• Rainy Day Activities

March 16, 2011

Rain rain go away

Come again another day

Little Murphy wants to play.

Poor pug. All he wants to do is run around the backyard (like a freak) and chew sticks. Maybe tomorrow?

Workout

After breakfast, I planned to run outside, but it started raining. It wasn’t coming down too hard, so I should have just run then, but I thought I should wait it out. Well, a few hours passed and the rain never stopped (it actually started to rain harder), so I hit the treadmill for a 45-minute workout. I missed my chance, darn it!

I just make up these treadmill workouts as I go along, but I really liked this one because it pushed me to increase my overall pace with all sorts of intervals and intensities. I can always pick it up if I know a recovery interval is coming next.

2011-03-16_1342

During the last interval of my treadmill workout, I ended up sprinting at 8.5 to reach 5 miles. I was so close; I just had to do it!

Lunch

For lunch, I reheated a piece of leftover Spinach Artichoke Pizza, which, surprisingly, tasted just as good as last night. I worried that the crust would get soggy, but it didn’t at all.

Lunch also included a huge-ass smoothie (basically, two smoothies) made with fresh blueberries, plain yogurt, melted coconut butter, almond milk, ground flaxseed meal, and chia seeds. I’m not sure of the exact measurements of the ingredients, but it made a lot!!

IMG_0009 (480x640) (480x640)IMG_0010 (480x640) (480x640)

This is sort of random, but I thought some of you might think it’s cool.

So, Mal showed me a new iPhone app the other day, and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. It’s also available for the iPad. (Wow, I am such a dork.)

The app is called Pulse (News Mini), and it takes your favorite websites and transforms them into “a colorful and interactive mosaic.” It’s actually very pretty. The layout makes viewing articles quick and easy, and you can share them via Twitter, Facebook, or email. And, the best part, it’s FREE!

mzl_gcfkhbww_480x480-75

Major nerd alert.

I hope your Hump Day is flying by!

P.S. Read this post for a good laugh! The dog lovers will especially like it!

Laura (Starloz) March 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm

did i miss the memo?
    are food bloggers meant to own ipads now. i’ve seen so many around.

Tina March 16, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I WISH I owned an iPad! They seem so cool!

Katherine: Unemployed March 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm

the weather is not kind to you! rough winter now this

Tracy @ Commit To Fit March 16, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I am having major iphone envy. I really need to look into getting one, I love all the fantastic apps :)

Holly March 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm

i did a similar treadmill work out this morning too! hope the rain subsides for you guys – murphy is longing for the sun!

Heather March 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Thanks for the info on the app Tina! I really want an iPad. I’m not giving in just yet…

Amy @ Amy Starts to Run March 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Oh dear. Just downloaded the app. I already spend too much time on my iPad. Thanks for the suggestion!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner March 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Great workout!! :D

xoxo
    Kathleen

Elizabeth March 16, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I love this running plan.. I tried it out today, and I am really feeling it right now!! Thank you!!!!

Hilary March 16, 2011 at 11:30 pm

That app looks like fun…will have to try it. If I want to try it, does that make me a nerd too?

Marie March 16, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I love Pulse! I have the rss feed for all the blogs I read stored in there. It is so much better than reading on the web. I like that it marks what you have already read so you know right where to pick up next time. If you have an iPad and you read blogs you HAVE to get Pulse!

Camilla @ TGIPaleo January 18, 2012 at 7:55 am

Thank you for this and all of your treadmill workouts! I use the heck out of some treadmills while traveling, and changing it up keeps it fresh. I have a bunch on index cards that were extremely helpful while I was deployed, and now I’m living out of a hotel (and its tiny little gym) for a month and I was glad I still had them!