• Good Deal

August 17, 2011

Hi, there! Just checking in with a quick blog post while everyone gets ready to go out for ice cream. (As you can see, I’ve mastered speed blogging on this vacation!)

After breakfast this morning, my mom, sister, and I headed to the Sandwich Flea Market to do a little shopping. Growing up, the three of us used to hit up flea markets and yard sales all of the time, so it was fun for us to do together again today.

We didn’t arrive at the flea market until almost 11:00, when the vendors started packing up, so we only spent about an hour wandering around, but we still found some good deals.

My sister scored this fun bangle bracelet:

And I found a $3 Liz Claiborne bag! I talked the seller down from $5. Booyah.

I also bought Murphy a new stuffed dog toy for $0.25. What a deal. He loved it!

After the flea market, we stopped by Ocean State Job Lot, where we found some more good deals. I picked up a box of Nature’s Path granola and a big bag of quinoa, which was 10 X cheaper than Whole Foods.

Lunch

On the car ride home, I ate about half of the box of granola. It was just so delicious!

At home, I mixed some more granola with plain Greek yogurt and banana slices. I also drank another iced coffee with soy milk. Breakfast for lunch? Yes, please.

Workout

After lunch, I headed out for an easy 3-mile run. I didn’t want to get lost in our new neighborhood, so I ran 1.5 miles away from the house and then 1.5 miles back the same way home. It worked. I didn’t get lost.

IMG_0614 (500x373)It

Then, I took my first outdoor shower of the vacation. Love it.

Heading out to get ice cream before dinner. I <3 vacation!

P.S. Check out this skydiving pug!!!

meghan n August 17, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I love that granola, too! Looks like a great day and I am happy that you finally got some sunshine rather than rain and clouds!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm

While I hate garage sales, I absolutely love flea markets. You can find such unique things there.

Tracy @ Commit To Fit August 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I love flea markets! Nothing feels better than scoring a great deal :)

Gillian August 17, 2011 at 10:59 pm

flea markets are the BEST. i am also loving the cold cuts galore on this trip- ive been obsessed with deli turkey for a while now… cant get enough of that stuff

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 17, 2011 at 11:38 pm

What a fun flea market!!! And no rain, YAY! I hope the ice cream was awesome!!

Khushboo August 18, 2011 at 12:50 am

Awesome find with the bag….especially the price!!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 18, 2011 at 4:24 am

I love breakfast for lunch! It’s my favourite meal of the day so why restrict it to the morning :)

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins August 18, 2011 at 7:18 am

I love Ocean State Job Lot. It’s always exciting to score something there, because its invariably cheap and unexpected – double whammy of awesomeness!

I do the same ‘out-and-back’ thing with running when I’m in an unfamiliar place :) Kiiinda sorta boring, but I soo don’t trust my directional abilities enough to run a fun windy course.

Allie August 18, 2011 at 7:35 am

I love the idea of an outdoors shower. I think its a little cold in Scotland though to make that practical!

Kate August 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

Hope you are having a great time in the Cape!! I grew up in Eastham. If you guys are looking for a great place to grab a drink…try the beachcomber. Its a far ride if you are not near the outer cape but a beautiful little bar.

Molly @ RDexposed August 18, 2011 at 7:59 am

The question is, what to do with the $2 saved? More candy from the candy store?

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me August 18, 2011 at 8:10 am

Looks like a fun time. Vacations are the best!

Hannah Hawley August 18, 2011 at 8:20 am

Totally jealous of your outside shower! I use the one at my family’s cottage even in late October.

Great finds at the flea market. Love the bag!

Anna August 18, 2011 at 8:31 am

I LOVE outdoor showers…they remind me of beach vacations on Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks…ahhh…It is the little things. So jealous!

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 18, 2011 at 10:28 am

OMG nothing beats an outdoor shower down the cape during the summertime!!!

Laura @ Unchartered 20s August 18, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Outdoor shower?!?! eek!! lol i love that Murphy is waiting his turn :)

Traci August 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing vacation. I had to laugh when you said “easy 3 mi. run”. I’m on Week 1, day 3 of C25K & I can’t imagine a 3mi run ever being easy!!!

Amanda @ Running On Waffles August 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I totally have that same pig cutting board! It was my boyfriend’s and at first I thought it was ridiculous but now I think it’s adorable and love that we have it!

Kristin August 19, 2011 at 12:33 am

Aww I wish I was back in the Cape! Hope you guys are having a great time! :)