• Back on My Feet "Sneaker Week"

September 16, 2011

November 14th through the 18th is National Homeless and Hunger Awareness WeekBack on My Feet (BoMF) is excited to be launching its first nation-wide campaign during this week to raise its first $1 million from a single campaign as well as to promote social change around the perception of homelessness.

SW

Being a part of BoMF’s national Sneaker Week is easy. All you need to do is sign up your company to participate and encourage your colleagues to wear sneakers to work for a $5 donation to the organization. BoMF will send you wristbands and stickers to give out to each participant. Just fill out the form at the bottom of this page, and BoMF will be in touch!

BoMF operates in seven different markets: Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and Indianapolis. All the money raised in these cities will go to support local BoMF operations. Money coming from other cities will go toward BoMF’s expansion efforts for 2012.

Molly @ RDexposed September 16, 2011 at 6:45 am

I love this idea. I’m not sure how I’d look in dress pants, a white lab coat, and sneakers though. hahha

Erika - The Teenage Taste September 16, 2011 at 7:12 am

Such a great idea. Plus we all know sneakers are 10x more comfy that work shoes! :-P

Lynda @ healthy hoboken girl September 16, 2011 at 7:22 am

Sneakers to work = happy feet!! Sounds like a wonderful idea…hope to see it in NYC!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 16, 2011 at 7:37 am

Great idea — I hope it is as successful as they hope!

Cait's Plate September 16, 2011 at 7:57 am

LOVE this idea!!

Alison (peaches and football) September 16, 2011 at 8:35 am

This is a great idea! I hope lots of companies allow this.

Emily September 16, 2011 at 8:37 am

I am totally looking into joining this in Dallas! I just spent some time on the website and it really moved me. I know you have been doing it for a while now and I have read about it on the blog, but I had not really taken the time to look into it. I know running for me is a sense of accomplishment and in a way, something I can control when everything else is crazy. I know I can always run. I can see how this would be helpful to someone. I hope to go to an orientation meeting soon!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 16, 2011 at 8:42 am

OKay what a cool idea–and that is the week of my birthday, to boot! WAhooo :)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 16, 2011 at 8:46 am

perfect excuse to wear sneakers 24/7!!!!

VeggieGirl September 16, 2011 at 9:07 am

Wish I could wear sneakers to work but I’m in a suit only type of job :(

katie @ KatieDid September 16, 2011 at 9:19 am

I’m an intern at a company in the corporate wellness department and have been looking for an idea for a project or program to initiate. This looks like a fun idea and a really awesome cause too, I’m definitely going to look for into it.