• Missing Dog

June 9, 2011

Look what Mal brought home today! A Boston Terrier!

I hoped that this little dog was a permanent addition to our family, but it turns out she was off-leash and wandering around the neighborhood. The temperature was in the 90’s this afternoon, so Mal didn’t want her to suffer out in the heat and humidity. Squishy face dogs do not do well in this type of weather.

At first, Murphy was psyched to meet a new doggie friend, but then she growled and snapped at him! Murphy is the sweetest dog ever (very submissive), but he wasn’t thrilled¬†about some random bitch giving him a hard time in his own house. Murphy wasn’t sure what to make of her after that. It’s a good thing she wasn’t staying!

IMG_0001-1

Eventually, we found Maddie’s owners and returned her to them. (We called the phone number listed on her tags.) Apparently, she escaped from the house! Sneaky little devil!

After returning Maddie to her owners, Mal and I cracked open a couple of beers and hung out on the backporch.

We also snacked on some chips and salsa.

And had some fun with Murphy.

Giving Murphy Bunny Fingers never gets old!

Dinner

I ended up eating a ton of chips and salsa, so dinner was sort of small and really random. I had a bowl of leftover whole wheat pasta mixed with ground beef, peas, and black eyed peas and a piece of toast with Garlic Gold and butter on top.

After dinner, I finished off the Pistachio-Apricot Bars. So good!

Heading straight to bed. Good night!

Jamie@ getalivingsense June 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I am dying that stink eye pic is so freaking hilarious!!!! Love Murphy

Stephanie June 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I’m so glad that Maddie’s adventure ended well! Her family is so lucky that good people found her.

Amber June 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Bostons are notorious for being escape artists! My parents had one that would bolt out the front door as soon as anyone opened it. And then she would take off on an adventure around the countryside with my dad chasing her. Eventually she would get tired and let him catch her, but she was such a brat! We always joked that she must be part cat and had nine lives, because I don’t know how she didn’t get hit by a car any of those times.
    Now I have my own Boston puppy and I hope he won’t be as bad as our other one! :/
    I’m glad you were able to help the lost Boston make it back home safely! I’m sure her family was very grateful!

Kelsey June 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I love Boston Terriers! They are so cute! But I think they are pretty expensive.

Christopher E P June 13, 2011 at 12:52 am

Hi There,

Just wanted to drop by and say keep up the great work on your site.

Thanks,

Christopher E P

Manon June 13, 2011 at 10:36 am

So great of you and Mal to take Maddie in–I’m sure her owners were so thankful!