had by all!!

Katy @ HaveYouHurd September 12, 2011 at 10:13 am

Ha! Love the face chug pics. Awesome. Were her colors navy and orange? Those were my wedding colors! I LOVE WEDDINGS!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 12, 2011 at 10:25 am

you know people are having a good time when the beer chugging begins! That cake was adorable! Glad everyone had such a great time!

Tracy@keepingitallrunningsmoothly.com September 12, 2011 at 10:32 am

Love all the pics looks like an awesome time and glad you got to unplug for a couple days

Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 12, 2011 at 10:56 am

I was AWESOME at beer chugging in college. I think I would suck now. This is sad.

Corrie Anne September 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

Looks like an awesome celebration. The theme was really well done & looks like you definitely had fun!

brooke September 12, 2011 at 11:20 am

I had a similar wedding theme and cake! LOVE IT!!! Was this wedding in Chatham? That’s my favorite place :) !!

Cara @ EAT.PRAY.RUN. September 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm

The nautical theme is SO cute for a summer wedding. Looks like it was a wonderful celebration!

Alaina September 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Looks like SO much fun!!! I cannot wait for my friends wedding. :-)

Shannon@HungryGazelle September 12, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I’m in love with the theme of this wedding… and the beer chugging :)

Brittney September 12, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Ah, my cousin had her reception there! That place is so nice! I stayed at the resort actually :) The church in your previous post actually might be the same one she got married in too- she’s from Chatham and it looks the same as what I remember!

Lara @ TresLaLa September 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm

What’s the deal with chugging on one knee? I might have to implement that at our next house party! Makes for great photos!

Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Lol, the beer chugging pics cracked me up!

Looks like everyone had a blast!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio September 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I love the beer chugging! Why on one knee though?

The cake is super cute too! I love the rope going down the side of the cake.

Kelly September 12, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I love those center pieces!!

Nicole @ Giraffelegs September 12, 2011 at 2:39 pm

the cake is awesome!!! love the anchor!

Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes September 13, 2011 at 7:30 am

Oh my goodness that looks dangerous but fun. I have to sharpen my beer chugging skills. I used to be a pro, but I’ve fallen off!
    So glad you had an awesome time :)

Athena September 13, 2011 at 4:32 pm

That beer chugging picture reminds me of my girlfriends and I in college! We used to call that “taking a knee” and have several different renditions of that picture! I love it :)

alexa o'brien September 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I have to say this is my favorite post- maybe I’m just biased loved it!!! you take great photos. Glad you and Mal had fun!