• Cape Wedding: Ceremony & Cocktail Hour

September 11, 2011

Apparently, I took A LOT of photos this weekend, so here’s the first of two posts from our wedding weekend on Cape Cod.

The ceremony was held at a beautiful church on Main Street in downtown Chatham. I honestly don’t think there could have been a more perfect venue for it.

2011-09-11_1653

Neither the bride or groom seemed nervous at all during their vows. You could tell that they are really in love.

Wahoo! Just married!

A reception at the Wequassett immediately followed the ceremony.

I loved, loved, loved the beach theme for the reception!

I loved it so much, it sort of makes me want to get married again (to Mal, of course) just so I could I can plan a beachy reception of my own.

2011-09-11_1650

During the cocktail hour, I enjoyed a couple of drinks and bunch of passed apps.

2011-09-11_1657

Relax and chatted with friends.

And took advantage of the beautiful scenery for some outdoor photos.

And then things got silly with the photos!

IMG_0102

2011-09-11_1700

IMG_0128

More to come! I love weddings!

Natalie S. September 12, 2011 at 1:02 am

You and Mal are absolutely too adorable in that last pic

Khushboo September 12, 2011 at 2:05 am

Haha that last picture of u and Mal is classic- defo frame-worthy! I love the idea of message in a bottle!

tiffany @texan on the run September 12, 2011 at 2:18 am

you are so pretty!!!

Lara @TresLaLa September 12, 2011 at 2:44 am

Ack! Jealous of their bagpiper! My hubby’s uncle plays, and played them at a cousin’s wedding, and after we were married, he played them at my BIL’s wedding. But he couldn’t make it to ours! Bummed!
    PS: LOVE your shoes!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 12, 2011 at 4:37 am

What a gorgeous location! And the perfect day for it :)

janiek September 12, 2011 at 8:14 am

Oh i love that theme! Especially the message in the bottle thing! That dress looks great on you. Gotta love a little black dress right?!

Lindsay@bikingbeforebed September 12, 2011 at 8:15 am

I love the starfish sitting cards! What a creative idea. Also I applaud your photograhy skills to successfully get everyone off the ground in the jumping shot. That is so hard to do.

Cait's Plate September 12, 2011 at 8:29 am

Oh my gosh the outdoor shots are just absolutely incredible – and you look PHENOMENAL!!! Seriously – I know I said it last night but some things are worth repeating!

Manuel Antonio wedding destination September 12, 2011 at 8:43 am

Awesome pics.Looks like you have enjoyed a lot. Even the resort in the pics is to good.I love beach side weddings.

Jamie @ getalivingsense September 12, 2011 at 8:56 am

You look so pretty Tina! That dress is so flattering, and I’m loving the goofy pics of you and Mal! :)

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy September 12, 2011 at 9:16 am

Great pictures! Looks like a fabulous time. I love the theme, and the venue!

crista September 12, 2011 at 9:50 am

Love the pics!!! And you look great, your Little Black Dress is awesome!!!

Lauren September 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

Looks like a lovely wedding. Absolutely love your dress – looks beautiful!

Lauren September 12, 2011 at 11:33 am

The last photo of you and Mal cracked me up. Reminds me of the silly photos I take at weddings. (Recently an air guitar series of photos surfaced from a friends wedding!)

Laura @ Unchartered 20s September 12, 2011 at 11:52 am

That venue looks gorgeous!!! You and Mal are so cute! haha

Grace September 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Great post :D
    I love the little black dress Tina, you look fabulous!

Beth B. September 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I could feel myself relaxing just looking at the scenery from the wedding!!! That seriously looks like the cutest wedding ever!!!

Erin @ vie balance September 14, 2011 at 6:21 am

I love weddings! Each time I go to one, I have the same reaction as you and turn to my husband and ask when we can get married again just so I can plan another wedding :) Their cake looks amazing! I love the design – very unique. I definitely would not mind having to do cake tastings all over again ;)

Ali @ Ali Runs September 14, 2011 at 8:38 am

I love weddings! And I definitely love the idea of a beachy theme! :)

rita @ busylittlebeaver September 15, 2011 at 9:25 am

I love that last picture of you and Mal. You both look great and I think it shows just how much fun the two of you have together. Definitely frame-worthy :)