• Sweet Ending on Cape Cod

August 19, 2011

Wah. I’m so sad that our Cape vacation is over. The week went by much too quickly, but at least it had a sweet ending.

Before Erin and Mike left to head home, we stopped by the Cape Cod Creamery for some ice cream. We treated the pugs to some soft serve, which seemed like an ice cream eating contest as soon as we gave it to them. They chowed it down like mad dogs.

Surprisingly, Ping won. Who knew that little pug could house ice cream like that!?!

Even though Murphy lost, he didn’t seem too upset. He acknowledged that met his eating match.

I treated myself to a Cape Cod Kit Kat ice cream, which was chocolate ice cream with pieces of Kit Kat throughout. Holy yum.

Once we finished eating our ice cream, we took advantage of the adorable Adirondack chairs outside the creamery to snap some family photos.

The sweetest part (literally) about our vacation to Cape Cod was visiting PB Boulangerie in Wellfleet. If you visit the Cape, this is a must-do, especially for the dessert lovers.

There was a huge line outside the bakery when we arrived, but the wait was well worth it. (By night, PB Boulangerie a bistro that serves dinner. Rumor has it that you need to make a reservation at least a week in advance to get a table!)

Mal and I shared a Croque Monsieur.

And a Chocolate-Almond Croissant (AMAZING!!!) and a Raspberry Croissant.

We pretty much stuffed our faces.

I wish I could fully explain how amazing everything tasted at PB Boulangerie. As soon as Mal and I finished eating, we seriously considered getting back in line to buy more goodies to take home with us. It was that delicious.

Seriously, if you’re on the Cape, make sure you visit PB Boulangerie. You won’t regret it.

Brandi August 19, 2011 at 11:01 am

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! :) I probably would have got in line a second time as well. :) Have a safe trip home!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food August 19, 2011 at 11:02 am

I’m so glad that I don’t live too far away so that I can check this out, sounds AMAZING! :)

Balancing Sylvia August 19, 2011 at 11:05 am

I most def would have got in line a second time. It looks like my kinda place. You know … the dessert kind :) Glad ya’ll had such a great time! Oh and I loved that line of Adirondack chairs. Very cute

Hillary August 19, 2011 at 11:07 am

Little french bakeries are one of my favorite things ever. There’s one here in Baltimore that makes the BEST croissants!

The Teenage Taste August 19, 2011 at 11:13 am

Glad you two had a fabulous vacation! Those croissants look delicious! :-D

Mary (Sisters Running the Kitchen) August 19, 2011 at 11:14 am

I visited Cape Cod last fall with my boyfriend and we rode our bikes on the bike trail right at PB Boulangerie. After biking, we stopped in and ate our faces off we were so hungry!!!!! There was even a long line in the fall. It was absolutely delicious though…definitely one of the best french pastry shops that I have ever been too. I can’t wait to go back!!!!!

Lolly August 19, 2011 at 11:18 am

I ride my bike there on the rail trail from Eastham, stuff my face as well, and then ride back home feeling like the bike ride helps balance out the glorious gluttony.

I haven’t eaten at the bistro yet but it is on my to-do list for the Fall when things chill a bit there.

Glad you liked! I have yet to go Truro Vineyards, also on the to-do list!

lynn @ the actor's diet August 19, 2011 at 11:28 am

your cape vacay has been really wonderful to “watch”

Stacy @ Stacy Eats August 19, 2011 at 11:32 am

Yum those pastries look good!

Angela @ The Chicken Scoop August 19, 2011 at 11:33 am

I am just drooling over all the delicious looking breads along the wall! And that ice cream looks amazing! Ok, seriously, I need to concentrate on my healthy lunch now!!!
    Glad you had a nice trip!
    ~Ang

Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 19, 2011 at 11:34 am

Kit Kats were my favorite candy bars when I was a kid. Putting them in ice cream sounds so good!
    Have loved reading all about the sweet treats you’ve been indulging in. Yummy!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 19, 2011 at 11:39 am

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you had fun :)

Alaina August 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

Ah, pastries are my weakness! :-P That definitely looks like a spot where I would feel like a kid in a candy store.

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Ping is so teeny tiny!

It’s so great that you had a good time – looks like a great place for a vacation :)

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites August 19, 2011 at 12:04 pm

yay! What a great ending to your vacation! We are trying to plan a trip up to Coast Guard beech in a few weeks and PB Boulangerie is not too far from there. We will definitely have to check it out!!

betsy August 19, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I was at the boulangerie in June and there was not a soul there! Look at that insane line, wow! I will say their bread is fantastic, I can imagine their treats are as well…

kristen (inspiredbydooce) August 19, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Hmmm- I should consider Cape Cod one of these days for vacation. It looks gorgeous! (and I really isn’t THAT far from Montreal…)

I’m glad you had such a great time!

Meg August 19, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Ah your vacation looks amazing! I really hope that I am able to get back down the Cape one more time before summer is over! It is nice that we are having a few hot days again, I was beginning to feel like Summer was behind us…

Sara August 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm

i worked in a French bakery and the chocolate almond croissants were my family’s favorite…miss them ;( looks like an awesome end to the vacation!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm

mmmm that all looks super delish! Great tasting food MUST be shared :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat August 19, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Yum, that places looks and sounds amazing! Murphy is so cute :)

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine August 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Mmmmm pastries. You can’t go wrong with that ;)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 19, 2011 at 4:33 pm

You know you’ve found an amazing place when the line is out the door and around the corner! Always worth the wait!

sue August 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Murphy was savoring his soft serve!

Amy @ ahealthyandhappyheart August 19, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I love soft serve! Murphy is a gem xoxo

Katie @ Plates and Paste August 19, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Yum! Looks amazing…I have yet to try a Croque Monsieur.

Hannah August 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Chocolate-almond croissant! Oh my heavens!

Khushboo August 20, 2011 at 2:24 am

Before I cared about my health/nutrition etc, I used to eat a kit kit chunky daily!!…which explains why I am all over that ice cream!

laine August 20, 2011 at 9:58 am

If you ever do the Dennis to Wellfleet bike trail ride (and back) the PB is a wonderful place to stop and buy an olive bread to fuel your ride back to Dennis. I did this ride (ended up being 49 miles) the day before my 39th birthday and the cappuncino and olive bread were the high light of the day.

Daisy August 20, 2011 at 9:46 pm

i loveeeee PB Boulangerie. I concur, a must visit if you’ve vacationing / venturing to the lower cape.