I’m going to do things a little different this morning.
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but I’ve slacked on posting my dinners lately. It’s mostly because they’ve been really boring. Last week, for example, I ate cereal one night, yogurt another night, and a peanut butter and banana sandwich another. There’s nothing wrong with these meals, but they’re not very exciting either.
Last night’s dinner was creamy Arborio rice with sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and crumbled feta. It was quite delicious— definitely better than expected!
Arborio Rice with Mushrooms, Spinach, and Feta
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10-ounce package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 bag of unthawed frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Feta crumbles
- Garlic Gold
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook Arborio rice in chicken broth. (I used these instructions.)
- Coat sauté pan with olive oil. Add mushrooms, spinach, Garlic Gold, and salt & pepper. Sauté mushrooms until they are soft.
- Once rice is finished cooking, stir in grated Parmesan.
- Combine rice and veggie mixture; stir well.
- Serve with feta crumbled sprinkled on top.
Makes 4 servings
The feta was key to this meal. It really enhanced the flavors of the mushrooms and spinach.
The best part about this meal is that it took practically no time to cook since you can easily prepare the rice and veggies at the same time. It was also really filling. It’s a keeper!
After dinner, I enjoyed a piece of whole wheat bread with almond butter and chocolate chips on top.
[fast forward to this morning]
Mal asked me to cook him breakfast this morning, so I made us a big batch of oatmeal with all of the fixings.
In the mix:
- Ground flaxseed meal
- Almond butter
I also drank an iced coffee with soy milk.
Question of the Day
If you could say one thing to yourself as a teenager, what would you say?