If this dog video doesn’t get your Monday started off on the right foot, I don’t know what will! I laughed so hard, I cried!
Last Night’s Dinner
Mmm! Last night’s dinner ruled: Fig Pizza with Mozzarella & Caramelized Onion. Oh my gosh, it was so delicious! And, the best part: it only required 4 ingredients! That’s my type of recipe!
- 1 Mama Mary’s Pizza Crust
- 1 onion, chopped
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pickled Figs
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Sautéed onion in extra virgin olive oil until it begins to caramelize.
- Spread pickled figs on pizza crust (use as much or a little as you desire).
- Top pizza with shredded mozzarella and onions.
- Bake pizza in oven for about 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
The pickled figs were definitely the star ingredient!
This morning, I rocked Oats in a Jar. It seems like I eat this breakfast quite a lot, huh? I think we have a real, live peanut butter addiction on our hands in this house. I think we’re up to about one jar every 7–10 days, and I’m pretty sure I eat the majority of the jar!
In the mix:
- Oat bran
- Bulgur (cooked ahead of time)
- Fresh blueberries
- Ground flaxseed meal
- Extra peanut butter
Question of the Day
The other day, I saw this question in Runner’s World and thought it would make a good QOTD:
I’ve run both marathon and half marathon distances, and I have never once felt less of my performance because I “only” ran “half” of a marathon. The name of the event doesn’t lessen my performance at all. Running 13.1 miles is an amazing accomplishment!
What do you think?