• One Night In Vegas

April 22, 2011

One night in Vegas, Mal and I met up with Monica and her husband, Ben, for dinner, drinks, and gambling. The plan was to meet at Zeffirino’s at the Venetian, so Mal and I took advantage of the scenery on the walk over.

Zeffirino’s is located in the Grand Canal Shops inside of the casino where the ceiling makes it look like it’s daytime all of the time. Cool, right?

It’s probably also a little confusing if you stayed up all night boozing face and gambling.

Mal and I ended up getting so distracted by the sights and sounds of the Grand Canal Shops, we ended up walking right by Zeffirino’s and being late to dinner. Oops! Thankfully, our dinner dates didn’t seem to mind.

When Mal and I arrived at Zeffirino’s, I immediately recognized it as the restaurant where I ate dinner for my Vegas bachelorette party. Remember how I said it cost a fortune? Well, I think Monica said it best when she said: “Zeffirino’s was FANCY (read: expensive). I think we overshot our choice in restaurant a bit.” Zeffirino’s was a really nice place, but definitely overpriced.

Even still, we had a great meal, which started with white wine.

As an appetizer, the waiter brought us a plate of complimentary skewers of olives, mozzarella, and tomatoes. I ate a couple of them.

For my entrée, I ordered the Fettuccine alla Bolognese, which was homemade fettuccine sautéed with meat sauce. It was tasty, but a tad overpriced at $25!

After dinner, we didn’t have any specific plans. Well, at least I didn’t think so. But, before I knew it, an Irish Car Bomb was sitting in front of me. I’m not one to turn down an Irish Car Bomb, so I drank it right down.

Then, we headed to Craps tables to test our luck. I have no idea what I was doing, but I’m pretty sure I lost some money.

Toward the end of the night, the four of us ended up a mostly-empty club. I guess Monday night is sort of slow in Vegas? I don’t remember the name of the place, but it was a hookah lounge and night club complete with go-go dancers. It was actually sort of weird, but we got a comfy couch all to ourselves and complimentary strawberries and raspberries.

At the club, I ordered a glass of champagne.

Like usual, Mal and I had such a nice time with Monica and Ben. I wish they lived closer so we could hang out more!

Lisa April 22, 2011 at 12:53 pm

CRAPS! Scary!!!

I love roulette. I have to scour Vegas casinos for the cheaper roulette tables ‘coz I ain’t good enough for a $20 minimum! YIKES! Never tried Craps though.

Kat April 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I was kinda tipsy in Vegas last winter and we were in the canal shops with that crazy daylight ceiling, it was soo weird at 2am!

Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates April 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Looks so fun! I want to go there!

Running Mama April 22, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I don’t have plans for earth day but as for the second question, visit my new healthy lifestyle blog to see how I’m using technology to lose weight. :) Love your blog.

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins April 22, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Irish car bombs scare the crap out of me – you’re a champ! Looks like a fun night :)

kel@The Kel Show April 22, 2011 at 3:36 pm

On your next trip, head to the Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY. You can eat there (amazing Chicken Pot Pie) AND have your car bombs!

Angela April 22, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Your Vegas trip has truly inspired me for my trip!! I’m going the first weekend of June!! Im absolutley excited. I am going to see African Cats on Sunday to celebrate Earth Day with my son! He loves animals!!

Hannah April 22, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I love the photo of the boys posing like that!

Monica April 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Haha, I love it! What a fun night! And you all look so sin-city Fabulous together!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) April 27, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Oh man, we’re going to Vegas and I made reservations at Mesa for our nice dinner. I hope our experience is better.

Samantha July 13, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I went to Vegas over winter break this past year with 30 of my sorority sisters and we all stayed at the Venetian! The first night out (aka probably the night everyone went the craziest!) we went to TAO in the Venetian and I definitely remember being confused upon leaving! And all that oxygen they pump in keeps you so weirdly awake! Lol reading this brought me back to that!