Oh, how I love sweet and salty desserts!
These Apricot-Pistachio Bars combine the best of both worlds in one delicious, heart-healthy bar. The chewy apricots, crunchy pistachios, and hearty oats create a texture that will keep you guessing every bite.
- 2.75 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8″ X 8″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients until smooth.
- Spread batter in prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through.
- Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting.