• How I Spent My 31st Birthday

June 20, 2011

My 31st birthday was a great one!!!

Before we left New York, Mal and I enjoyed a continental breakfast at the hotel with the bride and groom.

On the ride home, we stopped by Starbucks so I could cash in a coupon for a free drink. I ordered an iced soy caramel macchiato, which was de-lish!

I enjoyed my Starbucks with some chocolates on the drive home.

When we were about halfway home, Mal and I took a pit stop at the Lee Outlets, so he could buy me a birthday present…

From the Sunglass Hut!

I’m super cheap when it comes to sunglasses— I usually buy them at Kmart or Walgreens— so, not surprisingly, they break a few weeks later. Mal thought I needed a “big girl” pair of sunglasses in my life, so he wanted to buy me a pair for my birthday. I ended up picking a sweet pair of Bolle sunglasses. I feel so cool wearing them!

When we got home, I hung out with my favorite guys.

Worked for a few hours.

And watched Mal clean my car.

(I still can’t believe he cleaned my car. I asked him not to do it, but he insisted since it was my birthday. What a nice guy!)

For dinner, I enjoyed a free meal at the Abington Ale House. If you dine at the Abington Ale House on your birthday, you can order any entrée from the menu for free. You just need to show proof that it’s your birthday.

Mal and I started with freshly baked bread and butter.

For my entrée, I ordered the Maplewood Scallops, which were served with sweet potatoes and asparagus. The scallops were tasty, but not the best I’ve had.

For dessert, I enjoyed a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting from the Abington Ale House. What a nice surprise! I <3 frosting!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite June 20, 2011 at 10:00 am

Everyone totally needs a grown-up pair of sunglasses :) Looks like a great day!

Marissa June 20, 2011 at 10:06 am

Happy birthday! This is gonna sound weird, but I absolutely HATE sunglasses! I hate the feeling of having something on my face; its like having my bangs in my face–I can’t stand it! I think I have face-touching phobia; I can’t even wear make-up without feeling uncomfortable.

Dori June 20, 2011 at 10:10 am

You have such a perfect face for sunglasses! They look great on you. The sweet potatoes look really good in your free dinner. Love that the restaurant offers free bday din!

Lauren June 20, 2011 at 10:13 am

Happy belated birthday, Tina! I’m glad you had a great one! Here’s to 31 being an amazing year. :)

You look great in your new sunglasses – very stylish! Sunglasses are such a good investment!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas June 20, 2011 at 10:28 am

Looks like you had a blast on your birthday.
    I am just like you as far as sunglasses go.. totally get a pair that costs like $12. I still haven’t made the big girl plunge though.
    My mother tells me that I will actually take care of them and not lose/break them if I dish out the money. I’m not too sure!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa June 20, 2011 at 10:28 am

Happy Happy Birthday – looks like it was a great day! My husband randomly cleans out my car, best.husband.ever!

Biz June 20, 2011 at 10:50 am

Happy 31st! You are still so young – when I was 31 my daughter was 8 – time sure does fly – she’s 19 now!

And I think I could have made my meal on that bread and butter alone. :D

Alaina June 20, 2011 at 11:04 am

What a fun birthday! I was the same way with sunglasses until I bought my first pair at the Hut. They are Arnette brand and I love them. Before that I was always losing or breaking glasses from Target. :-P

Chad @ thebreakupnote June 20, 2011 at 11:21 am

i gotta say – you know how to party up a birthday. I love watching other people wash my stuff!

Meg June 20, 2011 at 11:46 am

Funny- Dave cleaned my car on my birthday too! How they love us!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed June 20, 2011 at 11:48 am

Happy Birthday!!!

Abby June 20, 2011 at 11:52 am

What a great birthday! I love those sunglasses! :)

Sarah June 20, 2011 at 11:57 am

So sweet of him to clean your car! That’s such a daunting task. Glad you enjoyed the day :)

lynn @ the actor's diet June 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm

what a wonderful day, tina! i miss me some outlet shopping. maybe i’ll go to anaheim today and do it!

Wendy Irene June 20, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Your new shades look wonderful on you!

Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 20, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Chocolate cupcake = perfect end to a birthday :)

Katie at Faith N' Funfetti June 20, 2011 at 12:44 pm

For my wedding gift (May 21st. Tomorrow will be the big 1 month anniversary :-) – My husband got me “big girl sunglasses”, too. I absolutely love them!

Joanna B June 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Happy Birthday! From your recap your birthday was very nice and relaxing. Best wishes and much success to you this year and all the years that come.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 20, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Happy Birthday!!! The Haunted Mansion sign threw me off haha. Like, there’s no WAY a place called “The Haunted Mansion” could have food like that..let alone cupcakes.;)

Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes June 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Scallops and Cupcakes! Sounds like a perfect birthday to me :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat June 20, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Looks like you had a great birthday! You are the same age as my husband and best friends, 1980 was a great year :)

Sana June 20, 2011 at 1:25 pm

You had the most awesome b-day ever!

Molly June 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I’d literally want to eat every bit of that loaf of bread. YUM

Roz June 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Happy Belated Tina!

Lisa @ Fit in the Midwest June 20, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Love the sunglasses! Looks like you had a great day. :)

I had to clean my car out yesterday and let me just say–you have the best husband in the world that he offered to do that for you on your b-day!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 20, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Oh that bread looks realllllyyy good! And Happy BIRTHDAY!

Krystina (Organically Me) June 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I loooove Lee Outlets. :D Happy belated birthday!

Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers June 20, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Cute card! :) I’m glad you had such a great birthday!

Dee June 20, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Happy belated birthday Tina!

Hilary June 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Happy belated birthday….looks like a great one! I love places with birthday freebies! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Looks like a great birthday! I love it when places offer free stuff on your birthday! I always forget to take advantages of those offers though. :P

Hannah June 21, 2011 at 12:14 am

Gorgeous cupcake! however, my favourite photo is definitely Mal carrying Murphy :D