• The Happiest Dog on Earth

August 26, 2011

Doesn’t this face just say it all? I swear, I own the happiest dog on earth.

_MG_3062 (500x333)

I love Murphy’s big, dopey grin. It always makes me smile.

Lunch: Part I

I split lunch into two parts today. I ate the first part before my workout and the second part after it. I hate exercising on an empty stomach, so I ate a little something to hold me over. But, I knew a piece of bruschetta wouldn’t cut it for lunch, so I added a second mini meal later on.

Bruschetta leftovers from last night

_MG_3028 (500x333) (500x333)

At the gym, I divided my workout into three parts:

I love splitting my gym time into smaller workouts. It keeps things interesting and encourages me to work hard for those shorter periods of time. I mean, the thought of pushing myself for 20 minutes is a lot less overwhelming than the thought of a longer 60-minute workout. I also feel like I get a better workout by mixing it up and giving different muscles some action.

Lunch: Part II

After the gym, I whipped up a Blueberry-Coffee Smoothie. The flavor combo might sound a little strange, but it was really delicious.

_MG_3049 (500x333) (500x333)

In the mix:

Mal and I are going boating with our friends tonight. We’ve gotta take advantage of summer as long as we can!

Happy Friday, guys!

Caitlin August 26, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Hi! Just commenting to de-lurk, actually. I left a comment on another blog and realized, “Holy moly! I haven’t commented on any of the heathy living blogs!” which wouldn’t be a big deal if I hadn’t been reading for, uh, months.

Anyway, thank you for all the hard work you put into CNC! and thanks for the pug pics. 😉

Tina August 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm

@Caitlin: Awww, you’re welcome! Thanks for visiting CNC! :)

Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration August 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm

One happy puppy! :)
    Love the pug pics- cute photo editing, I love making colors pop.

erica August 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

murphy is so cute!
    happy national dog day to him!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 26, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Oh he is SO cute!

Photo editing is the bomb–I love playing around with it—but it is SO addicting! hah.

Have fun boating!

Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 26, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Murphy makes me miss my family pug, but I get to see her tonight when I drive to my parent’s house!! woohoo!

I love the blueberry-coffee combo, tried and true in my blender 😉

Ali @ Ali Runs August 26, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I love your pics of Murphy! They always put me in such a good mood- I can only imagine what it would be like to live with him. :)

Tina August 27, 2011 at 4:11 pm

@Ali @ Ali Runs: Haha! Every day is an adventure! :)

Annette | Bucket List Journey August 26, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Puppy Love! I used to have a pug named Smoosh & that photo brings back all of the great memories of my pooch. Even though she was a devious little booger most of the time.

Lara @ TresLaLa August 26, 2011 at 6:11 pm

You have a Toddy Cold Brew system, right? (I think that’s where I got the recommendation to get one…) Can you help me to understand how you fit that whole thing in your fridge? The carafe + the plastic thingy is a bit much… (and what I mean by that, is it doesn’t work!) Am I doing it wrong?

Lara @ TresLaLa August 26, 2011 at 8:06 pm

@Lara @ TresLaLa: Never mind… I’m an idiot. Just re-read the instructions. It’s all good. First coffee brewing as we “speak”.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I hope you’re not in Irene’s path – going boating while expecting a hurricane might not be the best decision. 😉

Hillary August 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I do the same thing when I work out; sometimes I’ll break my cardio into three or four parts just to keep myself moving!

Erika @ The Teenage Taste August 26, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Awwwww, that would make Murphy the cutest dog on Earth AND the happiest dog on Earth! 😛

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen August 26, 2011 at 6:25 pm

OMG – Iced coffee + Greek yogurt in a smoothie? I think I know what my post-run snack will be tomorrow. Genius!

Molly @ RDexposed August 26, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Hope Murphy gets to put his floaties onboard!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 26, 2011 at 6:34 pm

so jealous of boating! That’s something I miss about South Carolina, have fun!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 26, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Haha Murphy is truly such a cutie. Blueberry-Coffee smoothie…does sound like an interesting combo, but I’ll take your word for it! 😉 Have fun boating…I’m just a little jealous!

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. August 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Happy Friday to you too! Boating sounds spectacular :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 26, 2011 at 7:07 pm

The 1st pic is just AWESOME!

Murphy is quite the little Perfect Poser :)

Tina August 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm

@Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga: It’s all about the doggie treats! :)

Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 26, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I really like the idea of two meals for lunch. Feels like you’re eating more, but you’re really not.

BTW – That plate you used for the bruschetta is gorgeous!

Tina August 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm

@Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled: Thanks! I just bought it at Marshall’s the other day! :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 26, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Murphy is a very happy dog and I know he makes y’all very happy!

Have a blast tonight!

Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart August 26, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Murphy is happy because he has such great owners! Have fun boating!

katie @ KatieDid August 26, 2011 at 8:25 pm

ohh evening boat rides bring back the best childhood memories at my lake house. We always cruised around after dinner just before the sun set. Have fun!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 26, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I heart Murphy! I have a pug too, & you’re right… they are THE happiest dogs!

lynn @ the actor's diet August 26, 2011 at 9:17 pm

our dogs are so freaking lucky!

Erin August 26, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I think i’ll have to try this blueberry coffee combo. Sounds yummy and interesting!

Kristy August 26, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Thank you for always posting photos of Murphy. He honestly brightens my day every day. My boyfriend laughs at me because I’m always making him look at photos and I’m genuinely excited. I’ve never seen a dog with such personality. I see so many pugs walking around NYC. None of them are ever as adorable as Murphy.

Tina August 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm

@Kristy: Yay!!! :)

Hilary August 26, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Summer days…they are going to be gone far too soon!!!! :( :(

Cait's Plate August 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I love his grin too – it also makes me smile :) I’m seriously obsessed with Murphy -he’s the best pug ever.

lynda @ healthy hoboken girl August 26, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Wishing you, Mal and of course Murphy a save wkend with the hurricane coming. Be safe & have fun! I really like the idea of breaking up workouts into 3 x 20mins. Might have to give it a try, thanks!

Hannah August 26, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Coffee works with EVERYTHING. I’m in!

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking August 26, 2011 at 11:57 pm

murphy is such a cute dog… he is so happy! hope you are getting ready for Irene,… i’m scared out of my mind!

Lola August 27, 2011 at 12:33 am
    Tina August 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm

@Lola: Nope, not me. My last name is Haupert! 😉

Khushboo August 27, 2011 at 12:56 am

I wanna trade lives with Murphy!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 27, 2011 at 12:57 am

bruschetta + cheese looks amazing! I’ve never done that but I guess it would end up tasting a lot like pizza, which is never a bad thing!

Laura August 27, 2011 at 5:39 am

I just realized that I’ve been following your work-outs in a complete different speed! For you 4mph it’s not the same as 4 km/h for me!!! Will keep this in mind for the next time :)
    Have a nice weekend Tina!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 27, 2011 at 6:01 am

I love that dogs can smile :)

Great idea splitting up your workout like that – I often do that too.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 27, 2011 at 7:22 am

I love that plate!! Its really pretty :)

liz August 27, 2011 at 10:59 am

What an ADORABLE picture of Murphy. Kind of iconic too! I love the treatment you did to the photo to keep the chair he’s in blue and the background black and white.

Grace August 27, 2011 at 11:54 am