• Step Away from the Computer

January 1, 2011

I spent ALL day sitting in front of my computer updating and creating new pages for Carrots ‘N’ Cake. I love that my new blog design allows me to do so much! :mrgreen:

After spending more than 6 hours diligently working away, I’m happy to report that I’m about 75% finished. (I plan to finish the rest of the pages later this week.)

Check out CNC’s new pages:

Needless to say, my brain is mush after all of that hard work, so I’m going to whiz through today’s eats.

Breakfast

Creamy quinoa made with soy milk, mashed banana, and a big scoop of Teddie peanut butter.

_MG_6709 (640x426)

Iced coffee with soy milk.

_MG_6706 (640x426)

Lunch

Kashi Island Vanilla cereal with fresh raspberries and soy milk.

_MG_6719 (640x426)

Three pieces of cheesy bread.

_MG_6731 (640x426)

Snack

Pistachios and a couple of Tootsie Rolls.

_MG_6727 (640x426)

Dinner

Fantastic pantry meal!

_MG_6736 (640x426)

Penne Puttanesca.

_MG_6758 (640x426)

Parsnip chips on the side.

_MG_6768 (640x426)

Dessert

A few bites of Half Baked FroYo.

_MG_6782 (640x426)

And a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar.

_MG_6787 (640x426)

How was your New Year’s Day?

Paige @Running Around Normal January 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm

What a productive day! Love quinoa for breakfast. Don’t know why I don’t eat it more often!

Laurel January 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm

That quinoa looks delish! I have never thought about making in sweet instead of savory…. :)

Natalia - a side of simple January 2, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Great job with keeping the sweets until after dinner, Tina! You’re well on you’re way :)

Carrie January 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love your new website too! Great work!

Erin January 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

It looks beautiful Teen! I love it. I am going to make your parsnip chips tonight :) They sound v. satisfying. Gorgeous day. xox Erin

Katherine: Unemployed January 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I think larabar should get in-touch with some frozen yogurt companies for dessert. Think of the possibilities of frozen banana yogurt with larabar pieces… coconut milk too? man my mind is working today

Emily W January 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Awesome idea, Katherine!

Tina, as a long term reader, I really love the new pages and design. So easy to navigate, good work!

Jess January 2, 2011 at 1:42 pm

The new website looks great! Your dinner looks great also! Anything with Capers is A’OK with me!

Danielle January 2, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Love the new layout and pages! Looks like your hard work yesterday paid off :) hope you have a wonderful January 2, 2011!

Joanna @drizzleofsunshine January 2, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Wow! You got a lot done on your page! Love it all! Don’t you just adore how blogging is like a black hole and can suck you in for HOURS!? hehe

For New Years, I cleaned up after our NYE party, took down Christmas decor (finally), and watched Black Swan! I’m sad tomorrow is back to work!

Alaina January 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm

My new years was nice, except that I had to work from 7am to 2pm. But the hubs and I had a great dinner at the Horseshoe Grille in N Reading that night. :-)

Taylor January 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Quinoa, not quiona- but it sure is delicious!

Brenda January 2, 2011 at 6:20 pm

The Penne Puttanesca looks delicious!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 2, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE the new layout and header..it’s so you!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm

this just reminded me how out of date my about me page is

amy at TheSceneFromMe January 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Ha, I love that you had cereal for lunch! I could eat cereal all meals of the day, so good! Love the new pages :)

Elizabeth January 2, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Those cheese sticks look amazing! When I was little, we’d visit my grandma and always get Little Caesar’s when the adults when out for dinner. I can smell them now!

Catie January 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I love the new website! My New Years Day was nice!! Dinner on a gift card and a snuggle movie with Mike!

Tanya @ Vegan Faith January 2, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hi! I just found your blog and love it! I am also running the Rock and Roll Marathon in Arizona this month! It is my first! Good luck to you and maybe we will run into each other!