• Las Vegas Bachelorette Weekend

April 18, 2011

My first visit to Las Vegas was in April 2008 for my bachelorette party. At the time, a bunch of my girlfriends lived on the West coast, so I took a trip out to celebrate with them.

Three of my friends lived near Los Angeles, so I flew there to meet them for a road trip to Las Vegas.

It wasn’t a very long trip, but I’m glad that we packed snacks.

When we arrived in Vegas, we checked into our hotel for the weekend. The Venetian is an amazing hotel!! I highly recommend it!

Once we got settled in our hotel room, we prettied ourselves for a night out on the town.

Our first night it Vegas was pretty tame. We enjoyed dinner and a couple of drinks and then called it a night.

The next morning, we woke up early to snag some chairs by the pool. We worked on our tans, enjoyed some cocktails, and went swimming.

After awhile, we got sick of paying top price for cocktails at the pool, so we went in search of cheaper options, like huge-ass Miller Lite cans. Clearly, we were classy ladies.

That night, my friends dressed me up for my bachelorette— complete with a tight red dress, long white gloves, a tiara, and garter belt.

Sorry, Grammie.

Classy, I tell ya.

Once we were all dressed up, we headed to dinner. I can’t remember the exact name of the restaurant, but it cost a fortune!

After dinner, we went to Thunder from Down Under, which was awesome for a bachelorette party, and then we hit the clubs for some drinking and dancing.

Obviously, shenanigans ensued.

Who was that guy!?!

Good times.

I have a feeling my second trip to Las Vegas will be much different!

Angela April 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Hahahahahhaha! These photos seriously made me laugh out loud!!! Super classy indeed! Although this trip will be different, I hope you have just as much fun! :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Oh man. The chocolate sprinkles… I die. Bahaha

emily @ the happy home April 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm

that’s pretty epic. that dress!

Brittany (a healthy slice of life) April 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Vegas was made for bachelorette parties :) I hope to go for a friend’s bachelorette oneday!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner April 18, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Haha, what a fun bachelorette party! Looks like a blast. I assume this trip with hubby will be very different!

Stacy @ Every Little Thing April 18, 2011 at 7:48 pm

hahaha awesome post! Hope you’re having just as much fun (if not a different kind of fun) this weekend!

Christine @ Burning It Off April 18, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Hahaha, bachelorette parties should never be classy 😉 Looks like you had an awesome night! Have fun on your trip!

Lauren April 18, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Looks like you had an awesome bachlorette party! I love Vegas, hope you have a great time with your hubby!

– Lauren

Parita @ myinnershakti April 18, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Fun times! I went to a bachelorette party in Vegas last summer, and it was crazy! We had such a good time but recovering from it all took days! Hope you and Mal are having a blast this time around!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 18, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Oh my gosh, I love that picture o fthe crazy guy!

Kelly April 18, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Lol- if you and Mal have a night like that I will be impressed!

Erica D @ Gratitouille April 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I went to Vegas just a week after my 21st birthday with some other friends who had turned 21 that year. It was delightful! Not too crazy, but Vegas is definitely an experience!

Lisa April 18, 2011 at 8:34 pm

LOL!!! I love it! Especially the photobomb at the end. Seriously, who is that guy?

You stayed at the Venetian! JEALOUS!

Someday I want to have my bachelorette party in Vegas. It would rule. I love that city.

Holly @ The Runny Egg April 18, 2011 at 8:37 pm

What an awesome recap — the sprinkles on the cookies (?) are too much. Hilarious.

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 18, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Bwahahahaha!! That guys mustache looks way to heavy for his face. He looks like it might make him fall down.

Looks like a memorable trip!

staceyhealthylife April 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Nice cupcakes. :)

Kath April 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm

That guy looks like Mal if he went downhill!!!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 18, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Oh wow, this looks SO fun!!! I’ve always wanted to go to Vegas. What a great get-away with wonderful friends. :)

Ellie@fitforthesoul April 18, 2011 at 9:02 pm

omgsh that guy looks like a creeper!! God bless him though. haha you’re so funny holding the cans! 😛

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle April 18, 2011 at 9:35 pm

hahaha that looks sooo fun! I’m talking about making a trip to Las Vegas this summer with some of my girlfriends! Definitely inspires me to go!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 18, 2011 at 9:39 pm

a girls trip from LA to Vegas…FUN!

