Happy Cookie Friday!!!
Yesterday, I had a serious craving for chocolate chips cookies, so I whipped up a healthier version using rolled oats, almond butter, and liquid egg whites instead of white flour and an entire stick of butter. I realize that butter is key to delicious chocolate chip cookies, but I wanted something a little lighter this time. I mean, I’m trying to lose a few pounds, but I still want to enjoy cookies! These ones are soft and chewy, and practically as good as the original!
Oatmeal Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 6 cookies
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Portion out dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges of cookies start to brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.