• Date Night in Harvard Square

March 12, 2011

Date night is a big deal in our house. Mal and I talk about it all day long before it happens. If you were hanging out with us, you’d probably get annoyed because we chat non-stop about it. I guess we’re just really excited about a night out together. And, of course, yesterday was no different!

We also get all dressed up and pretty ourselves for our date. Yesterday, I even went out and bought a new top. It was just $10 at a consignment shop! Score! I also got my hair cut. What do you think of my new bangs?

Mal and I needed to pick up our race packets for the Ras on Sunday, so we decided to hit up Marathon Sports on Mass Avenue and then have dinner in Harvard Square. Two birds, one stone.

For dinner, Mal and I were in the mood for something light (we both ate a late lunch), so we picked Cambridge, 1 for their delicious flatbread pizzas and salads.

To start, we had a little fun with the beer menu. There were lots of fun ones that I wanted to try!

First, I ordered the Wolaver’s Organic Oatmeal Stout and then the Lagunitas Pils, which I absolutely loved. I pretty much love everything from Lagunitas. Mal does too, so we might plan a trip out to West coast to visit the brewery!

2011-03-11_003 (480x384)

For dinner, I ordered the arugula salad with shaved Parmesan, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. This salad will be recreated at home. It was excellent! So simple, yet so delicious!

Mal also shared a little bit of his pizza with me.

Clearly, we hated our meals! ;-)

After dinner, we popped into Sweet to buy Murphy a Pupcake. Mal and I gave it to him when we got home, and he pretty much lost his pug mind with excitement.

Our evening concluded at the Grendel’s Den. I’m not sure Mal and I can go to Harvard Square without going there. It’s one of our favorites places. Good food, good beer, good vibe.

Mal and I found two seats at the bar and each ordered a drink. I ordered a glass of red wine, but I only drank a few sips of it. After drinking two strong beers at Cambridge, 1., I was good for the night.

Past date nights recaps:

Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 2:59 pm

so fun! I’m definitely going to try that salad, also!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit March 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I love date night! Tonight it was be in front of the TV watching a movie :)

Ann @ Day by Day March 12, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Ooh yum, that shaved parmesan on that salad does look great!

Hannah March 12, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Love the top! It’s so feminine and floaty :)

Katie March 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Love your bangs! I think I will do something similar when I start my internship this summer and will need to look “professional” again =)

Wendy Irene March 13, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Love Your Bangs!!

MichellePC March 14, 2011 at 8:58 am

I love Cambridge 1! Hands down, one of my favorite restaurants in Cambridge.

Erica Pottorff March 14, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hey Tina!

I just wanted to say that I just love your blog! You are so inspirational and always get me motivated to continue with my weight loss journey…you make it so easy for me!

I love how you drink Lagunitas beer too! I actually live about 5 minutes away from the brewery and I love it! They have a great beer tasting room and a beer garden and want you to try everything before settling on a beer. They are so cheap too!

Anyways, keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your life’s journey with the world!

Katie G. March 16, 2011 at 11:42 am

Cute shirt! Great buy for $10! You guys are so cute! And the beer looks delicious! I noticed the Murphy’s Irish Stout on the menu!

Anna March 19, 2011 at 8:44 am

My husband and I LOVE Lagunita’s beer! We went to the brewery on our honeymoon and it was seriously awesome! You have got to go there! The vibe was so fun!!