Love the, ahem, snacks. lol

And there is always a random dude trying to get in on pictures, isn’t there.

You girls look like you had a blast…love it!

Hilary April 18, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Wow…looks like quite the party! I have a feeling my upcoming trip to Las Vegas (with my mom!) will also be somewhat different.

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking April 18, 2011 at 10:06 pm

FUN FUN FUN! That’s awesome you went to Vegas for your bachelorette.. I’m actually planning a trip to vegas in June, it’s gonna be too hot, but I’m looking forward to your recommendations and will consider eating at some of those places. I hope we stay at the Venetian :-)

Jennifer April 18, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Haha! Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a blast.

Alaina April 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm

That looks like such a fun weekend! Now THAT is a bachelorette party. :-)

Lauren @ MRS April 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Nice touch with the tiara and gloves! When you’re in Vegas, might as well let loose and have the quintessential bachelorette party.

Emily @ Savory and Savage April 18, 2011 at 11:09 pm

My favorite was the pink gorillas/monkeys.

Vegas and bachelorette parties? The only way to go.

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm

HAHA great pics :) You look great in that black dress, Tina!

Carrie April 18, 2011 at 11:25 pm

That guy with the lazy eye was hilarious! Those types of pictures are the best. :)

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 18, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Haha! I’ve been to Vegas a few times, but I’ve never done anything crazy. I’m a 21 year old grandma :)

Khushboo April 19, 2011 at 12:09 am

Haha what a hilarious and fun weekend! I love those mini penis cakes..rather than mini cakes, we made one big penis cake for our friend’s bday…what can i say, she likes it ‘big’ ;)!

Lauren April 19, 2011 at 12:55 am

Ahhh I love Vegas!! Serious epic place…living in Los angeles and being so close its alittle dangerous for me. Ive done both the crazy party weekend and the more romantic low key weekends..cant go wrong with either. Have so much fun!

Hannah April 19, 2011 at 12:57 am

Hahaha, so much fun! We all need more ring pops and edible penises in our lives.

Wendy April 19, 2011 at 7:24 am

I love this post! I stayed at the Palazzo this weekend ! Awesome trip! What did you think of all of the shopping! The pools and food were both amazing too! Glad you had a great weekend!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 19, 2011 at 8:19 am

Hahaha this looks like the female version of The Hangover! 😉 It looks like it was a blast!

Ashley (The Vegetable Life) April 19, 2011 at 8:26 am

Gah hahaha I Love the chocolate sprinkles on the cupcakes :)

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 19, 2011 at 8:53 am

haha what a great time! Looks like you had a blast! :)

Kacy April 19, 2011 at 9:34 am

I love Vegas. I definitely want to go there if I ever have a bachelorette. I’m hoping to go again next March and I can’t wait!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing April 19, 2011 at 10:14 am

That looks like SUCH a fun weekend Tina! I’ve never done a Vegas trip but it’s a must in my future for sure! I hope your weekend is not actually that wild this time :).

Wendy Irene April 19, 2011 at 10:44 am

LOL!!! Love the pictures 😀

Claire April 19, 2011 at 1:29 pm

bahahah! I did the SAME thing for my bachelorette!! We went to Thunder from Down Under, which was absolutely hilarious. The second trips are never quite like the bachelorette!

The Red Velvet Wife April 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm

HAH! I went to Thunder from Down Under for my sis in law’s bach weekend last May!! And the whole wedding party stayed at the Venetian, too! Hope you’re having FAB trip!!

becca (bellebottoms) April 19, 2011 at 1:47 pm

LOVE IT! Why do random guys always end up in the background of photos?? too funny!

and what is with the pink monkies? Only in Vegas apparently…

Brittney April 19, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I like the picture with the random dude! That’s always a sign of a crazy night!

Sarah April 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm

oh wow you look like you had a FANTASTIC TIME last time!! My favorite picture must be you holding up both beer cans! love it

Kristin April 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm

OH my gosh how funny would it be if someone reading your blog knew that drunk guy!?!? That would be awesome…

Las Vegas Salons October 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail.
    I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.