• Today’s Highlights

August 16, 2011

We just finished an intense game of badminton, so now everyone is showering and getting ready for dinner, so I figured I’d throw together a quick post with today’s highlights.

Here’s my favorite photo of the day:

It’s not everyday that you get to ride a huge metal gorilla with your husband!

Today, we also visited the Scargo Tower, which was much smaller in person than I expected, but it was still a cool landmark to see.

We saw some beautiful views of the Cape from the top of it.

After checking out the tower, we went to play mini golf, which was a fantastic idea. Mini golf rules.

The place was super duper crowded. Check out the line waiting at Hole 1!

Once we started playing, the wait for the other holes wasn’t nearly as long. It actually moved right along.

Ok, this might be my new favorite photo of Mal and me. Yep, we act 5 years old sometimes.

Snack

After mini golf, we got soft serve ice cream. Delish.

Dessert before lunch is totally acceptable on vacation, right? Yep, I thought so.

Lunch

For lunch, we did make-your-own-sandwiches using cold cuts, veggies, and condiments from the fridge. I made a turkey wrap with greens, barbeque sauce, and Doritos.

I also ate a few cookies with lunch. Extra dessert on vacation is also totally acceptable, right? Ok, good.

Time for a glass of wine before dinner. Enjoy the night, guys!

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine August 17, 2011 at 3:42 am

Giant gorillas RULE! :)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 17, 2011 at 4:44 am

I love crazy golf!

Looks like you’re having a great time :)

Katy August 17, 2011 at 7:49 am

Hi Tina! I am a new read to Carrots n’ Cake and I have to tell you I LOVE IT! I’m actually a new reader to all food blogs and I’ve become a little obsessed :) My dream is to one day start my own blog, but I’m still doing “research” so I can get it just the way I want it when that day comes!

Anyway, just thought I should note that extra dessert and Doritos are ABSOLUTELY acceptable on vacay! Also, I too have a husband that loves posing with inanimate objects…especially gorillas. It’s nice to know I’m not alone on that!

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl August 17, 2011 at 7:57 am

For some reason my husband always calls in “Goonie Golf.” I have NO idea why? I think it has something to do with a St. Louis thing. I always forget how much fun mini golf can be!

I also fully support your dessert rules on vacation! One must always have extra dessert! :)

Jane @ Jane's Addictions August 17, 2011 at 8:21 am

That’s an awesome mini-golf corse, no wonder the wait was long. I think we tend to picture towers to be really large. We were very surprised to see how small leaning tower of Pisa was as well. Good to see towers with you own two eyes rather than just pictures.

Sarah@The Flying ONION August 17, 2011 at 8:35 am

Haha, these pictures are so silly and fun…love ‘em!! What a great vacation, so far! :D

Molly @ RDexposed August 17, 2011 at 8:35 am

I feel like that’d be hard to climb. We had a bull in my hometown that was >6 feet tall and required teamwork to saddle up.

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me August 17, 2011 at 8:56 am

lol love the picture of you and mal. So cute!

Sami August 17, 2011 at 8:58 am

you & mal are so adorable. glad you guys are having a blast on vacay!

Liz August 17, 2011 at 9:29 am

Looks like you all are having a great vacation on Cape Cod! I think it’s great that you & Mal went on a trip with your family :)

Sara @my less serious life August 17, 2011 at 9:30 am

Dairy Queen! I have been craving Dairy Queen for over a week now ever since my most recent road trip where I saw repeated billboards advertising its goodness. Your post reminded me – I must fulfill this craving! And yes, extra dessert on vacation is acceptable and encouraged.

-Sara-

Ali @ Ali Runs August 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

I’m on vacation in Florida and we just played mini golf yesterday!! I havent played in forever and forgot how fun it can be! Love the picture of you and Mal! :)

Hannah Hawley August 17, 2011 at 11:39 am

Yay! I love Scargo Tower! Did you notice that Scargo Pond looks a bit like a goldfish?

Beth Walsh September 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I was just wondering where you got the striped Nike hoodie in these pictures. I love it!