• 7 Links

July 21, 2011

Monica nominated me to do the “7 Links Post” that is going around the blogworld, so I decided to play along.

Most Beautiful

For a pug, my little furball knows quite a bit about the important things in life: Life Advice from Murphy. I often go back and read this post when I need a little pick-me-up.

1633

Most Popular

Life Advice from Murphy: This baby ended up on StumbleUpon and raked in nearly 80,000 pageviews in a single day! Wicked awesome.

Trying to Stay Positive: When I shared my colitis diagnosis in this post, it received well over 500 supportive comments. You guys rule.

Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Recap: A bunch of people said they cried reading my marathon recap post. I also got angry comments because I didn’t post the recap right away. I guess people really wanted to hear how it went.

Most Controversial

I don’t typically address controversial issues on CNC, but there was this one time that my name was dragged through the mud in a national magazine: My Response to Marie Claire.

Surprise Success

The post about how Mal and I manage our finances: How We Do It. There were lots of different opinions on this one!

Also, the Pug 5K post. People still tell me how much they enjoyed reading it.

Not Enough

My post about Teen Mom. My hatred for the show has grown since that post, so it might not fully come across in my writing, but I wish more people would realize the terrible message that the show sends to young girls.

Also, my Blogger Responsibility: Where Do We Draw the Line post ended up being pretty tame in the comment section. I thought there would be a lot more conversation with that one.

2011-07-21_1045

Most Proud

This isn’t a specific post, but I’m really proud of my Blogging page. I really enjoy helping new bloggers get their feet wet.

_MG_2221 (640x426)

And now I pass the torch onto 5 people:

It was really tough for me to think about these posts, which is part of the reason why I haven’t created a “Top Posts” page yet. I can never think of my favorite posts! If I missed any posts that you really loved, please let me know. It’ll help me when I finally put together my Top Posts page!

RunEatRepeat July 21, 2011 at 6:32 pm

That Murphy post is my favorite! And I love his puppy pics <3

The Healthy Engineer July 21, 2011 at 7:50 pm

How did I know that Murphy was going to rake in that many people!??!

Seriously I still cannot get enough of him even though I’ve been reading for a year!

Carolyn July 21, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Hey, so the past few days your pictures have not been showing up in my email updates? Anything you’ve been doing differently? Maybe I need to unsubscribe and then resubscribe to fix it.

Amelia @ princessandthefrosting July 21, 2011 at 8:33 pm

The Murphy one is my favourite :)

Ellie@fitforthesoul July 21, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I think it’s great that you love to help newbies!! I remember that your page helped me when I started a few months ago~~~ :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio July 21, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Someone nominate me :) WOop WOop!

It’s great to ready your 7 links! Thanks for sharing.

dena b July 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm

so bummed I have not been able to see your pics all week via email..Only when I go directly to your web page can I view them?

Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 22, 2011 at 12:59 am

That first pic of Murphy is ADORABLE! :)

chekingfromjapan July 22, 2011 at 1:29 am

I cannot see your pictures. did you change anything CSS or htaccess or something? your wetsite is also not design-looked too. (which related the link to CSS file) This happened about 2days ago. please fix. i hope to see your blog with the pix and design soon. thanks and good luck.

laura July 22, 2011 at 8:45 am

I’m also having trouble viewing your photos! which makes me very sad because I eagerly look for murphy’s adorable face each morning!!!

Brandy July 22, 2011 at 10:43 am

I also cannot see your pictures…email or website!

Julia H. (The Petite Spiel) July 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I just checked out the “Life Advice from Murphy” post again. I subscribe to your blog so it’s not like I’ve never seen Murphy’s adorable face before, but those photos were all just so hilarious that I now legitimately want a pug of my own.

Electra @ vanillabeanlean.com July 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm

This post is actually what led me to read your blog for 3-4 hours last night. Definitely glad you played along!

claire July 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm

That little pug of yours IS so cute. Ah.