• Snow Run

January 8, 2011

Brrrrrr! Our final TNT training run was cold and snowy. But, hey, at least it was memorable, right? Plus, it just makes me even more excited for the warm weather in Phoenix! 8-)

When I woke up this morning, I wanted to crawl right back into bed. I was not a happy camper when I realized that it was snowing.

2011-01-08 001

Breakfast

After taking the pug for his morning walk in the snow, I made my usual pre-run breakfast: peanut butter and banana on an English muffin with a small glass of iced coffee. It never lets me down!

IMG_0002 (2) (640x480)

A little while later, Mal and I drove to South Boston in the icky weather, which really made me not want to run.

By the time we arrived at the store, it was full on snowing.

And just the thought of running outside made me cold! :-?

But, I put on my big girl panties and ran nearly 8 miles with my hubby. We kept a slow and steady pace because neither of us wanted to wipeout in the snow!

IMG_0037 (640x480)IMG_0042 (640x480)

I still can’t believe it was our last training run. It’s crazy to think how far we’ve come since August!

After our run, Mal and I made a pit-stop at P.S. Gourmet for iced coffee.

It was snowing pretty hard by then, but it’s our post-run tradition! ;-)

After getting our iced coffees (I went with Almond Joy), we tried to reenact the photo from our first training run, which was only 3 miles.

IMG_0048 (640x480)IMG_0050 (480x640)IMG_0052 (480x640)

It was a lot more difficult today!

Check out the color of my legs! I’m a ghost now!

66IMG_0051 (480x640)

It’s been quite the journey! I cannot wait to run this thing!

Off to do a bunch of errands!

Taylor January 8, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Congrats on the run! You’re a rockstar for running in the snow.

I do have to say that the phrase “big girl panties” totally disgusts me though- ick!

Daisey January 8, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Where do you buy the different flavored spreads you use on muffins, toast (i.e. almond butter & cashew butter). They sounds delish. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them at my regular grocery store and I’m wondering if you buy them at a health food stores? I live in So. California so our food stores might be different. Just curious though. Thanks and great blog!! I’m so hooked. I wake up in the morning and instead of checking my email I check to see what you had for breakfast!! Okay, there is something totally wrong with that! LOL.

Tina January 8, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Usually, Stop & Shop, but most grocery stores carry peanut butter and almond butter. Whole Foods definitely does!

Kristin January 8, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I love P.S. Gourmet! Their brown sugar iced coffee is definitely my favorite :o) Good job on the run this AM, I chickened out and went ot hot yoga instead.

Priyanka January 8, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I don’t comment that often Tina, but I love your blog. Your marathon preparation has motivated me to take running seriously. I hope you finish strong at the Marathon, rooting for you!

ashleigh January 8, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Wow very impressed you ran in that weather today! You’ve come such a long way with training and I’m so happy for you!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 8, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Whewy GOOD job!!! That takes a lot of dedication to run through the snow like that. Can’t wait to see the marathon recap!!!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 8, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I’d rather run in the freezing cold temps than blazing hot ones! :)

Coco January 8, 2011 at 7:52 pm

why ICED coffee on a day like this??! haha

Ibelis January 8, 2011 at 8:59 pm

That iced coffee looks so good!!

Hannah January 8, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Holy. Moly. You ran in that?! I’m so impressed, yet at the same time think you and Mal are a little bit loopy. :D Mostly impressed, though.

Stefanie January 8, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Congrads on your training. Are you going to try to do a blogger meet up when you come to PHX? us Phoenicians hope so! Be great to finally meet both of you!

Amy January 9, 2011 at 9:27 am

Tina my darling, I mean this nicely.. but GET SOME TIGHTS WOMAN! :)

I know you hate winter, but you need to accept it…. capris won’t make the snow go away! :)

Lauren @ Running Examiner January 9, 2011 at 9:37 am

Nice run! You motivate me to stop being so whiny about running in the snow. I just cannot get down with it. From now on, I plan to do so a little more cheerfully. :)

Best of luck with your marathon — you’re going to do great!

Fit Chick in the City January 9, 2011 at 9:52 am

Running in the snow is challenging, but can also be lots of fun! No doubt you’ll do great in your marathon. You’re one tough lady for running in the snow in capris!

Monica January 9, 2011 at 10:47 am

Congrats on completing your training! It has been fun to follow your progress through your blog. And nicely done on running in the snow, that is definitely not an easy thing to do!

Ashley@piesandpushups January 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Wow, Tina! You are awesome! I can’t believe you did that run in the snow! I live in Florida and was just complaining to my husband this morning about our “cold” weather and how it is getting in the way of my morning runs! I guess I need to take some tips from you and suck it up and run! If you can run in the snow then I guess I can run in 40 degree temperatures. ;) Congrats on finishing your training! What an accomplishment!

Carol January 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Great job!!! Can’t wait to read about how the marathon went!!

Kristy January 10, 2011 at 8:01 am

As a Florida girl I can not even IMAGINE running in SNOW! Mind Blowing :-) I would be in big trouble in the north!