Hello, Monday! Is anyone else not quite ready for this week? The weekend just went by too quickly. Maybe some iced coffee will help?
Last night, Mal was watching football, so I was bored. My eyes glazed over after watching about 15 minutes of it, so I decided to do some cooking. I had a few sweet potatoes on hand, so I got a little creative in the kitchen.
I made a sweet potato bread pudding using mashed sweet potato, whole wheat bread, honey, soy milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and an egg. I’m still surprised it turned out so well!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Pudding
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 1 piece of whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend until smooth. (Be sure to break up the pieces of bread.)
- Coat an oven-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour in mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with your favorite ingredients, and serve warm.
This morning, I reheated the Sweet Potato Breakfast Pudding and topped it with two scoops of Teddie peanut butter, chia seeds, and raisins. Holy yum! It sort of reminded me of warm custard.
I also drank an iced coffee with breakfast.
Live Well Challenge
How do you stay fit in the winter?
What is your favorite healthy snack?
What are your tricks for preventing a cold?
Share your live well tips here and they might be featured in an upcoming issue of Woman’s Day magazine!
Question of the Day
What was your favorite TV series when you were growing up?
I think Punky Brewster was my favorite series, but The Cosby Show was definitely a close second! I still stop and watch it when I catch reruns on TV.