• Step Away from the Computer

January 1, 2011

I spent ALL day sitting in front of my computer updating and creating new pages for Carrots ‘N’ Cake. I love that my new blog design allows me to do so much! :mrgreen:

After spending more than 6 hours diligently working away, I’m happy to report that I’m about 75% finished. (I plan to finish the rest of the pages later this week.)

Check out CNC’s new pages:

Needless to say, my brain is mush after all of that hard work, so I’m going to whiz through today’s eats.

Creamy quinoa made with soy milk, mashed banana, and a big scoop of Teddie peanut butter.

_MG_6709 (640x426)

Iced coffee with soy milk.

_MG_6706 (640x426)

Kashi Island Vanilla cereal with fresh raspberries and soy milk.

_MG_6719 (640x426)

Three pieces of cheesy bread.

_MG_6731 (640x426)

Pistachios and a couple of Tootsie Rolls.

_MG_6727 (640x426)

Fantastic pantry meal!

_MG_6736 (640x426)

Penne Puttanesca.

_MG_6758 (640x426)

Parsnip chips on the side.

_MG_6768 (640x426)

A few bites of Half Baked FroYo.

_MG_6782 (640x426)

And a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar.

_MG_6787 (640x426)

How was your New Year’s Day?

Paige @Running Around Normal January 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm

What a productive day! Love quinoa for breakfast. Don’t know why I don’t eat it more often!

Laurel January 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm

That quinoa looks delish! I have never thought about making in sweet instead of savory…. :)

Natalia - a side of simple January 2, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Great job with keeping the sweets until after dinner, Tina! You’re well on you’re way :)

Carrie January 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love your new website too! Great work!

Erin January 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

It looks beautiful Teen! I love it. I am going to make your parsnip chips tonight :) They sound v. satisfying. Gorgeous day. xox Erin

Katherine: Unemployed January 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I think larabar should get in-touch with some frozen yogurt companies for dessert. Think of the possibilities of frozen banana yogurt with larabar pieces… coconut milk too? man my mind is working today

Emily W January 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Awesome idea, Katherine!

Tina, as a long term reader, I really love the new pages and design. So easy to navigate, good work!

Jess January 2, 2011 at 1:42 pm

The new website looks great! Your dinner looks great also! Anything with Capers is A’OK with me!

Danielle January 2, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Love the new layout and pages! Looks like your hard work yesterday paid off :) hope you have a wonderful January 2, 2011!

Joanna @drizzleofsunshine January 2, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Wow! You got a lot done on your page! Love it all! Don’t you just adore how blogging is like a black hole and can suck you in for HOURS!? hehe

For New Years, I cleaned up after our NYE party, took down Christmas decor (finally), and watched Black Swan! I’m sad tomorrow is back to work!

Alaina January 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm

My new years was nice, except that I had to work from 7am to 2pm. But the hubs and I had a great dinner at the Horseshoe Grille in N Reading that night. :-)

Taylor January 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Quinoa, not quiona- but it sure is delicious!

Brenda January 2, 2011 at 6:20 pm

The Penne Puttanesca looks delicious!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 2, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE the new layout and header..it’s so you!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm

this just reminded me how out of date my about me page is

amy at TheSceneFromMe January 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Ha, I love that you had cereal for lunch! I could eat cereal all meals of the day, so good! Love the new pages :)

Elizabeth January 2, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Those cheese sticks look amazing! When I was little, we’d visit my grandma and always get Little Caesar’s when the adults when out for dinner. I can smell them now!

Catie January 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I love the new website! My New Years Day was nice!! Dinner on a gift card and a snuggle movie with Mike!

Tanya @ Vegan Faith January 2, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hi! I just found your blog and love it! I am also running the Rock and Roll Marathon in Arizona this month! It is my first! Good luck to you and maybe we will run into each other!