• Bethy & Caleb Get Hitched

June 5, 2011

I love weddings. I really do. And I love them even more when I know the couple is perfect for one another, which is why I enjoyed being part of Beth and Caleb’s celebration so much yesterday.

It also didn’t hurt that the venue, ceremony, and weather were beautiful!

IMG_0002 (375x500)IMG_0003 (375x500)

And, of course, the bride was absolutely stunning!

Wahoo! Just married!!!

After the ceremony, guests enjoyed a cocktail hour with appetizers. Mal and I shared a plate of nibbles.

Once the cocktail hour ended, we headed inside a big tent for the reception.

The bridge and groom named the tables after their favorite places to visit. Mal and I ended up at the Outer Banks table.

For the couple’s first dance, Beth and Caleb danced to “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo. It was really sweet; I got teary-eyed.

Then, it was time to eat dinner!

The starter course was a Maple Pecan Salad with baby spinach, candied pecans, crumbled blue cheese, and slivered green apples tossed in maple vinaigrette served with a garlic stick. Delish! I ate the whole thing.

I ordered the vegetarian option for my entrée, which was Summer Risotto served with mixed seasonal vegetables.

I also ate a delicious piece of wedding cake, but I never snapped a photo because I enjoyed it at the very end of the night on the car ride back to the hotel. Somehow, I got frosting all over my dress, so I was more concerned about cleaning up the mess than taking a picture.

After dinner, we boogied down for hours! The dance floor was packed the entire night.

Thankfully, flip flops were provided for our “dancing comfort.” Love this idea!

Congrats, Bethy and Caleb! Thanks for letting Mal and me share your special day with you!

Nicole @ sugarcoatedsisters June 6, 2011 at 12:33 am

Aww the bears on top of the cake are SO cute! Looks like a fun time :)

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking June 6, 2011 at 12:38 am

This looked like a beautiful wedding… I love “chivari” chairs. So nice. I love outdoor weddings… they seem so intimate and personal. :-)

Lindsay June 6, 2011 at 12:40 am

I adore weddings! I’ve told my husband I would marry him over and over again…1. because he’s my heart and 2. because I love being the bride and all the fun planning! And your happy couple used the same dance song we did:) *sigh* good memories!!

Amanda Jewell June 6, 2011 at 6:02 am

What a pretty wedding! I love different sized balls hanging from the top of the tent! And the cake was so cute! The flip flop idea was genius for sure; you know a woman thought of that :-)

Marija-The Healthiest Habits June 6, 2011 at 7:41 am

Beautiful wedding ideas, indeed, but flip flops are definitely winners :) Also, the tent looked fancy and the idea of tables named after favorite places they visited. You looked great- that hairstyle really suits you!

Sarah@The Flying ONION June 6, 2011 at 7:59 am

I absolutely love that rendition of “Over the Rainbow.” My cousin had the same song at her wedding and it was absolutely beautiful. :D

Such a gorgeous wedding!! :D

Stephanie June 6, 2011 at 8:02 am

yay for weddings. oh gosh i love them!!! where was this (if you don’t mind me asking, if so, no worries!!!) did you know btw that scooper bowl is wednesday ;)

Tina June 6, 2011 at 8:08 am

That wedding looked gorgeous. I love the cake topper.
    You looked really nice! Good choice in entree ;)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 6, 2011 at 8:16 am

Beautiful photos! Her dress looks very similar to mine… and the cake is amazing!

Hope June 6, 2011 at 8:37 am

What a goregous wedding! I love the light purple color! I have had the idea in my head of flip flop baskets for my wedding too. I think it is SUCH a good idea! :)

kate June 6, 2011 at 8:37 am

what a beautiful wedding, I absolutely love the cake !

Chad @ thebreakupnote June 6, 2011 at 8:57 am

…holy cow I love wedding cake…

Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl June 6, 2011 at 9:12 am

Looks like such a fun wedding! I love their song choice for first dance. I think watching that would make me teary-eyed too :-)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com June 6, 2011 at 9:33 am

SO BREATHTAKING! it reminds me of Hatley Castle here in Vic. I love the stonework. the bride and groom look so so so so beautiful!! <3 <3

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 6, 2011 at 9:41 am

Ahhhh, Outer Banks! Loooove it there :)
    That looks like such a beautiful wedding!

SquatLikeALady June 6, 2011 at 10:46 am

The flip-flops are SUCH a great idea! And that wedding looks just beautiful. The venue is stunning!

Lauren June 6, 2011 at 10:54 am

Ooh I love that flip-flop idea! Looks like a lovely ceremony and reception. Weddings are so sweet!

Roz June 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm

OMG….how FUN!!! I LOVE weddings too! And the flip flop idea?! Brilliant!!!
    Have a great day Tina!

Laura @ prettylittlewords June 6, 2011 at 3:25 pm

What an absolutely gorgeous tent!!

Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds June 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I like the flip flops idea, too! Something to think about IF I ever get married…

Amy @ love4living.com June 8, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Wow, I just fell in love with this venue. Looks absolutely amazing.

Katie June 9, 2011 at 2:03 pm

The wedding looks like so much fun! The flip flops are genius. I just went to a wedding where they had places instead of table numbers too, I think that’s such a cute idea!