• Chobani Kitchen Event & Hummus Kitchen

July 19, 2011

This afternoon, I had the pleasure of attending a lovely blogger brunch hosted by Chobani. We tasted a bunch of delicious foods made with Chobani yogurt, and then Chef Jason, the Chobani Kitchen Executive Chef, shared a number of his favorite recipes and demonstrated how to cook an easy, cheesy frittata.

On the menu:

I tried—and loved—all of the different menu items. Each one was so tasty, and I’m excited to make them at home myself very soon.

Strawberry Scones (You can use any flavor of Chobani to make these!)

Cranberry Oatmeal Bars

Baked French Toast

IMG_0010 (500x375) IMG_0011 (500x375)

Chobani Parfait

Apparently, Theordora is the newest employee of Carrots ‘N’ Cake. I told her I’d give her the same deal as I give my pug intern: look cute for photos and I will feed you. Of course, she agreed.

After mixing, mingling, and sampling delicious eats, it was time for the cooking demonstration by Chef Jason. He showed us how to make a “Chottata” using Chobani 2% yogurt, veggies, and melted cheddar and Gruyere cheese on top.

IMG_0022 (500x375) IMG_0025 (500x375)

Chef Jason beat the Chobani right into the eggs. I love this idea! I would have never thought to add yogurt to eggs, but it makes perfect sense.

The Chotatta tasted amazing! It was light, flavorful, and delicious. The melted cheese was a fabulous addition.

Theodora and Amie!

With Jess!

Bloggers with Chef Jason!

Chef Jason talked about a ton of his favorite Chobani recipes and mentioned that a bunch of new ones will be added to the website in the coming months. He also may have said something about a recipe for Blue Cheese Alfredo. Holy yum!

After the event, Theodora and I were hungry for lunch, so we went to Hummus Kitchen for a bite to eat.

I ordered the Sampler Platter, which came with hummus, falafel, beets, green tahini, oven-roasted cauliflower, bureka, and a whole white pita. Tasting plates rule.

After lunch, I grabbed an iced coffee with soy milk from Starbucks (because I have an iced coffee addiction).

I’m heading back to Boston in a little bit. I can’t believe my trip is already over. Wah. I guess I just need to visit again soon!

Alyssa (The Other One) July 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Yummy!
    (Oh, and I want a pug intern, too.)

Margo @ peanut butter trees July 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm

All the chobani things look awesome! And mmm hummus tasting plate.. jealous

VeggieGIrl July 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm

A Chobani event?!! WOW!! That would be a little bit of heaven for me, I LOOOOOOOVE their yogurt!!!

katie @ KatieDid July 19, 2011 at 11:45 pm

ohh greek food is hands down my favorite, that tasting plate looks like heaven to me especially that green tahini… very intriguing. The trip was quick! Glad you had a great time though.

Nicole July 19, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Hummus Kitchen looks awesome! I have been meaning to try it since it is right around the block from my apartment, and you were definitely at the Starbucks on 9th I go to all the time! I can tell by the pictures haha its weird but very cool to see it your famous blog!!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons July 20, 2011 at 12:58 am

chobatta! ahahaha love it! I beat coconut milk into my eggs…why not chobani!? totally going to try this.. I suspect most of blog land will! =)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 20, 2011 at 3:43 am

Yum! Those parfaits look adorable.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers July 20, 2011 at 5:48 am

What a cool event. Looks like a fun (and tasty) time!

Khushboo July 20, 2011 at 6:30 am

That looks like my dream event, I love yogurt!

Alaina July 20, 2011 at 7:14 am

Chobani is the best. I am definitely going to have to try the chobani in eggs! I’m sure my roommate would love that too. :-)

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me July 20, 2011 at 7:51 am

I’m still thinking about that blue cheese alfredo you mentioned! I’d be all over that, esp when all the other food looks so yummy!

Hope July 20, 2011 at 9:24 am

Wow, that event looks awesome! What an amazing opportunity!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life July 20, 2011 at 9:50 am

That looks so fun! :)

Bake a Little July 20, 2011 at 10:10 am

The Cranberry Oatmeal Bars look heavenly! Isn’t Hummus Kitchen amazing. Its one of my favorite places in the city for a quite bite :)

The Healthy Apple July 20, 2011 at 11:03 am

So great to see you here! I had a great time with you and hope to see you again soon; so happy you are feeling better!
    xoo
    Keep up the amazing work and positive attitude. You are fabulous, Tina.

Alejandra @ Mouthfuls and Morsels July 20, 2011 at 11:32 am

A little bit of everything! My favorite things about samplers!!

That event sounds awesome! It’s easy to forget just how versatile yogurt can be!

Taryn {The Rambling Runner} July 20, 2011 at 11:35 am

Wow! That looks like such a great event. I can’t wait to try Chobani in my eggs!

Gillian July 20, 2011 at 11:53 am

this looks like so much fun! free healthy food=win.

i’ve been using yogurt in a lot of my baking lately.. it ups the protein and maintains moisture without adding a ton of calories or bad fats (i’m a-ok with the good fats!).

Jody July 20, 2011 at 12:36 pm

OK, I had to break down and comment. I found your blog several months ago while searching “marathon training” and I’ve been hooked ever since. I, too, have an incredibly cute, but much heavier pug, am training for my third marathon and I am always trying to eat healthy. I just bought a couple of pairs of Old Navy shorts because they ARE the perfect length. My daughter is now hooked as well and when she came home and saw the s’mores on a stick, she commented that “someone spent a little time with Tina today”. Thank you for your inspirational blog. I look forward to it daily.

Jane @ Jane's Addictions July 20, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Looks like a fun get together. How did you hear about it? I am trying to find out about local fit bloggers get together, but I am having a hard time plugging into a bloggers community. Any suggestions?

Delaney July 20, 2011 at 12:53 pm

AWESOME!!! Chobani and hummus are a couple of my fav foods : )

Cecilia July 20, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I would have loved to be there. I’m a Chobani enthusiast! I eat at least 2 a day, sometimes 3.

Lara @ TresLaLa July 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I’ve been adding plain Greek yogurt to eggs for scrambled eggs for some time. It’s a science to get the right amount (add some, then add a bit more for the “right” consistency), but they’re so creamy now! (I used to add skim milk, but it wasn’t ‘right’ and I just couldn’t add cream to my eggs…)

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine July 20, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Mmm I love the sampling platters at different places too :)

There should really me a huge, neon-flashing arrow that says “indecisive foodies who want to order/substitute one of everything on the menu, order THIS!!”

Carol July 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Talk about the job of my dreams:) This post and the Italian food tour post…so lucky!
    Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Emily July 20, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Thanks again for joining us yesterday, Tina. We had so much fun, and it was great to finally meet you in person! Looking forward to the mac n’ cheese. :)

melissa July 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm

i wish I had gone, looks awesome. must try hummus kitchen.

Hannah July 20, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Everything look so good :) I love Theodora’s dress, Butterflys make me happy :)

Lea @ Healthy Coconut July 20, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love Chobani and I can’t wait for them to unveil their new recipes. What a fun event. I hope they put on events like that on the west coast too.

Suzanne July 21, 2011 at 9:00 am

Great ideas! I’ve made the strawberry scones before, but will need to try some of their new recipes! Thanks!

Laura July 21, 2011 at 9:33 am

I’m also in love with Chobani, what a fun post! I love your skirt Tina, where did you get it?