• Las Vegas: What We Did

April 25, 2011

Here’s my last post about Las Vegas! I figured I should show you what we did besides stuff our facessit by the pool, and booze.

On our first day in Vegas, Mal and I woke up bright and early, ate a disgusting breakfast, and then grabbed iced coffees at Starbucks, which we took on our walk down the strip. We started at The Wynn and ended at Mandalay Bay, so, round trip, we walked close to 6 miles!

IMG_2083 (640x427)

On our travels, we snapped photos.

IMG_2082 (640x427)

Boogied down.

IMG_2079 (427x640)

Met Batman. (I paid him $1 to spread his wings and make that face.)

IMG_2098 (640x427)

Rode the rollercoaster at New York New York.

I thought the rollercoaster would be a complete waste of money, especially for $14 per person, but Mal really wanted to do it. Surprisingly, it ended up being a lot of fun! Mal and I screamed like little girls and laughed hysterically the entire time. The rollercoaster is totally worth the money!

Random side note: If you need a Bank of America ATM while you are in Vegas, there’s one on the 4th floor of the M&M store. Mal and I spent for-ever searching for this baby!

Eventually, our travels took us to Mandalay Bay, where we…

Visited the Shark Reef Aquarium!

Here you will come face-to-face with some of the earth’s most fascinating creatures in North America’s only predator-based aquarium and exhibit. See sharks of all kinds, along with sawfish, giant rays, endangered green sea turtles, piranha, moon jellies and the rare golden crocodiles. In all, there are over 2,000 animals in 1.6 million gallons of seawater.

IMG_0053 (640x480)IMG_0052 (640x480)

Yikes! Piranhas are scary!

Love at first sight.

Dun dun…

…dun dun…

…dun dun!!

I love sharks!

Mal and I also saw Mystere, one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. It was amazing, and easily one of the best parts of our trip. It highly recommend seeing a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas. Tickets are expensive, but it’s totally worth the splurge. The show was so entertaining– probably one of the best shows in Las Vegas.

Noya - gluttonandstudent April 26, 2011 at 12:55 am

The aquarium is sick! I was totally obsessed with it last time I was in Vegas. Although Vegas can be a bit overwhelming, I always have fun.

Samantha April 26, 2011 at 1:26 am

I always love reading about people’s adventures in Vegas! Having been born and raised and living nowhere else, I always forget all the stuff that I am so lucky to have around me!

Kristin April 26, 2011 at 2:02 am

That lizard picture is so cute! I went to Mystere with a bunch of girls from work a few years ago, it was freaky but very cool!

Tina April 26, 2011 at 12:22 pm

@Kristin: Agreed!!!

Khushboo April 26, 2011 at 2:30 am

Your trip looks like a blast! We saw the Cirque Du Soleil show which was great- the ‘eau’ show was playing at the time so it was cool seeing all the acrobats in the water…kinda made me thirsty though ;)!

Kristi April 26, 2011 at 3:09 am

Vegas looks like so much fun! I can’t wait to go one of these days.

Michelle April 26, 2011 at 7:35 am

Love Vegas! I went about 7 years ago and was surprised at how far the walk to Mandalay was. I was determined to go to the shark reef… my boyfriend said “we live in Boston. We have one of the best aquariums right there. You came all the way to Vegas to go to an aquarium?”. I should have known then it wouldn’t work ;)

ChunkyMonkey April 26, 2011 at 8:15 am

I will have to go back now just for the aquarium. Looks like youhad a blast!

Stephanie April 26, 2011 at 10:08 am

OMG, that picture of Mal and the lizard – all I can think of is “did we just become best friends?!” “do you want to go into the garage and practice kung fu?!” from Stepbrothers. =)

Liz April 26, 2011 at 10:17 am

So glad you had fun! My husband and I just went to Vegas two weeks before you. Stayed at The Palazzo but made sure to walk through the Wynn…so beautiful! We went to the Mystere show too and my hubsa actually got pulled up on stage and locked in a box! I’ve heard that show is the most original of the Cirque du Soleil shows.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner April 26, 2011 at 10:37 am

Haha, I love that lizard!

becca (bellebottoms) April 26, 2011 at 10:46 am

I love that pic of Mal and the lizard! hilarious!

I picture the lizard saying, “excuse me mister, you’re in the way of my prime people watching!!” :)

kate@hautetotsBOS April 26, 2011 at 11:37 am

LOVE the wynn! woke up on my last night there-major illness, couldn’t fly home. had to stay another night. alone! my whole family/traveling companions had to leave me there, everyone felt so bad. i was like, um..5 star hotel, kids are at home (safe and sound, and well cared for), room service..i think i’ll survive;D glad you had a great trip!

lynn @ the actor's diet April 26, 2011 at 12:19 pm

i’m totally going on the roller coaster next time!

Lauren C. @ FocusedToBeFit April 26, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I love sharks too. My boyfriend makes fun of me all the time because I think ‘Shark Week’ is the greatest thing!

Kristen April 26, 2011 at 10:36 pm

ive never been to vegas- but what a lot of fun!

Kendel @ Eating Abroad April 27, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I recently saw a Cirque du Soleil show while in Vienna. I agree, this really is one of the best splurges. My German boyfriend had never heard of the acrobat group before and honestly thought we were going to see Circus ‘Ole!

Alice May 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Sounds like an amazing trip. The things to do in Las Vegas are so limitless.