• National Running Day

June 1, 2011

Happy National Running Day! Did you get your run on today?

I participated in National Running Day with a 4-mile run on the treadmill at the gym. I was in a cranky mood all morning, so a sweaty run was just what I needed to snap out of a funk.

Some really good music on my iPod also helped improve my mood! I rocked out to Adele, Chemical Romance, and Citizen Cope (among other favorites) while running along.

After my run, I felt a zillion times better! It’s amazing that a “runner’s high” can cure just about any bad mood.

After my workout, I took the quickest shower ever (yay, sopping wet hair!) and whipped up a banana smoothie to take with me to NuVal. In the mix: frozen banana, almond milk, vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, and chia seeds.

IMG_0013 (375x500)IMG_0059 (375x500)

I spent the next few hours at NuVal working away and catching up with coworkers.

On the way home from NuVal, I needed a little pick-me-up, so I stopped by Marylou’s for an Almond Joy iced coffee. (I swear, they add crack to their iced coffee.)

In honor of National Running Day, I registered for another race: Rock ‘N’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon!!!

2010_RnR_LV_Logo_RGB4-300x142

I know that I complained about pricey race registration costs the other day, but this time, I’m paying for a pretty awesome experience too. The Rock ‘N’ Roll Las Vegas is run at night (and you know how much I love night running!) and the race route goes right down the Vegas strip!! How cool is that?!?

I decided to bite the bullet and register today because the Rock ‘N’ Roll Las Vegas folks are hosting a “Special Registration Week,” which means for only $130, you can register for the half marathon. (The marathon is $140.) I still can’t believe I paid that much money, but I saved $10 off the registration price with the code 10RNRLV. Every little bit helps!

Oh, yea. I almost forgot. Another reason that I registered for the Rock ‘N’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon is because I’ll just happen to be in Vegas for the Urban Running: Blogger Summit!!!

2011-06-01_1649

Say what?!? Running and blogging at the same conference?! Ooooh, yes!

My friend Skinny Runner is hosting it, and there’s already a whole slew of great speakers confirmed, including yours truly as the keynote speaker! Yikes! It might kill me, but I’m trying to come from A Place of Yes in my life.

If you’re interested in attending the Urban Running: Blogger Summit, send an email to urbloggersummit@gmail.com to get updates about the venue, speakers, and room accommodations.

Heather June 2, 2011 at 2:47 am

So excited for the RnRLV and the summit!

Lisa June 2, 2011 at 6:23 am

Ahh, I soo want to run in the RnR Las Vegas. I didn’t know it takes place at night and on the strip. How awesome is that! Who DOESN’T love Vegas?!?!

The Teenage Taste June 2, 2011 at 7:14 am

RnR Las Vegas sounds like an awesome time! Running at night is the best! :-D

Molly @ RDexposed June 2, 2011 at 7:29 am

What a bummer that I didn’t run. I’m about to start up after a year long injury!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 2, 2011 at 7:35 am

I always have the best runs when I’m in a bad mood! It feels so good to run off my frustrations.

Congrats on signing up for the race! That will be so much fun to run down the strip! :D

Marissa June 2, 2011 at 7:52 am

I didn’t know it was National Running Day! Oh well… oh, wait, I DID run a little bit yesterday! I was running so late for graduation practice, I had to book it across the massive parking lot (because of course I have the parking spot in the very very back corner, haha!)

de June 2, 2011 at 8:06 am

That RnR LV sounds like so much fun!

megan @ blackberries for jam June 2, 2011 at 9:22 am

A Running Blogger Summit sounds awesome! I just finished my first marathon last weekend and I’m already itching to sign up for another race!

Ali @ Ali Runs June 2, 2011 at 9:30 am

What an awesome opportunity to be a key note speaker!! Congrats!! :)

Jessica June 2, 2011 at 9:45 am

I am a new commenter, but not a new reader! I’ve been quietly reading your blog for some time now and I’m currently a little over half way in your book – which I am LOVING so far – I have a hard time putting it down, but you know the work and kids things get in the way of that :-)

Christina June 2, 2011 at 9:50 am

Wow, congrats on the keynote speaker! What an amazing opportunity. I wish I could go!

Jenny @ Love Eat Run June 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’m so excited to run the Las Vegas 1/2 too!! I signed up yesterday as well. Annnd I’ll be going to the blogging conference. I agree – can’t beat a blogger get together and a race all in one weekend…in Vegas none-the-less!!!

Taylor (Delish World) June 2, 2011 at 10:17 am

I SO wanted to sign up for the LV Half, especially since my BF loves Vegas. So it would be the perfect race. But flights, hotel, and race registration are all super pricey. So it’s gonna have to wait. But it looks super fun!!

Yolanda June 2, 2011 at 10:25 am

I certainly did yesterday and even wrote a blog post about it. ;-)

Beth (Well Ill Be) June 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

That will definitely be a race unlike any other! I just started “A Place of Yes”. I guess you read it and liked it?

Laura @ prettylittlewords June 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I ran today and didn’t even realize it was National Running Day!

Pixie June 3, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Oh I am learning so much on your blog today! I am super excited about the Vegas Summit. I have never been to Vegas. I sent in my email, is it too early to register, I didn’t see a link but could have missed it.

Stephanie @ Suiresphere June 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Hi Tina! I am also planning to attend the Blogging Summit AND running the RNR Half in Vegas! Can’t wait to see you there!